Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

GabeAmatangelo

Can you please stop repeating all the mistakes that your development team (IE Legacy Mythic people) made in their last fail game?

Pop cap isn't going to help performance in Ilum. It's just going to limit the players.

How about tone down the eye candy, get rid of the onscreen notifications and for gods sake, get rid of the notifications everytime a base flips? Start their.

And no rollback? lol gratz on losing half your subs in the first month. I'm going to go out on a limb and say you'll be lucky to be at 1/2 million subs within 2 months.

This was absolutely, and without doubt, the worst 1st patch in the history of gaming. Do you guys not play your own game? Do you have any idea on the mechanics of your game?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They won't roll back the servers because the projected costs and problems associated with a rollback far outweigh the benefits of appeasing those of us here who may or may not unsub because of it. Their solution is simply to "encourage" us not to fight on Ilum... which will never work simply because human nature compels us to exploit advantages when they are there to be exploited.

Game's broken and has lost a lot of appeal for me. Will be unsubbing as of today, despite how much I enjoyed and wanted to continue enjoying this game.

Edited by SoupyNuggs

We’re aware that on some servers, either Republic or Empire groups have been capturing the Ilum control points, entering the enemy’s base and ‘camping’ the medcenters

Before we get started, you're kidding right? lol

Please show me the SS of Pubs zerg camping Imp spawns on Ilum. I have seen numerous examples of Imps doing this. None of Pub. SS or it didn't happen.

We have found the issue preventing this from happening under server load and will be publishing an Emergency Patch to address the issue.

This is good to hear. Thank you for taking quick action to the problem.

In addition to these changes, we’ll be reducing the population cap on Ilum.

Question...Will this population cap be faction balanced? If not, capping the population isn't much of a remedy since at any given time one faction will continue to largely outnumber another.

The Valor gains players can see over time will vary greatly depending on the activity level in the zone. This is expected.

Early in your post, you stated that the Valor gains players made by killing opponents in the enemy base safe area was unintended gameplay. Now you are saying the Valor these players gained by doing this activity was expected? Am I to understand from this, that there will, in fact, be no Valor rollback for the players who exploited the situation?

To dispel a couple of rumors that have been seen today – there is no Valor gain from destroying turrets within enemy bases, and none from killing NPCs.

This is good to hear. Many of us suspected the Dev team couldn't really be this stupid. I'm sure you understand why many of us were left to wonder.

WHAT ABOUT THE FACT THAT I HAVE NO PVP ANYMORE?!?!

That's great and all for high pop servers, but I queued for 8 hours without a single warzone. Illum doesn't have a single republic player, and there are only 24 people total level 50 at 8pm (I took screens if youd like to see them).

What about those of us on the lower pop servers? You know, the ones who chose not to overload your servers by picking a reasonably populated one, to our own detriment. Where is our fix?

Edited by jrlucas

As an imp player with valour 56 done the hard way you are taking the piss, no rollback gives all those on my server who just got easy valour gains to walk away whistling a merry tune. My effort counts for nothing

as for the republic players that have been gang ***** have been told to bend over once again and afterwards we will take your wallet as well, i hoped you enjoyed that.

congrat's BW you have just shown you havn't got a clue

There's no problem with valor farming in Ilum but they're going to keep people from flying in anyway, to prevent further exploiting. SOMETHING DOESN'T COMPUTE.

Learn some basic mathematics, Bioware. When numbers STACK they get crazy. See the stacking buffs that were just fixed (What kind of idiot lets that make it into the game?) and see now the valor bonus + massive spam farming inside Republic bases.

So all of the people that gained battlemaster today because they were part of the zerg side will remain as such? That puts everyone on the other side at a severe disadvantage. You do know that right?

The Ilum buff that rewards the zerg side will remain in effect? That puts the non zerg side at a severe disadvantage. You do know that right?

I ask those questions not to be rhetorical, because clearly someone with decision making powers doesn't understand.

Won't happen as I bet it was a senior manager. Senior managers always make stupid decisions based on money/costs and from being shouted at from above. Even when the engineers are telling them its a big mistake.

It's a mess. Encouraging people not to go there ISN'T going to stop them. They will camp the place till the servers go down. And capping the population on Ilum means the grinders will just stay there all day and log on and off there, stopped anyone else going to Ilum.

Ilum is a mess, needs to be turned off and Valor for anyone that was recorded on Ilum ONLY, during today, have their Valor rolled back.

Edited by Paralassa
content quote

Bugs upon release is something one can expect, to a certain extent.....this amount of bugs in every multiplayer aspect of the game, combined with what can only be considered an amateurish approach to correcting your mistakes... It is just too much

after canceling my original 6 month sub I had considered giving it another month to see if the issues would be sorted out, but after the patch release today and this response to the chaos that followed....no

You were warned this would be an issue when the patch was on test realm, you chose to ignore it.

Edited by Baraquiel