The ESO forums are worse than the SW:TOR ones :/

OddballEasyEight

Well, where should I start?

First off, it says that it's the Official (and then in parentheses, "and temporary") forums. That means they put the emphases on Official and not on temporary.

Thus meaning that they are indeed the Official forums at this time, but when the community site is up and running and the game is released they will move the forums there.

As for the list of EA forums, no I would not call them the official swtor forums.

On the other hand, it doesn't say anywhere that it is the official forums either so they are not claiming to be.

Zenimax Online, on the other hand, are claiming that these are the official forums for the time being until the ESO community sites forums are up and running.

This is the entire message from that thread I linked to:

Does any of this strike you as being unofficial?

You can harp all you want, but Zenimax Online are claiming that that is the official forum for the time being, thus making it the official forum for ESO.

Doesn't matter if you want to try and analyse the meaning of their phrasing or discuss semantics. The fact is that Zenimax Online is claiming that it is the official forum. That makes it so.

Damn you've got a lot of time on your hands.....

Fact is they aren't the official ESO forums. The official ESO forums have yet to be released.

Zenimax Online are claiming that that is the official forum for the time being, thus making it the official forum for ESO

Yeah claiming. They made a mistake in the title. Don't believe everything you read from the developers as absolute truth. Sometimes they make mistakes.

Thus meaning they aren't the official forums. They are only temporary forums.

Sorry you're in denial, but you need to learn the facts. :rolleyes:

Yet there was no evidence that you had ever posted anything at all (though you later admitted you had posted). So you were then asked to prove a negative (which everyone who has sense knows is simply not possible): "Prove you weren't trolling".

He probably had another troll account and only showed us his main account just to show how "innocent" he is. :rolleyes: Of course I can't prove that he does have a troll account, and he can't prove that he doesn't, so it will remain a possibility.

Edited by Vallins

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fact is they aren't the official ESO forums. The official ESO forums have yet to be released.

It took me all of 2 minutes to write that post.

And the fact remains that they are the official ESO forums since the developers of the game are saying "these are the official ESO forums."

The only "fact" you have claiming otherwise is your word. Hardly fact.

Your obsession with the addition of "temporary" is deluded. It'd be like claiming the pre-launch forums of SW:TOR on swtor.com were not official because they got erased.

Yeah claiming. They made a mistake in the title. Don't believe everything you read from the developers as absolute truth. Sometimes they make mistakes.

Please provide me with the information that proves that their title was a mistake (especially since the post also claims that it is, indeed, the official forums).

It's not me who is in denial here buddy.

He probably had another troll account and only showed us his main account just to show how "innocent" he is. :rolleyes: Of course I can't prove that he does have a troll account, and he can't prove that he doesn't, so it will remain a possibility.

Aaah, calling me a troll again without any proof.

Classy.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

It took me all of 2 minutes to write that post.

And the fact remains that they are the official ESO forums since the developers of the game are saying "these are the official ESO forums."

The only "fact" you have claiming otherwise is your word. Hardly fact.

Your obsession with the addition of "temporary" is deluded. It'd be like claiming the pre-launch forums of SW:TOR on swtor.com were not official because they got erased.

Your obsession with false information is deluded. The pre launch forums of SWTOR was on swtor.com and they were in the same place therefore they were the official forums.

The current unofficial ESO forums right now (on the bethsoft one) are not the official forums that will be released on the official website. There are 2 different websites, 2 different forums. The one you are talking about in your title are the unofficial ones.

Please provide me with the information that proves that their title was a mistake (especially since the post also claims that it is, indeed, the official forums).

Please provide me with information that it wasn't a mistake. Do you believe everything the developers say? That's pretty deluded.

It's not me who is in denial here buddy.

It most certainly is. :rolleyes:

Aaah, calling me a troll again without any proof.

Classy.

Yet you can't prove that you weren't trolling their forums, because like i said, its a possibility that you have made other accounts just to troll it.

And I didn't actually call you a troll, so firstly learn to read. Secondly I used the words "probably" and "possibility".

I have yet to read a good argument from you. Surely you must say something intelligent for once? ;)

Edited by Vallins

Your obsession with false information is deluded. The pre launch forums of SWTOR was on swtor.com and they were in the same place therefore they were the official forums.

The current unofficial ESO forums right now (on the bethsoft one) are not the official forums that will be released on the official website. There are 2 different websites, 2 different forums. The one you are talking about in your title are the unofficial ones.

Your entire argument is based on the fact that the forum isn't hosted on the elderscrollsonline site. Despite the developers explicitly saying that it is the official forums, you still claim that it isn't for the simple fact that it's not on their homepage.

So by that logic, if the swtor.com forums moved to another site for any reason and even if the devs stated that "yes we are moving our forums to blablabla", you would not consider those the official forums.

And that's not very logical.

The official forums is wherever the developers of the game state that they are.

Please provide me with information that it wasn't a mistake. Do you believe everything the developers say? That's pretty deluded.

Of course I don't, but I take their word over yours any day. The only "proof" you are giving here is that you are saying that the developers are lying.

If it was a mistake, surely they would have corrected it by now. They certainly had ample time to do so.

Yet you can't prove that you weren't trolling their forums, because like i said, its a possibility that you have made other accounts just to troll it.

