Will this game work on the Mac?

Haymakers

anytime you introduce that extra step of running through bootcamp or wine or whatever, there's a chance to have problems, and outside of working mad google-fu and following instructions on various forums, your options for tech support are very limited, because you're essentially off the map for both apple, and bioware.

I was really considering purchasing a Mac Pro (one that is i5 with the Intel HD Graphics, $1000). Will this game be able to run pretty good through windows on the Mac?

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of getting the same comp I currently have, in which case the game will definitely run in bootcamp. It will take a while to load, and the graphics won't be great, but it will run pretty well. If possible, I'd recommend getting a comp with a better graphics card.

I run Win 7 on Bootcamp and everything's worked fine. Just make sure you have a lot of space on your Windows partition. I split my Imac about 400Gb - Windows and 500 - Mac (Rough estimates, didn't check).

I don't clutter up my Windows side with stuff like iTunes, Torrentz, etc stuff like that so things don't get clogged down, as it is only for games. Everything else I need to do I just switch to my Mac side.

The game runs very well, you can turn all of the graphics settings to High as long as Shader is low.

One thing I will suggest, though, is to invest in a good gaming keyboard and mouse if you're going to be doing gaming on your Mac. I use a SteelSeries Sensei Pro Grade Laser Mouse and a Filco Majestouch Keyboard and I really see no reason for me to invest in a separate gaming computer with this setup, I love it.

I'm running on a Mac:

2GHz duo core

4GB ram

512 MB ram video (non integrated, Nvida something)

Running on boot camp

Also tested running in parallels 7 on a new 13" MacBook pro 2.4GHz, 8MB ram and integrated video. It ran, but a little choppy. I have heard it running well in parrallels well on a iMac with quad core CPU, and 8MB of ram and 512 Nvida graphics in the Mac rumors forum. Also heard there has been some work on a wine skin from beta testing.

You should have no problem playing the game in boot camp on almost any new Mac (MacBook air might have some problems).