Preview items from the new packs... ALREADY ??

Gamesux

Are you kidding me? This game should be renamed to Coin Wars: The Cartel Republic. Maybe release an expac and call it Rise of the Reskinned Republic.:rolleyes:

No wonder why lots of other people in the mmo community call this game a cash grab. I want to love swtor so much more but its sad to see EAware just milking this game until its no longer profitable. Before anyone asks, profitability ≠ quality. This games quality has just been going down and down since f2p. Many armor sets from the gen 3 and 4 packs lack quality and besides the toys and emotes and some mounts there's really nothing that wows you that comes out of the CM.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't like it DON'T BUY THEM!

No one is forcing any player to buy the cartel packs. It's not a requirement to play the game. Nothing stops working if you don't buy cartel packs.

So take a chill pill and play on.

Right, he didn't say he'd be forced to buy the packs did he?

I believe his point is more like, when was the last time they updated anything like the PvP vendor items? Lightside Vendors items? Operation loot drops? FP loot drops?

They have all this amazing stuff they can pump out every few weeks, yet they can't add any of it to the GAME itself as incentive for actually PLAYING the game? THAT is what sucks so much about the CM imo...those items should eventually make their way in-game imo.

Are you kidding me? This game should be renamed to Coin Wars: The Cartel Republic. Maybe release an expac and call it Rise of the Reskinned Republic.:rolleyes:

No wonder why lots of other people in the mmo community call this game a cash grab. I want to love swtor so much more but its sad to see EAware just milking this game until its no longer profitable. Before anyone asks, profitability ≠ quality. This games quality has just been going down and down since f2p. Many armor sets from the gen 3 and 4 packs lack quality and besides the toys and emotes and some mounts there's really nothing that wows you that comes out of the CM.

Au contraire. I actually like quite a few of the armor sets from the last two packs.

Also, I can't take anybody seriously who intentionally states the development company's name wrong.

Right, he didn't say he'd be forced to buy the packs did he?

I believe his point is more like, when was the last time they updated anything like the PvP vendor items? Lightside Vendors items? Operation loot drops? FP loot drops?

They have all this amazing stuff they can pump out every few weeks, yet they can't add any of it to the GAME itself as incentive for actually PLAYING the game? THAT is what sucks so much about the CM imo...those items should eventually make their way in-game imo.

I agree with you, TUXs. Bad enough the CM exists imo, but the fact that playing the game doesn't get you anything different from the CM. Reskins? Who cares. I'd rather see incentivized play from rewards in order to reduce queue times. Doubt it will ever happen since the CM is a cash grab, but it really destroys the integrity of the game itself. :(

If you don't like it DON'T BUY THEM!

No one is forcing any player to buy the cartel packs. It's not a requirement to play the game. Nothing stops working if you don't buy cartel packs.

So take a chill pill and play on.

You just missed the OP's entire point. :rolleyes:

What does a cartel pack have to do with the quality of the game? I still have a blast playing, and I haven't bought a single pack. Don't like what's in the pack? Why would that decrease the enjoyment of the rest of the game for you?

Not sure if you are serious, but I certainly hope not. Then again, your name screams troll...

It is surprising how fast they can turn out CM content.

I mean I haven't really been paying attention but how frequent are those updates? Monthly? That's kind of impressive, in a sad way.

Reskins are easy in any game. having to add a mechanic or balance abilities is where it becomes time-intensive

Pfft...balance is difficult because only one guy does it, not because it's actually difficult. And the CM isn't just reskins...take a look at the models again.

Any armor model is a reskin. Changing a look, and nothing else, is just adding a skin to the programming that already exists. The longest part is the actual drawing and rendering. Implementation is not difficult

What does a cartel pack have to do with the quality of the game? I still have a blast playing, and I haven't bought a single pack. Don't like what's in the pack? Why would that decrease the enjoyment of the rest of the game for you?

Not sure if you are serious, but I certainly hope not. Then again, your name screams troll...

Actually, I am not sure if you are serious or not. Whenever someone posts a criticism, your kind jumps in with "i am having a blast", "don't buy if you don't want" etc.. , same crap since the beginning.

Actually, I am not sure if you are serious or not. Whenever someone posts a criticism, your kind jumps in with "i am having a blast", "don't buy if you don't want" etc.. , same crap since the beginning.

My kind? People who enjoy playing a game? I don't understand his criticism. He is upset because a pack contains items he does not like. What does that have to do with the quality of the game?

Reskins are easy in any game. having to add a mechanic or balance abilities is where it becomes time-intensive

True, if only that kind of thinking were applied to bug fixing. I mean that sure seems as simple as "reskinning" something to me in order to fix. And there's been how many CM updates since that started?

True, if only that kind of thinking were applied to bug fixing. I mean that sure seems as simple as "reskinning" something to me in order to fix. And there's been how many CM updates since that started?

Bug Squashing and item developement are traditionally two very different teams. Also, bug squashing is a very tedious process, considering you need to ensure your possible fix has very minimal chance to make things worse elsewhere.

Bug Squashing and item developement are traditionally two very different teams. Also, bug squashing is a very tedious process, considering you need to ensure your possible fix has very minimal chance to make things worse elsewhere.

Priorities, priorities....

Edited by Joesixxpack

Indeed, perhaps this particular bug wouldn't have been introduced if they weren't madly rushing to add more CM items :p