Best crew skills for personal benefit/pure profit?

Sideblaze

Apparently, crafting isn't worth the effort right now. Still, should things be fixed in December, I'd rather prepare now, rather than later.

So let's say you want to pick three crew skills for the sole purpose of making money, what primary crew skill would you pick, and what would you use to support it?

I run with Biochem for stims, Slicing and another skill. Amplifiers are focused on slicing, so crit on lockbox mission happens more often. That way, mission itself triples (arguably) the cost of it, plus it so often gives wealthy mission, which gives embers most of the time.

So let's say you want to pick three crew skills for the sole purpose of making money, what primary crew skill would you pick, and what would you use to support it?

For the sole purpose of making money? No primary. Pick three gathering skills and sell the materials on the GTN. Cost to gather ===> nothing. Price on GTN ==> not nothing. The return from the GTN consists entirely of profit.

Slicing gives direct credits, of course, and Bioanalysis and Scavenging give you the opportunity to teabag slain beasts and droids, if that's your thing.

Apparently, crafting isn't worth the effort right now. Still, should things be fixed in December, I'd rather prepare now, rather than later.

Right now? pick gather/slicing skills and sell the mats/missions

should crafting get fixed? ....

probably the same as it used to be, armor arms and synth for augments.but only if you're going to spend the time and investment on it.

if they'd actually fix costs for things like mods and static armors those would be viable again, but until they do, they're useless.

If crafting is not worth it and if everyone is just gathering and then selling the mats... who is buying them all up? Why do they keep selling?

People are crafting for other reasons than selling the crafted gear.

EDIT: Just to be clear: what I'm saying is that crafting isn't currently worth the effort as a means of making credits, while selling gathered materials (free at the point of gathering, and gatherable as you do other things in-game) *is*.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

Billionaires and masochists for the most part.

me I'm in the masochist category, although I won't buy mats....

I’ve made 250 mil just crafting augment mk 11 part time while running ops and FP.

Crafting is profitable it just take slightly more effort and is more complicated.

Purple augments take lots of Mats but are selling for more than the mats sell for.