life day items on cartel market insulting.

gabarooni

I agree with you but of all the MMOS i have played, such events are tied into the actual world game content like special events, missions etc as an alternative to acquire some items.

I read all the patch notes and i found no such thing. I was hoping for some open world events or missions related to this event.

I would like to point out that no of the special events were advertised a long time ahead, they came rather suprisingly. So it might be to early to give up hope. There still maybe an ingame event around christmas or new year.

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is wrong, if they don't actually have an event planned. This feels like they just threw out the event so they could charges us steep price for what we should have gotten in game. (Didn’t they just recently say they weren’t going to do seasonal packs, make you wonder doesn’t it?) I have no problem how GW2 did it. Hey you can even have some items that can only be bought too, but charging for everything just so we can have some holiday fun just looks greedy. If they do have an event this would be the time to give us a clue, else their going to have a lot of unhappy players.

Please, please, please keep adding these types of items to the cash shop BW. I'd prefer this over P2W or having them force subs to pay for access to new planets and important crap like that. They need to make money off the shop somehow.

Too late P2W is in patch 1.6.

You can either grind space missions for upgrades or P2W and buy them straight off the cashshop. :mad:

Well no Gouging would warrant the fact you need to buy these items to progress in the game. These are just some optional gear to make you look more unique. Don't care about buying it and think its a great idea to increase revenue.

Also the quest idea had a bug in it, the fact that f2players would have to have access to it. Personally its like all the other gear you can buy from the cartel market, yes its limited time but you get to strut around in it all year long.

They completely skipped an entire tier of gear going straight from 5 to 7.

If you want to buy them in game you have to spend 5.5hrs of farming per item or spend real money.

Instead of making event gear acquirable in an event, it can only be gained by spending real world money.

15 bullet points of cartel gear, 1 bug fix.

These are not good signs.

I would like to point out that no of the special events were advertised a long time ahead, they came rather suprisingly. So it might be to early to give up hope. There still maybe an ingame event around christmas or new year.

I'd like to point out the outbreak of crying that would come if the event would be announced/started in 2 weeks in case of subscribers already bought these items from CM thinking they can't be acquired otherwise.

lol, originally Ilum was supposed to coincide with 1yr anniversary, then they said that we would have a different event for one year.

Ilum is pushed back to Feb now, but we are supposed to have a 1yr anniversary event in two weeks. numerous devs have said so.

No, it was supposed to coincide with 1yr anniversary of Ilum first rework leading to it's disabling.

There never was any talk about any event for 1st game anniversary. Free fireworks, yes, but no event.

It doesn't mean there can't be, since aside from that loose mention of Ilum-related event, BW never mentions their events untill they are already going.

So by 2020 we'll be able to not spend $200 a year on Life Day "event/extortion packs", well that's all fine then! :rolleyes:

I love your signature. I foresee this thread taking the same turn. It's a shame, i'm not saddened so much about spending the money, its about the fact that.. well as you put it... I feel like the enjoyment I take in christmas/holiday season [to be politically correct and such!] is being exploited by Bioware.

TBH I will probably just cut in to my credit fund and buy some packs off the GTN [most likely at 1-2 mil a pop ): ], and use the my real money to give tangible gift's to family/friends etc.

Edited by Nanglez

Another person that completely missed the point. When they were talking about F2P they consistently talked about how subs would NEVER be forced to pay extra money, all content would be included in the sub you pay, you know that $15/ mo we've been giving them for the past 12 months.

The skipped a tier of ship weapons/armor going straight to tier 7 lol, and made them cost so much money that you'd have to be CAPPED to buy them, and made the missions difficult that they are physically impossible to finish without tier 7 gear. But don't worry, you can buy them for real money.

And the "life day event" just so happens to be a super cool SALE on the cartel market. Fun. Sounds to me like subs were mislead about what would actually be included in our monthly payment. Because right now it's looking like "zilch" and "nothing."

I don't know why they put the new ship parts in the shop; they are (well were on the pts) buyable with daily comms or obtainable through crafting as well. And they didn't skip a tier - there are tier 6 ship parts that have been obtainable through crafting since as long as I remember. Having said that, it still reeks of pay-to-win since they are indeed the most powerful items in game for ships.

There may just be code in the patch for an actual event - we'll have to wait and see if they activate it later.

It's still 2 whole weeks till Christmas. So maybe, I dunno, uhmmmm, they like, have a Life Day event actually around Christmas instead of weeks in advance already? (Though I still think lifeday should fall with Thanksgiving, not with Christmas) Not to mention the 1-year anniversary. It doesn't seem right to let either overshadow the other. So anniversary first (that's what you got the fireworks for), lifeday after. Advent is the time you prepare for festivities (buy clothes and stuff), the present giving comes with Christmas. Just stop being so greedy.

Oh, and humbug!

Well no Gouging would warrant the fact you need to buy these items to progress in the game. These are just some optional gear to make you look more unique. Don't care about buying it and think its a great idea to increase revenue.

Also the quest idea had a bug in it, the fact that f2players would have to have access to it. Personally its like all the other gear you can buy from the cartel market, yes its limited time but you get to strut around in it all year long.

So you think 2400 CC (or 4 months of subscriber coins) per character is a reasonable price for this stuff? :eek::confused:

Especially when it is "limited time" so there is no way you could possibly save up subscriber coins even if you wanted to save several years worth for it?

Too late P2W is in patch 1.6.

You can either grind space missions for upgrades or P2W and buy them straight off the cashshop. :mad:

You could buy them(almost all) from other players, but with them being avaible from market it's unlikely people will ever buy them for price greater than materials cost.

15 bullet points for cartel shop.

