View Single Post

Torvai
09.18.2017 , 02:32 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by No-self View Post
If a level 50 could perform as a level 70 toptier geared player, gearing and leveling is essentially useless in terms of pve content and gearing.
In bolstered content, yes, level and gear are pretty much irrellevant.
Case in point:
Quote:
In a flashpoint like korriban incursion, where the damagerequirement is important to be able to down the second droidboss before it starts to spew out rockets on everyone, these missing talent and skills on a level 50 dps is going (in a majority of the cases) to cause a wipe, i have seen it many, many times.
The droid requires ~12.8k dps.
This is a parse of someone basically only spamming tracer missile doing 6.5k dps, so more than half of the required damage. And it was done after the arsenal nerf.
So you want to tell me a bolstered, well played level 50 can't do that?

Seriously, people have been complaining on the soft enrage timer on this boss since it came out. And back then, if memory serves, you had to have ~5k dps to beat it. Also back then, a Merc spamming RAPID SHOTS did almost 2k dps. It's not a gear or level issue, believe me. I have proven this time and again, most times even with videos on it, like this. And yes, this was 4.0, who cares? You can throw sh*t in Biowares direction all you want, but the scaling isn't that bad that this wouldn't still hold true.

Quote:
I can take a step back on my argument that mastermode flashpoints needs a item level requirement, but the fact remains that when i join a group for korriban, blood hunt, or any other enrageoriented-need to have good damage output-flashpoints, when a below level 70 dps is the group, there is not enough dps to complete it.
As outlined above, you actually only need average dps. Problem is, most people in group finder are bad. REALLY bad.

The problem is that the game doesn't give you any feedback on how good or bad you're doing. In order to see this in actual numbers, you need a third party programm.