Character Transfers Now Available for Asia Pacific Territories

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a friendly warning - I'd be a bit careful about posting character names here - wouldn't take much for someone looking through to see a name they like and go "ooooh I like that one...I'll go make a toon NOW with that name on that server". Although I'm sure with the fine, upstanding community we have here, no one would do such a horrible thing...

would they?

The minute I heard someone use the term 'name-griefer" that thought occurred to me as well.

Well to be honest its not good news i joined an american server because all my friends were on that server and now my main toon will have to wait to be xferd possibly because i did not purchase the game prior to the 28 of feb thats not really fair considering all the ppl i play with will get on an oceanic server well b4 i do i dont mind paying but the server im on now i dead and once my friends xfer there will be no reason for me to be on that server there goes a month of leveling.

So heres the story.

I am Australian. I was part of Beta testing. I pre ordered the CE game in June. I have played since launch and I am an active subscriber.

For some reason I never recieved the email telling me that I qualify for a transfer. I looked into my account and found that I had USA as my country not Australia. So I figured I'd fix it and continue playing and soon recieve the email.

Nothing on my account is allowing me to change and after contacting Bioware through emails, phone and in game tickets I finally got a response.

Below is the response.

"Greetings Grant,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Asia-Pacific server transfer.

To qualify for free character transfers, players must meet the following requirements by Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 5:01PM EDT, 7:01PM NZDT, 2:01PM HKT, 2:01PM SGT:

- You specified that your country is Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, or Singapore during your account registration process.

- Redeemed an Official Game Production Registration Code on http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com Code Redemption Center.

- Have had or currently have entered a valid recurring payment method or redeemed a Pre-Paid Game Time Code.

- Only characters created on The Old Republic servers by February 28, 2012, 5:01PM EDT, 7:01PM NZDT, 2:01PM HKT, 2:01PM SGT qualify for transfers.

EDIT: As you see above, I meet all the requirements.

Characters created by qualified players on a non-Asia Pacific server after the February 28th deadline will not qualify for transfers to Asia Pacific servers.

To see if you qualify for free Asia-Pacific character transfers, login to your SWTOR account, click “My Account” in the upper right hand corner of the window, and click “Asia Pacific Transfers” in the right hand menu. If this option does not appear in your menu, this means you do not qualify for Asia-Pacific character transfers.

This option doesnt appear. But I do meet the requirements

I understand you initially used a US address when you signed up for an account. If you were not able to change your personal details, such as the address, by February 28, 2012, I'm afraid you may have missed the chance for a free transfer. I apologize but we still don't have word regarding paid transfer as of now. Please check out the announcements or the forum for further details. Thank you so much for your patience.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything further we can help you with.

So they are telling me its just bad luck? I have spent 150 dollars on the game, 15 dollars a month since launch, signed my brother up to an account, not complained about little bugs in game, been loyal and this is all I get? I get told bad luck?

Galactic Support is our specialty...

Sincerely,

Ayan

Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service

We would love to hear your feedback by contacting CSFeedback@SWTOR.com"

I initally thought everyone was over reacting when it came to issues with Bioware. Now I understand.

They are telling me that i Need to meet the requirements, but I meet them and now they are just telling me its bad luck?

Can someone from Bioware fix this for me? Not just some support person feilding emails away?

I am very disgruntled after feeling loyal and spending hard earned time and money on this game.

Grant.

There are quite a few cases here where I tend to think well that sucks, but them's the rules.

But I think any reasonable person would look at your situation and agree that's just bureaucracy for bureaucracy sake. It's not a technological restriction because we know they are doing some transfers manually.

Come on Bioware, give this guy a break will you?

There are quite a few cases here where I tend to think well that sucks, but them's the rules.

But I think any reasonable person would look at your situation and agree that's just bureaucracy for bureaucracy sake. It's not a technological restriction because we know they are doing some transfers manually.

Come on Bioware, give this guy a break will you?

Go back just one page. He posted an update. They are.

Sorry about a second post right after my last one, but I cannot access the transfer page for some reason. Maybe the issue was addressed in an earlier post, but it's a really really long thread. I'm getting a 500 error. Is this a problem on my end or is the page down right now?

