Hardcore PvPers Roll Republic

HuntinSikness

The reason i rolled republic was the pvp indeed.

I dont wanna go into huge que times and having a hard time fiding people in world pvp, because my faction was zerging the other faction.

Now im the under dog and got low que times.

Has it occurred to any of you that there are hardcore PvPers on both the Empire and Republic? Rolling Republic has some really nice benefits for PvP... but there's a lot more to the decision of Empire vs Republic, even for a hardcore PvPer, than simply queue times or underdog status.

So hardcore PvPers roll Republic... and Empire too. Derp.

I find it amusing that people who wanted to be 'bad' rolled sith.

It's almost as if they hadn't realised you could make a dark side Jedi, which, to be honest, is far worse than a Sith fulfilling his role. Which was more shocking to you? Darth Vader killing Ben Kenobi with a red lightsabre, or Anakin Skywalker killing Jedi, with his blue lightsabre?

For me the answer was Anakin. Blue lightsabre? Some Jedi guardian of the peace he turned into.

Edit:

Ontopic, I've decided I will no longer roll a Sith Assassin. Shame really, was looking forward to it. Jedi Shadow it is.

Edited by Ferkles

During Beta I intended to go IA operative since it rocked pretty good. (Great skills, great story, nice style)

After the polls pointed towards a hughe invasion on imperium side, I decided to go Republic. (I'm more familiar with good side, but IA was the coolest class). Now I have rolled a Vanguard tank (badest looking equip until almost lvl 20, badest starting zone, many silly "Good" decisions)...

...but I'm lovin it.

Tank is great! having instant queues to warzones. And less crappy players in the team (usually)

Hmm, still waiting for these "hardcore" Republic pvp players to show up.

Also as empire I haven't had a que longer than MAYBE 5min, which wasn't an issue because I had plenty of other things to do.

I've found many fellow "hardcore" pvpers on Empire, which I expected.

What I've actually noticed from the Republic players is a lack of quality keybinds, a lot of keyboard turning, and the reaction time of a drunk Sloth.

I'm really hoping the Republics pvp player base improves because slaughtering you guys 3/4 of the warzones we enter wont be fun for long.

It's easier to find quality players on your faction when you outnumber the other 3 to 1 in some servers.

And I don't keyboard turn.

I always smile when ppl say hc PvP players have to go Empire ... if all of them go Emprie who will they play against ? Does hardcore mean we group up and pawn on the non hardcore :) You should want to play against good players, not with them.

We have a winner!

This is precisely why being forced to play with PuGs on your warzone team prevents any real competitive play. You will never see a really good team faced off against another really good team. Losers can always blame the PuGs for their failure, etc.

Edited by HuntinSikness