Area Transition Issues

EricMusco

Seriously guys.

This is not the first time in the history of a MMO stuff like this happens, it has been happening since EQ came out in 1999 and Im telling you it will probably happen again.

Whining and screaming at the dev teams aint gonna make the work go any faster so please give em some slack and let them work on solving the problem. I understand your frustration but what good will it do to start yelling at the devs?

And about cancelling your sub? Dude i have heard/seen that threat so many times i find it funny cause those coming with that stuff usually doesnt mean it.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I cannot download the 2.8 update.
  • Take reccommended repair option.
  • Repeat.

I understand there are problems, I don't care about you guys taking my 50 cents for the day. Take your time and get your act together, but I must declare: This is extremely piss poor service for the amount of money paid to your company every month. It isn't like the boys upstairs don't have the cash to fund an adept staff to take care of one game and all its needs. If EA is really so adamant about not scoring the biggest jerk award yet again, somebody might want to advise them on taking service matters a bit more seriously.

LOL we have been telling you this game is dying. Other MMOs are severly hurting TOR and with a content drought with no end in sight it will not be getting better. There are only thousands, not hundreds of...

You mean those two other MMO's that are dying right out of the gate?

That's pretty much 1 day less of playing for non-us players. After they'll fix those bugs we will get "we are very sorry"

How many days have subs lost so far with all the downtimes etc? It really isn't an issue for me personally, i'd rather the servers were taken offline while they fix the problems, instead of (attempting) to load in to a complete shambles :p

Also, is it just the EU players?

Let the devs do their jobs, give constructive feedback. It isn't the end of the world so have some perspective.

The best managers are the ones that are NEVER seen. The more managers get involved, typically the more stress and harder things become.

What? lol? The best managers are the ones who do get involved, help, prioritize things and motivate people. If you get so stressed that your manager is watching you, you should find a new profession and grow thicker skin...that approach may have worked on your youth soccer team, but in the real world, results matter.

It's Bioware...they never rollback anything. All they'll do is "fix" it...probably by just removing all abilities to QT...

To be fair, doing a rollback after they just implemented a gambling system would be catastrophic... the people who got lucky and won a rancor on their 4th try would go berzerk...

To be fair, doing a rollback after they just implemented a gambling system would be catastrophic... the people who got lucky and won a rancor on their 4th try would go berzerk...

Better to upset the few people who got lucky than to prevent ~80% of your players from playing...wouldn't you agree?

Let's just pretend that a rollback is the only option; Do rollbacks affect cartel packs?

It would be idiotic to release new cartel items/packs at the same time as a big patch if it did, seeing how the risk of something going wrong is significally increased.

Edited by MidichIorian

In my opinion the best way to fix this is to set back the status of the game to 2.7.x, so the developers can use all the time they need to fix and re-release 2.8. A great manager would have thought of this within an hour after this patch was released, therefor stopped everything, brought the servers back to the previous status, explained everything publicly to their customers/players, and made sure the patch would go live again a week later then planned. They were able to postpone the housing with 4 months, so why not able to postpone patch 2.8 with 1 week? Is the pressure of meeting unrealistic deadlines so high? All for the sake of 'saving a few coins' by trying to meet the demand of higher management who, doesn't seem to have a clue of the impact each patch will have as they probably don't play themselves and therefor aren't able to 'see the problem behind the numbers on their papersheets'? Let me be clear: I'm a paying subscriber since the start of this game in 2011. What will be our compensation this time, beside a 'we are sorry for the inconvinience'? All subscribers get a free month?, preferred 2 weeks and f2p 1 week? That would be reasonable I guess ...