The page loads for me, but it's not showing all my characters. One of the servers (the main US one I play on) has four characters, 2 empire and 2 republic. Instead the transfer page is showing 3 empire, one of which I've deleted, and 0 republic. One of the ones I want to transfer is republic, and there are only 4 days left for them to fix this!

Bioware, fire your UX designer for your website.

Why the hell is the green strip letting you know that your transfer request has been saved all the way up the top of the screen, while the character names and transfer request button is one and a half page scrolls below?

There is also no further feedback to the customer that a server transfer request has been made/saved via either account private message or email. What's up with that?

There is also no further feedback to the customer that a server transfer request has been made/saved via either account private message or email. What's up with that?

log out and back and check the transfer page, it will show which toons are flagged for transfer

I understand you initially used a US address when you signed up for an account. If you were not able to change your personal details, such as the address, by February 28, 2012, I'm afraid you may have missed the chance for a free transfer. I apologize but we still don't have word regarding paid transfer as of now. Please check out the announcements or the forum for further details. Thank you so much for your patience.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything further we can help you with.

So the customer support form that we were pointed towards....is that broken too? I submitted a complaint almost 48 hours and not even an automated response. All they need to do is cut and paste from Grant's response above.

I would just like to know why there are two separate fields stating what country you are in - one in "Basic Information" (mine said "Australia") and one in "Contact Information" (mine said USA, with my aust address)? How can the system be set up to let that happen? Obviously the contact information is the only one that counts for their exercise.

Here's hoping sanity prevails, and they are spending time confirming that I am dinky di too.

Edited by Haemo
updated info

Did you get to pick the server you want to transfer to?

Can a whole guild transfer at once to the same server?

In order to be eligible for a transfer the player must:

- Have created a character on/ before Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 5:01PM EDT, 7:01PM NZDT, 2:01PM HKT, 2:01PM SGT

- Have level 10 character

- Player should be playing from Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore or player has country registered as there address on the website

All players who have been deemed eligible for the Asia Pacific (APAC) Character Transfer program will be notified of their eligibility via email. They will also be notified in advance of what they need to do to make sure their characters are successfully transferred.

To ensure successful character transfer, and to outline which characters can be transferred and how guild membership, legacy and other aspects will be affected, players are asked to be aware of the following:

•Only characters created on or before Feb 28th 2012 will be eligible for transfer

•The character will no longer be a part of its guild - Guilds and guild membership will not be transferred to your new server. You will need to create or join a new guild on your new server.

•Your Friends and Ignore list will be reset – Friend These lists are server specific, so you will need to repopulate your list with players from your new server.

•Before you transfer your character, it is important to ensure the following: •The character has no items listed on the Galactic Trade Network (auction house) – active Galactic Trade Network listings will not be transferred to your new server.

•The character has no items or credits in their mailbox – In-game mail will not be transferred to your new server. Make sure you have removed everything in your mailbox before initiating the transfer. Otherwise, the contents will be lost.

•If your character name is already taken on the destination server, your character will be transferred, but you will be prompted to choose a new name for the character when you log into the server.

•Legacy names will not be transferred with characters (please see below for more information on Legacy and character transfers).

these are the condition's a server transfer is possible you cannot choose anything since Bioware is not even able to do this transfer properly as recent comment shows

so much for there "Superior Support"

Really disappointing Bioware as allways

The only reason they seem to have picked transfers rather than mergers is to deal with the few cases where there are the same names on the servers being merged. I would deal with this by having all of them pick a new name. Or, as in Tera, allow a surname with a period between the two names. IE Drunkenpig.Oink

That coding is probably too difficult for the BW crew I guess.

Nice fix, BW.

The only reason they seem to have picked transfers rather than mergers is to deal with the few cases where there are the same names on the servers being merged. I would deal with this by having all of them pick a new name. Or, as in Tera, allow a surname with a period between the two names. IE Drunkenpig.Oink

That coding is probably too difficult for the BW crew I guess.

