Need -> Companion -> Greed / Disassemble > Pass

So much fail here I don't even know where to begin. Just as an example, the BH's companions all use the exact same AIM/EDU stats (with Mako being the exception) So right there, anything with STR or WILL is not going to be getting rolled on by a BH...

On topic, I agree with this suggestion. My +1!

I'm consular and my companions use Aim/Will/Cunning. The only one left out is STR. But again I might do with a companion button. It will only be neccessary until 50 tho.

If you can get even a slight use out of a piece of gear, it is more valuable than straight up vendoring it. BoE is slightly different as you can sell it or trade to other players. BoP doesn't need a 'companion roll', but it wouldn't hurt. If you are actually starved for credits in this game, you are doing something wrong.

If you really wanted to make rolls mean something it should go in this order:

BoP

-----

Need (Only if your class can use it)

Companion (Only if one of your companions can use it)

Greed/RE

BoE

-----

Need (binds when picked up, only if your class can use it)

Greed/RE

If you can't see the logic in that, I don't know what I could say to convince you. I think they need to focus on the more pressing issues of, you know, ALL THE BUGS in the game, but this could be a down the line addition that would be beneficial.

On a side note, I wonder how some of you feel about my Nadia being decked in full T2 gear, Qyzen in mostly T2 Jedi knight gear (lol... have no JK in the group we roll with for HMs) and my Zenith having some T2 and alot of random epics... actually all my companions are probably more geared than 95% of the players.

Edit: And yes, I actually do use my companion for everything but Raids and PvP battlegrounds. Hell, i've even used Nadia in some HMs where moving isn't as much of a problem... and if it is I just micro her or pull her.

Edited by Somentine

All I can say is where I'm coming from. I'm not suggesting or branding anyone any names such as thief or whatever. I see gearing up companions as an inherently optional practice (maybe greedy might have some "bad" connotation to some people, but I'm meaning it as an option that you happen to have a taste for). It's not needed, even for leveling.

I got my Bounty Hunter to 50 just fine without much of a fuss with any of my companions "needing" to be upgraded.

I'm having no issues with my sorcerer at the moment either (it's still pre-20s though).

I'm alright with the "play it by ear" situation-based greeding/needing of it. I just find adding another roll button overkill. This is almost a non-issue if you look at it with a impassive view of...it's loot. It's going to drop again. You loot to play the game (getting better gear helps you get further in content, as far as end-game goes), you don't play the game to loot.

Gear as you're leveling there's so many ways to get gear (from quests, commendations, world drops, flashpoints, vendors, GTN) that leveling is more important then getting better gear. As soon as you get the gear you want at lvl 20, it'll be obsolete by the time you're 25.

I've actually had someone needing a tanking weapon for their companion before, at first I was wondering why they did it with annoyance (because I didn't even think about it as something to do), once I found out I laughed it off. Also, after my initial reaction, I looked and noticed I had a modifiable weapon anyway. All I need to do was get a new barrel with my commendations. (I actually have a blog entry about it: http://finiteuniverse.com/2011/12/the-old-republican-entry/)

Lost a need roll on a level 25 cunning helm as my operative against a level 34 assassin who wanted it for his companion.

At least if this @#$# option existed, dum-dums that like might at least see the "Companion" option and actually pause to think about what they're pressing

Don't forget this goes hand-in-hand with NO TRADING OF LOOT. No grace period allowing you to trade a bop item to someone who was present for the kill that provided it. So no going "Hey, I could actually use that" and politely asking for it, or doing anything but just raging at someone who made a mistake/stupid error.

Edited by Salmissra

So we have to list out at the start of the instance every slot that every person present still needs with stat X and whether we could use that on companion Y? No thanks, how is that easy? A roll choice is easy.

lol I think you guys are getting way ahead of yourselves. Once you hit 50 and run a few times, this won't be an issue at all. Especially if take 20 seconds to actually talk to your group. Communicating in group is highly recommended. Especially for what seems to be the type of people here who only want to roll on gear.