RELEASE: Free To Play will hit live Servers on NOVEMBER 15th

Davenmor

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, combat was terrible...other games during that time were already surpassing it in terms of what they could do to make combat fun. That's why they tried the NGE, and after that flopped, there was nothing else to do.

I thought the combat was pretty good! I enjoyed creating different builds. Before NGE I had an amazing BH build with just enough in investigation to get Jedi missions. I remember having enough in Doctor to use really good med packs, had some fencer and pistoleer for dodging. What other game allowed that kind of creativity? This is what I miss.

I know, I know-no end game. Hell, I didn't even know what end game was. SWG was my first MMO.

I thought the combat was pretty good! I enjoyed creating different builds. Before NGE I had an amazing BH build with just enough in investigation to get Jedi missions. I remember having enough in Doctor to use really good med packs, had some fencer and pistoleer for dodging. What other game allowed that kind of creativity? This is what I miss.

I know, I know-no end game. Hell, I didn't even know what end game was. SWG was my first MMO.

You should try DDO. There is so much on the character customization in that game. However, it isn't like SWG, because all of the quests are instance based, no real open world outside of the town areas.

I am hoping this game will evolve a little more, and bring in an overhaul on the skill tree system. But for the time being, it is a nice place to start and get people familiar with the game.

I was there, it was horrible in all regards. The nostalgia for it constantly stuns me.

Guys, this is a fair comment. It is a matter of taste, and in this persons opinion the game was garbage. I loved the game myself, but concede it had some of the most horrible features and bugs in the industry.

Much like this game, what it did right it did the best, what it did wrong was abysmal. I was a TKM/MD, prior to CU/NGE. I had 4 accounts and played probably 20 hours a week in a full size PA (Nightsoft - Rough Riders) and a city on Tatooine on the Bria server...(Nar Shadaa, right next to Crevasse Nebula).

The game had so much to do there were times when I logged in and never entered combat. I loved it despite its horrible flaws.

Edited by LordArtemis

Guys, this is a fair comment. It is a matter of taste, and in this persons opinion the game was garbage. I loved the game myself, but concede it had some of the most horrible features and bugs in the industry.

Much like this game, what it did right it did the best, what it did wrong was abysmal. I was a TKM/MD, prior to CU/NGE. I had 4 accounts and played probably 20 hours a week in a full size PA (Nightsoft - Rough Riders) and a city on Tatooine on the Bria server...(Nar Shadaa, right next to Crevasse Nebula).

The game had so much to do there were times when I logged in and never entered combat. I loved it despite its horrible flaws.

Thank you. And to be fair, it wasn't horrible in all regards, just in what I seek in a game. If the sand box and role playing are what you were there for, it had somethign to offer. I was interested in that aspect as well, but the dismal functionallity of combat was too much of a turn off.

Thank you. And to be fair, it wasn't horrible in all regards, just in what I seek in a game. If the sand box and role playing are what you were there for, it had somethign to offer. I was interested in that aspect as well, but the dismal functionallity of combat was too much of a turn off.

The combat for me was really jerky, I did love the fact it took a LONG time to fight someone in PVP, and the fact that you could have 40 players on the screen in a massive city raid and not lose FPS. But the only combat that was fluid seemed to be TK. The animations were great, and the skill had good overall power. TKM/MD was a fun combination, and a good match for a Jedi.

I liked the lack of gear focus, harvester and crafting minigames (what they were in my eyes), personal auctions and sale terminals, the interior decorating (some players got REALLY creative), player cities (I know some folks hated the sprawl, I liked it), ability to die at any moment on any planet (high level mobs roaming around here and there), the ability to truly customize your skill system (though most people gravitated toward standard builds), being able to change your characters appearance any time you wished, non combat professions, etc.

I really loved one of the most hated features of the game (arguably), the Fatigue and Combat Damage system, where your HAM would get reduced by dying, those blasted little black bars. You could reduce and eventually remove them by listening to music or watching players dance in canteenas (or tents) and eventually get a buff.

it turned out that the canteenas became great social centers to meet other players, trade items, get together for raids and themepark runs, etc. If you wanted to buy or sell, get a group, needed help...head to a canteena.

I would argue that the social aspect of that game was the finest in the industry.

The combat for me was really jerky, I did love the fact it took a LONG time to fight someone in PVP, and the fact that you could have 40 players on the screen in a massive city raid and not lose FPS. But the only combat that was fluid seemed to be TK. The animations were great, and the skill had good overall power. TKM/MD was a fun combination, and a good match for a Jedi.

I liked the lack of gear focus, harvester and crafting minigames (what they were in my eyes), personal auctions and sale terminals, the interior decorating (some players got REALLY creative), player cities (I know some folks hated the sprawl, I liked it), ability to die at any moment on any planet (high level mobs roaming around here and there), the ability to truly customize your skill system (though most people gravitated toward standard builds), being able to change your characters appearance any time you wished, non combat professions, etc.

I really loved one of the most hated features of the game (arguably), the Fatigue and Combat Damage system, where your HAM would get reduced by dying, those blasted little black bars. You could reduce and eventually remove them by listening to music or watching players dance in canteenas (or tents) and eventually get a buff.

it turned out that the canteenas became great social centers to meet other players, trade items, get together for raids and themepark runs, etc. If you wanted to buy or sell, get a group, needed help...head to a canteena.

I would argue that the social aspect of that game was the finest in the industry.

That was a pretty good build but you didn't need MD to get the benefits of great healing packs. My build had Doc, TKM, Investigation line in BH, and some fencer and pistoleer for dodging. I remember working on it and testing it for weeks. Made BH missions fun!

That was a pretty good build but you didn't need MD to get the benefits of great healing packs. My build had Doc, TKM, Investigation line in BH, and some fencer and pistoleer for dodging. I remember working on it and testing it for weeks. Made BH missions fun!

Absolutely true...but I did make some of the best buff packs on the server and got to use them myself for free ;)...not to mention it was a great income source.

I would fly out to Dath, set up a buff line, make some credits, then run a few rancor missions. It was real fun taking on three rancors at once :)

Memories BH was fun, Mindshot was the tracermssile spam back in the day

I got a question for devs, it says i have 8 days left on my subscription, so IF 1.5 does launch on nov 15, would i receive all my cartel coins (it says you need an active sub when f2p launches to receive the coins)?

does my sub end november 15 at 11:59pm or on november 14 at 11:59pm?

I would keep your sub another month , you will get the 250 bonus coins and maybe 500 more too :). Really odd that swtor forums find out last about this release date , hm , I don't use twatter or assbook so not sure why they keep announcing stuff there first.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

LOL why Thursday? Yes I know it's also "NGE Day", but it's also "America Recycles Day" and this is equally irrelevant. Looking forward to lengthy downtime over the weekend for some game breaking bug they missed or ignored from tester feedback.

I mentioned it earlier. Nov. 15 is the final day of subscription for those that have been subscribed since the Dec. 20 launch. Waiting any longer would cause another month to be taken from them. That's not a big deal for people who will remain subscribed (like me), but it would be for those who plan to stay subscribed long enough to get their cartel coins before dropping down to Preferred.