And I didn't actually call you a troll, so firstly learn to read. Secondly I used the words "probably" and "possibility".

I have yet to read a good argument from you. Surely you must say something intelligent for once? ;)

By that reasoning, you are probably a troll to because you cannot prove that you aren't.

Also, you did call me a troll, remember?

And you were complaining on the ESO forums that it will go F2P, you were deliberately trolling it to get a negative reaction from people. And anyway, you have no evidence to know that ESO will go F2P, you are only assuming it will.

Just because you deleted your post doesn't mean the quoted parts disappear. You can try to hide your tracks all you want, but most of your posts in this thread are already quoted and thus preserved for posterity.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Typical Black Knight response of resorting to accusing people of being trolls when you have no arguments.

0/10

This guys is a master. Once again, moving the goalposts. He's like a politician on a campaign saying "ladies and gentlemen, I cannot prove my opponent is a terrorist. But he can't prove he isn't. So it remains a possibility." Awesome, just awesome.

Please, please, please keep arguing these points and insisting you are right. We are really, really loving it. Seriously, everyone here is saying you're wrong because you are, in fact, objectively wrong. And it's awesome to watch you get clobbered over and over and over. It's like watching a chihuahua attack a rottweiler over and over. And we are all loving it. :)

Edited by Eldrenath

This guys is a master. Once again, moving the goalposts. He's like a politician on a campaign saying "ladies and gentlemen, I cannot prove my opponent is a terrorist. But he can't prove he isn't. So it remains a possibility." Awesome, just awesome.

Please, please, please keep arguing these points and insisting you are right. We are really, really loving it. Seriously, everyone here is saying you're wrong because you are, in fact, objectively wrong. And it's awesome to watch you get clobbered over and over and over. It's like watching a chihuahua attack a rottweiler over and over. And we are all loving it. :)

Heh, yeah, it's classic Black Knight behaviour.

You counter their arguments with fact or a counter argument and they either ignore it or they switch to personal attacks. :rolleyes:

You are the true definition of a person in denial :rolleyes: I'm loving how desperate you guys are getting!

Heh, yeah, it's classic Black Knight behaviour.

You counter their arguments with fact or a counter argument and they either ignore it or they switch to personal attacks. :rolleyes:

Pot meet kettle :rolleyes:

Was only trying to help you learn. It's not my fault you can't comprehend simple facts lol. The fact you're trying to continue this discussion when you have absolutely nothing to back up your points again shows desperation/obsession.

Edited by Vallins

Pot meet kettle :rolleyes:

Was only trying to help you learn. It's not my fault you can't comprehend simple facts lol. The fact you're trying to continue this discussion when you have absolutely nothing to back up your points again shows desperation/obsession.

You know what's funny?

You say I have nothing backing up my points while your only argument seems to be "because I say so".

Where is your proof that the developers statement (that it was the official forums) was wrong? You have claimed that it was a mistake on their part, but you have not put forward any proof to that effect.

I have, on the other hand, shown you ample proof that they are indeed the official forums. the Bethesda forums usually host all the Zenimax owned games, so the ESO forums being there is official enough, but the fact that Zenimax Online themselves have stated that those are the official forums at this time is pretty overwhelming proof.

As for obsession, well you are still here trying to convince me that I'm wrong.

I think the SWTOR ones are actually worse than the ESO forums because there are mixed opinions there (which are allowed and the community is okay with that) and people don't come defending it left right and centre like this game.

You know what's funny?

You say I have nothing backing up my points while your only argument seems to be "because I say so".

Where is your proof that the developers statement (that it was the official forums) was wrong? You have claimed that it was a mistake on their part, but you have not put forward any proof to that effect.

I have, on the other hand, shown you ample proof that they are indeed the official forums. the Bethesda forums usually host all the Zenimax owned games, so the ESO forums being there is official enough, but the fact that Zenimax Online themselves have stated that those are the official forums at this time is pretty overwhelming proof.

As for obsession, well you are still here trying to convince me that I'm wrong.

That wall of text clearly shows you are determined/committed, borderline obsessed IMO :rolleyes:

But yeah, people can only go so far and write so much until they give up and finally realize they are wrong with things and stop being in denial. And I agree with the other guy, the official eso forums aren't even open yet. The beth soft ones are only temporary.

Where is your proof that the developers statement (that it was the official forums) was wrong?

Maybe you should show him proof that the developers statement ISN'T wrong? :p

Edited by Jcorden

Pretty much!

I do believe that him saying "pot calling the kettle black" to me means he is saying that we are both the same.

So he is saying that he is all those things he is calling me.

That expression really only works if someone outside the argument states it, and then it reflects poorly on both participants in an argument.

I don't know a single person that thought TESO was remotely good. In fact, most of them mad the "omg, I can't express how bad it was" face. I went in with 0 expectations, since I never played any of the Elder Scrolls games, but most of my friends have and they really disliked it. Some even partook in multiple Beta weekends with hopes that it would get better. Nope, sure didn't.

I don't know what they were looking for, but TESO was not it.

It's amazing.

I'm not even gonna justify cause just...lol...wow.

Your sample size is showing, I guess.

I am done with this engine, and every development resource going into the CM. Dueces and junk. 38 hours or so now...