Dueling allowed on fleet ? Can we have it EA :)

JAMES_PRYDE

sounds like a good idea....

perhaps EA could make like a arena type idea / concept around it, like betting, formal challenging and rounds, and versing lol, with a new reputation system for dueling / brawls :p

Edited by JAMES_PRYDE

Dear EA,

Can we have a designated "Dueling level or arena" or something on fleet, to help pass the time while waiting in-between pvp/ops ? or just make it so we can duel anywhere perhaps

This is a bad idea the fleet is already lagged and by adding this crap will have little kids running around misusing the dueling feature they will challenge you while at gtn or in crafting areas or while viewing cargo storage no i'm sorry this is not something i would ever want to see on fleet.

just bad idea overall! who knows ea might do it they are known for bad ideas when it comes to swtor

Edited by JediJonesJr

still think it's a bad idea and will only add the the lag issues no matter where on fleet you might be but i guess most of you can't even see it, imagine primetime swtor and 240+ players on fleet, enjoy the real pain then when the lag causes you to lose a duel will see complaints about that...

I can see the forums now.

Example of a future thread if they allowed duels on fleet...

I was dueling a buddy and the lag spikes were so bad you need to fix this you suck!
Edited by JediJonesJr

I believe Bioware themselves have said that they don't allow dueling on the fleet because it would cause too much lag. Think about it. It lags enough as it is. Why would they make it worse? And the lag may be so bad that you wouldn't be able to even duel properly. It would be lag, lag, lag, and death.

They said they reduced the amount of people per instance in the latest patch notes if I remember, though I haven't noticed any difference. One thing is for sure, they definitely need to add something for people to pass time.

They said they reduced the amount of people per instance in the latest patch notes if I remember, though I haven't noticed any difference. One thing is for sure, they definitely need to add something for people to pass time.

No they don't.

In fact, they don't even have to program anything at all.

They can actually leave the game as it is, until they decide to shut the servers down.

I love seeing people say Bioware needs to do something.

In all actuality, they really don't need to do anything.

They can always just unplug the servers, and end the game.

The only thing Bioware needs to do, is what they believe is best for the game, to keep it going.

Everything else is what they are willing to do, to make the game more enjoyable to their player base.

As for the idea of dueling on the fleet...

No. Just no.

A slight addendum: unless it is somewhere that players have to specifically go to, and it's it is it's own specific instanced area of the fleet, it will be a huge problem for those of us who don't want to deal with the duel-crazy people who will go around challenging everyone. Also, instancing it, in it's own right, will keep the rest of the fleet from having to deal with the lag caused by people dueling all over.

Someone above mentioned an arena/ring. With a separate betting area. That might be interesting.

But, again, it should be it's own instance area, separate from the rest of the fleet.

But fleet wide? No.

I don't like this at all.

Simply because I'm SURE that some fool would one day be able to find out exploit some bug to get EVERYONE EVERYWHERE in the fleet suddenfly flagged (like healing an PvP-flagged character already does, or AOE does in a similar wayit, too), and then try to do a mass massacre - like I read about from WOW, for example.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer