Sniper Class Representative

EricMusco

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offence to any other candidates, but regardless of pve / pvp nobody has given more to the sniper community than Paowee.

Sure they need a rep for both pve and pvp, but this is the first iteration of the system and there will only be 1 representative, so it is what it is.

IMO there are obviously several candidates, but the one whom I'd imagine would be the most effective and most committed to the role would be Paowee.

Edited by I_Sithed_MyPants

I vote for Paowee.

I do appreciate being mentioned, but I'm not nearly as big a forum contributor as him. He definitely knows the class and puts in a lot of effort to min-max it. I wouldn't be surprised if he's spent more time testing sniper stuff than I have playing. :)

Plus, if he ends up representing I'm sure he can get the necessary PvP input from the forums if he's uncertain himself. We play on the same server and all I do is PvP, so I'd be happy to throw my input his way any time, too.

Hey ,these is a good incentive in times when fanbased websites are shutting down one by one (Bioware please save Torparse,com) ,players are getting official tutoring and suppose mentors will be getting more involved in tailoring adv. class play styles

i followed tibbel , notommorow and now paowee ,they are/were all awesome but hopefully paowee lived longer than others

as a last representative left from those 3 i vote for paowee ,tho he is missing a math padawan wich im sure will find it soon after promotion

Vote for paowee

There needs to be a pve and pvp per class/archtype.

Agreed. They currently seem to be holding nominations for each AC and its mirror -- sniper and gunslinger. Instead we need:

• PvP rep for gunslinger / sniper
  • PvE rep for gunslinger / sniper

Agreed. They currently seem to be holding nominations for each AC and its mirror -- sniper and gunslinger. Instead we need:

• PvP rep for gunslinger / sniper
  • PvE rep for gunslinger / sniper

Exactly. You'd think the BW guys would realize they are the same archtype. LoL?

Thanks for the nominations everyone :) ...but really after going through Eric's original post over at Gen Discussion, I think ANYONE can do this task as long as he has the free time for it, and as long as he can facilitate "figuring out the community's top 3 concerns" in a fair manner. The job really is to just:

Facilitate the discussion on what THREE questions their community wants answered by the Combat Team. 1 PVE question, 1 PVP question, and 1 OTHER question is required. I think the easiest way to figure out what everyone wants is for everyone to vote on it.

There will always be one PVE spot and one PVP spot. The 3rd spot is where the fun will be at. If more people vote on a PVP question then we are going to have 1 PVE question and 2 PVP questions and vice versa. So I suggest calling your PVP or PVE friends to start voting...

If you want a personal question answered, something that has been griping you for months on end, then make a clear and convincing question that you can post and "lobby to the community." In the end the PVErs will choose their PVE question, the PVPrs will choose their PVP question, and BOTH will compete for the extra spot that they can throw to the Development Team.

That's just about it.

Edited by paowee

Thanks for the nominations everyone :) ...but really after going through Eric's original post over at Gen Discussion, I think ANYONE can do this task as long as he has the free time for it, and as long as he can facilitate "figuring out the community's top 3 concerns" in a fair manner. The job really is to just:

Facilitate the discussion on what THREE questions their community wants answered by the Combat Team. 1 PVE question, 1 PVP question, and 1 OTHER question is required. I think the easiest way to figure out what everyone wants is for everyone to vote on it.

There will always be one PVE spot and one PVP spot. The 3rd spot is where the fun will be at. If more people vote on a PVP question then we are going to have 1 PVE question and 2 PVP questions and vice versa. So I suggest calling your PVP or PVE friends to start voting... ^_^

If you want a personal question answered, something that has been griping you for months on end, then make a clear and convincing question that you can post and "lobby to the community." In the end the PVErs will choose their PVE question, the PVPrs will choose their PVP question, and BOTH will compete for that 1 extra question they can throw to the Development Team.

So yeah.. that's just about it >_<.

This. You just beat me to writing the same. In my opinion the prerequisite for the CR is:

1) To know his class well enough to understand the concerns/questions of the community of his class.

2) To figure out which three topics we need more information about most.

Paowee seems to understand that. Considering that he also had the idea to create this thread and actually went ahead and did it, I think that he would be most suited as a CR, not because of his skills as a player, but because he is able to actively help this whole process in a very good way (and does so).

Sorry for any mistakes, non-native speaker here.

That's what I remember reading, which is sad. He was great when it came to discussing PvP.

Hello friends.

I don't think i am entitled to represent the Sniper PvP community as I no longer play the game after the 2.0 changes. I have no problem with sniper changes but I hate what they did to healers in 2.0, if they rebalanced healers to pre 2.0. I would probably return.

I will probably give my vote to islander or Es'Carli. I like them both.

If some of you happen to become the representative, please ask the devs how do they personally envision the relationship between Ranged DPS and Healers. Are healers supposed to only feel threatened by melee DPS because of how easy is it to avoid range DPS with all the LoSing?

Thank you.

Edited by NoTomorrow

If some of you happen to become the representative, please ask the devs how do they personally envision the relationship between Ranged DPS and Healers. Are healers supposed to only feel threatened by melee DPS because of how easy is it to avoid range DPS with all the LoSing?

Thank you.

Allow me to answer this question here. As ranged you wont get tons of damage like a melee, but rather stay max ranged in a corner. Its rather a question of your positioning (..played caster dd all the time in old WoW). As melee you have to check you own HP all the time. And good healer knows how to kite a melee away from his mates, and then call help or CC. So as melee u have to run a lot and try to survive.

Dont forget what a burst you can do from 35 meter range once your target is not out of your LoS. Sometimes he even didnt see where all the burst came( yeah...its a Sniper). As MM for example, EP triggered by Ambush, followed by a instant Snipe and Takedown at 30% is a kinda retarded single burst. Same as Leth with DoTs->WB->Cull->EP->Takedown. I dont see anything is not in order here.

Edited by X-Boson

Allow me to answer this question here. As ranged you wont get tons of damage like a melee, but rather stay max ranged in a corner. Its rather a question of your positioning (..played caster dd all the time in old WoW). As melee you have to check you own HP all the time. And good healer knows how to kite a melee away from his mates, and then call help or CC. So as melee u have to run a lot and try to survive.

Dont forget what a burst you can do from 35 meter range once your target is not out of your LoS. Sometimes he even didnt see where all the burst came( yeah...its a Sniper). As MM for example, EP triggered by Ambush, followed by a instant Snipe and Takedown at 30% is a kinda retarded single burst. Same as Leth with DoTs->WB->Cull->EP->Takedown. I dont see anything is not in order here.

Unfortunately it's extremely difficult and rare to have an operative healer staying in your line of sight due to them having the combat stealth, evasion cleansing everything, the tech cleanse removing our legshot and of course the lol roll. If you as a healer end up dying because of sniper fire, most probably his team mates were able to put you in such a desperate situation that you would've died anyways without the sniper's help.

This is what I don't like, the fact that they gave all healers physical root cleanses.