1 bullet point for bugfix... and it's a bug with with the cartel shop.

There are currently many many many bugs with this game, quite a few of them gamebreaking and persistent. The "butthurt" as you so eloquently put it, is that subs pay $15/mo automatically, and we expect to see improvement to the game for that investment, at the very least fixing stuff they broke if not adding additional things FOR US. The fact that f2p is being catered to so hard core, while subs are treated as second class, does not bode well for the health of the game.

they are prioritizing short term profits over long term sustainability and it's not going to be healthy for the game.

Strange, I didn't see Bug anywhere in this thread title, or brought up much, if anywhere until now. Bugs and bug fixing and game development are completely irrelevant to a large amount of people getting upset at the introduction of limited time *aesthetic only* items to the cash shop.

Had people started this thread, and continued this thread with comments like "The nerve of EAware adding items to the cartel shop instead of fixing <insert bug here> first and foremost!" instead of comments like "Greedy EAware charging me for a limited time offer set of gear! I demand this price gouging of customers to end!", then my comment would have never been made in the first place.

As it stands though, this is a thread about said items, their cost, and peoples outrage at having to pay for them. That is contained within the General Discussion section and not the Customer Service section (the appropriate section for all bug related posts).

They completely skipped an entire tier of gear going straight from 5 to 7.

If you want to buy them in game you have to spend 5.5hrs of farming per item or spend real money.

Instead of making event gear acquirable in an event, it can only be gained by spending real world money.

15 bullet points of cartel gear, 1 bug fix.

These are not good signs.

Uhm. No. There have been tier 6 items in game for a long time now. Craftable by cybertech & widely available on the GTN.

Would have to agree with most here. There should be an in game way to get the life day items tied to an event. Prices are also way too high for many people. Cut the prices by 60-70% and you will most likley increase revenue from those sales. Many people will not pay 10 bucks for an outfit, but many many more would pay 3. Edited by HelinCarnate

Yeah i think they forgot to add events to holiday event.

This indeed does bum me out a bit.

makes me think they've made so much money off the cartel market that they're getting a bit more greedy now.

Personally I've spent quite a few bucks buying cartel items. Now I'm having mixed emotions wondering whether I'm a sheep or a dairy cow :confused:

No events being offered is seriously a majpr part adding to my confusion. Also thought the disposable fireworks were only going to be free?

This may not bode well for community morale. Not mine at least..

Hmm... guess I missed a meeting. I was not expecting an event. It was not on PTS or part of 1.6. So... what is this need for an event all of the sudden?

But the word event seems to have spun some of us out of sorts. So.. think of it this way. The event is the release of the new PvP Hypergates. The bonus gear will be, free Tionese for all 50s. The pay out will be running PvP with guildies over the holidays.

Sounds like a great event to me.

To be honest I agree here, the focus seems to shift completely to Cartel market leaving subs without any benefit really. I do not have much interest in the Cartel market, nor do I feel I should have to spend on it as I sub. Even the armor they're putting on is stuff that should have been in the game in the first place (i.e. authentic looking jedi wear etc.)

A lot of people fear this would happen with F2P/cashshop. :(

This indeed does bum me out a bit.

makes me think they've made so much money off the cartel market that they're getting a bit more greedy now.

Personally I've spent quite a few bucks buying cartel items. Now I'm having mixed emotions wondering whether I'm a sheep or a dairy cow :confused:

No events being offered is seriously a majpr part adding to my confusion. Also thought the disposable fireworks were only going to be free?

This may not bode well for community morale. Not mine at least..

That is an EXCELLENT point my friend. I did not think of this when I posted the OP. All the money they've made off subscriptions and the CM recently - and they couldn't afford to give us a free event? I can feeeeeel my anger rising.

I don't know why they put the new ship parts in the shop; they are (well were on the pts) buyable with daily comms or obtainable through crafting as well. And they didn't skip a tier - there are tier 6 ship parts that have been obtainable through crafting since as long as I remember. Having said that, it still reeks of pay-to-win since they are indeed the most powerful items in game for ships.

There may just be code in the patch for an actual event - we'll have to wait and see if they activate it later.

http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/5

Only one of them is grade 6, the rest are grade five, made with promethium etc. I guess you didn't play test the PTS? It's virtually impossible to beat the new missions with the best of the current tier of gear. I can beat the old missions without taking a single point of damage... I died many many many times before getting one clear on the new ones. It's a total waste of time and the rewards are seriously not worth it... kind of like section X lol.

Just because an event has yet to be announced doesn't mean there won't be one. However at this point in time it does seem that there won't be one. Still I understand your frustration, I was hoping for an event as well.

Ummm you know something that rest of us dont know? :confused:

Strange, I didn't see Bug anywhere in this thread title, or brought up much, if anywhere until now. Bugs and bug fixing and game development are completely irrelevant to a large amount of people getting upset at the introduction of limited time *aesthetic only* items to the cash shop.

Had people started this thread, and continued this thread with comments like "The nerve of EAware adding items to the cartel shop instead of fixing <insert bug here> first and foremost!" instead of comments like "Greedy EAware charging me for a limited time offer set of gear! I demand this price gouging of customers to end!", then my comment would have never been made in the first place.

As it stands though, this is a thread about said items, their cost, and peoples outrage at having to pay for them. That is contained within the General Discussion section and not the Customer Service section (the appropriate section for all bug related posts).

Strange, I thought the entire point of the thread and it's even in the title, is that BW is focusing more on the Cartel Shop than on improving the game overall. And my point is right in line with that. 15 additions to the cartel shop, only a single bug fix.

It's a shame and a sham and I'm not quite sure how you missed that point. Maybe it's a bit too late or too early for your critical thinking skills to be warmed up...