Storymode Vorgath encounter,1-shot by Imperial Demolitions Probe

Is this working as intended?

For the past 2 weeks, my guild has been unable to clear this operation. We've had it on farm for some time, but something has changed within the past month. (We didn't run it for a few weeks prior to 2 weeks ago.) I suspect it has to do with code leaking over from the changes in nightmare mode.

Ops members get randomly 1-shot for 25,890 damage by the Imperial Demolitions Probe using the Explosive probe attack. We are careful to stay within the safe green boxes, away from the edge.

Please fix this, Bioware; it's broken.

My first thought was that perhaps the NiM bug/feature with overload made its way into storymode. What happens in NiM is that the probe will do it's HM Overload attack, but will not have a castbar. If raid members get knocked into a red square, they die.

Either way, it might be interesting to know/test what the damage looks like when a player simply steps on a red square (or yellow square without the kit).

I know there is also a separate mechanic where the probe will randomly shoot raid members. Unfortunately, I don't know what that is called or what it does since healers always just healed through it.

• 4 years later...
Is this working as intended?

For the past 2 weeks, my guild has been unable to clear this operation. We've had it on farm for some time, but something has changed within the past month. (We didn't run it for a few weeks prior to 2 weeks ago.) I suspect it has to do with code leaking over from the changes in nightmare mode.

Ops members get randomly 1-shot for 25,890 damage by the Imperial Demolitions Probe using the Explosive probe attack. We are careful to stay within the safe green boxes, away from the edge.

Please fix this, Bioware; it's broken.

We ran this yesterday for the Story Group finder:

5 out of 8 of us were 70 in full set bonus either 224/230/242 with a mixture of leveling character since hey it's story mode. I was upstairs but my guildies down below were one shot as well, and we noticed the droids enrage extremely early, maybe a minute- minute and a half in. There was one instance the droid spawned and we had it at 40% and it enraged ( no our dps does not suck) and they were one shot with 197k damage.

This is perplexing and needs to be resolved.

I also notice Gen chat always spamming "LFM at Vorgath" so i assume this makes people quit the ops and it never gets finished