Healing/movement tips?

seventhprophet

35 healing sorc here. I was looking for some tips on how you deal with required movement during tough healing boss fights.

There are a lot of scripted moments in boss fights that require the group to move away from discharging generators or flames from rockets. Some have big easy indicators that we need to move, but some are subtle. Like a certain mob turns to face some equipment he is going to blow up.

But during these heal intensive fights, my eyes are glued to health bars or am immobile while casting a 2.5 sec heal.

Should I be in melee with the others, or is AoE a big problem? It's easy enought to keep another player in sight and move to where they are, but when running with no ranged dps, it's thought to stick with one person. What techniques do you use to keep up with healing while watching for small indicators that we have to move?

Just to put it out there, by 35, there's really no reason for Dark Infusion to still be a 2.5 second cast. By 32 you should be able to have 2 points in Force Bending that will make DI a 1.5 second cast. While that doesn't sound like a lot on paper, in practice, that's a big step toward mobility and maintaining healing.

32, btw, was pulled from this build, taking 7 points in lightening and 2 in madness, as I did, before moving into the Corruption tree. http://torguild.net/calculator/sith-inquisitor/sorcerer/?p=232300210000000000032000020000000000000020000000000000000

Just a general thing to make it easier.

Convert your party frame to always appear as operative frames then enlarge it with the sliding bars.

Also unlock the frame and move it more towards the middle of your screen so your eyes can naturally rest towards the action of the fight when reading health bars.

Just a general thing to make it easier.

Convert your party frame to always appear as operative frames then enlarge it with the sliding bars.

Also unlock the frame and move it more towards the middle of your screen so your eyes can naturally rest towards the action of the fight when reading health bars.

WHOAH, hold the phone - this sounds PERFECT. How do I do this? I'm at work or I'd just play in the client, haha.