Nice fix, BW.

no i think they picked asia because its new compared to America and EU servers since when could we choose anything in TOR the game director decided s what we are allowed to do

So this server transfer is not what I expected but i said it a few months back Bioware see us the costumer as in mature we are allowed to pay but anything else they decide

So the free character transfer only available to players in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore?

I thought the tagline: "Character Transfers Now Available for Asia Pacific Territories" means that ALL players from ASIA PACIFIC were eligible for a free character transfer?

Quoted from Wikipedia:

"The Asia-Pacific region generally includes:

ASEAN+ / EAS

* Brunei

* Cambodia

* Indonesia

* Laos

* Malaysia

* Myanmar

* Philippines

* Singapore

* Thailand

* Vietnam

* China

* East Timor

* Hong Kong

* Japan

* Macau

* Mongolia

* South Korea

* Taiwan

SAARC

* Afghanistan

* Bangladesh

* Bhutan

* India

* Maldives

* Pakistan

* Sri Lanka

* Nepal

PIF

* Australia

* Cook Islands

* Federated States of Micronesia

* Niue

* Kiribati

* Nauru

* New Zealand

* Samoa

* Palau

* Papua New Guinea

* Marshall Islands

* Vanuatu

* Solomon Islands

* Tonga

* Tuvalu

Others

* American Samoa

* Fiji

* French Polynesia

* Guam

* New Caledonia

* Northern Mariana Islands

* North Korea

* Tokelau

* Wallis and Futuna"

Do EA/BW follow this standard or do they have their own definition of ASIA PACIFIC?

I've sent a ticket regarding this to the CS, but haven't got any reply yet... If they are not going to let other AsPac players have their free character transfer-- I'm done with swtor -_-

They sure picked the best time to screw around, IMO... I was torn between keeping my subscription or give swtor a rest and try for other games that coming up in May and June, but if this chance turns out to be disappointing-- I'll give this game a goodbye :mad:

Okay-- got a reply...

Greetings [My name],

I am Protocol Droid W4-U1, Human-Cyborg Relations.

I have received your transmission regarding Oceanic transfer.

If you are not from the four countries who are eligible for the transfer, to be specific in Asia Pacific Territories, the reason why the those countries was offered for free transfer is because the game was officially launch to those countries.

For future server transfer, at this time server transfer is not a service that we offer. While this may change in the future, currently we are unable to offer assistance with character transfer requests.

While we understand the frustration this may cause, we would like to assure you that we are doing our utmost to ensure that our players have the best possible game play experience, regardless of which server they play on. As such server population balance and composition is something which we are constantly monitoring.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you require further assistance with this or any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Galactic Support is our speciality…

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid W4-U1 (aka Lester)

Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service

Argh I'm from an AsPac country, for Force's sake! :wea_03:

I'm sending another ticket now ~_~

Hey everyone, we've had some teething problems with this page earlier today but we're now seeing transfers being accepted within the system.

For those of you having issues, we apologize and we're working to get you fixed as soon as possible. We'd like to get some information from those of you with issues to help diagnose and fix things, but before that, please ensure you've cleared your browser cache, removed cookies, and tried logging into the site and checking the page on a different browser. If after those steps you're still experiencing problems, then please post in this thread with the following information:

- The originating server which you want to transfer a character from

- The name of a character on that server

- Your specific issues with the form - buttons not available, dropdowns not working, etc

Please note - we're only asking for this information to help us diagnose the issue. You will still be able to transfer other characters from other servers via this form when we resolve the issues we're seeing.

- The Swiftsure

- Wormi

- No account transfer button available

Everyone - I'd like to ask you, before posting in this thread, to please read my previous replies, especially this one.

To re-iterate: this is not the final character transfer process. We understand people's desires for other features regarding character transfer and we're working to bring as many of them to you as possible. However, complaining about the current process is ultimately futile - it is not changing.

For those of you who reside in the Asia-Pacific area outside of the initially stated four countries, after the initial character transfer process is complete we'll talk more about what can be done for you. We are not ignoring your feedback, but we must ask for your patience while we finish up the first stage of our long-term plans for character transfers.