2014 Community Cantina Tour Locations

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hop a flight to Frankfurt. Then drive 2 hours, or take a train, to cologne.

Hell I live in Germany and it will be a longer trip for me. I have to drive 6 hours to get there

Or fly to Düsseldorf and take a train for about 30 minutes. ;)

I love to see the Cantina Tour back in Cologne! It was a lot of fun last year, so I'll be there once again. :)

Hi everyone!

Along with describing Pez in great detail, we promised on our stream last week to give you a list of the locations we have planned for the Community Cantina Tour this year. Below is the list of locations as well as the estimated date time frame for the events. As always, when we are closer to the event we will post a blog with further details for that Cantina Tour - until then these are subject to change!

• Boston, MA (PAX East) - April 11-13th

We look forward to seeing some of you at these events!

While I am very excited about the fact a cantina tour is coming to Boston itself; and proud that SWTOR,BW and EA will have a presence there- I also must admit my dismay. I have been a subscriber since day 1 launch and always said that when the chance came to attend one of these within an hour drive I would; but the location of this cantina is very limiting for people to attend. Basically PAX East was sold out 154 days before the first day of the event; so for someone interested in a cantina in there local New England city there is not much of a chance to attend.

Though that brings me to ask; is this particular cantina tour attached to the PAX East event weekend but not within its (ticketing) walls itself? I would be happy to know, I thank you for any additional information

Though that brings me to ask; is this particular cantina tour attached to the PAX East event weekend but not within its (ticketing) walls itself? I would be happy to know, I thank you for any additional information

The last convention they were actually present with a booth was at Gamescom 2012, since then, they have only been at bars and hotel conference rooms. I asked them about this at another cantina event and they said that if they don't have an upcoming patch they want to show off, it is just not worth the money to buy a booth.

So they just do the events in the city of the convention since a lot of players will already be in town for those, but the cantina tour is completely outside of the convention.

Even for Gamescom 2012, the cantina tour was outside of the convention facility; they put everyone in a bus and drove us to a bar where the cantina tour was held.

Therefore, you don't need a ticket for the convention to attend the cantina tour. :)

Edited by Jerba

• Dev Post
While I am very excited about the fact a cantina tour is coming to Boston itself; and proud that SWTOR,BW and EA will have a presence there- I also must admit my dismay. I have been a subscriber since day 1 launch and always said that when the chance came to attend one of these within an hour drive I would; but the location of this cantina is very limiting for people to attend. Basically PAX East was sold out 154 days before the first day of the event; so for someone interested in a cantina in there local New England city there is not much of a chance to attend.

Hey Meteu!

That is a great question and definitely worth noting. All of our events that are listed currently take place off of the show floor. If you wish to attend, you absolutely do not need a convention ticket! If you are in the area, I look forward to seeing you there, with or without a PAX pass :rak_03:

-eric

Hi everyone!

Along with describing Pez in great detail, we promised on our stream last week to give you a list of the locations we have planned for the Community Cantina Tour this year. Below is the list of locations as well as the estimated date time frame for the events. As always, when we are closer to the event we will post a blog with further details for that Cantina Tour - until then these are subject to change!

• Atlanta, GA - February 28th

• Boulder, CO - March 21-23rd

• Vancouver, Canada - May 23-25th

• Los Angeles, CA (E3) - June 10-12th

• San Diego, CA (SDCC) - July 24-27th

• Cologne, Germany (Gamescom) - August 13-17th

• Seattle, WA (PAX Prime) - August 30th - September 2nd

• New York, NY (NYCC) - October 9-12th

• Las Vegas, NV - November 7-9th

• Austin, TX - November 21-23rd

Apparently DFW is garbage....

Hey Meteu!

That is a great question and definitely worth noting. All of our events that are listed currently take place off of the show floor. If you wish to attend, you absolutely do not need a convention ticket! If you are in the area, I look forward to seeing you there, with or without a PAX pass :rak_03:

-eric

I'm interested in this as well, and don't really know where to find out info. I'm wondering if we just show up to the convention center and wander around looking for something that says "SWTOR"?

No disrespect to DFW, but why bother when Austin is so close and is "home base?" The only possible reason to do this in DFW is for people flying in. And there can't be THAT many people who make a special trip for the cantina tour, can there?

was just thinking the same thing B^(

No disrespect to DFW, but why bother when Austin is so close and is "home base?" The only possible reason to do this in DFW is for people flying in. And there can't be THAT many people who make a special trip for the cantina tour, can there?

then why is there one in Los Angeles, CA and San Diego, CA they are both just as close to one another as DFW is to austin!! not to mention DFW is a LOT bigger than austin and a lot less hippies B^P

it takes 4 hours to drive from DFW to Austin where as it takes maybe an hour and a half to two hours to drive from LA to San Diego. splain dat lucy!!

• 3 weeks later...

Why haven't they held a cantina tour event in Portland, OR:rak_02:

They held one in Seatle August 2013. Why repeat the same location the very next year? It can't be population, the two cities are roughly equivalent in size.

Please change the Aug-Sept date to a Portland, OR location. Give the Rose City a chance to show it's love for this game.

I imagine someone has already mentioned that your coverage of the west coast is poor, you have two events on the far south coast right near each other and then nothing all the way to Seattle.

Dump San Diego or LA and add San Francisco or Portland.

Use a map, it will make sense. :p

Why haven't they held a cantina tour event in Portland, OR:rak_02:

They held one in Seatle August 2013. Why repeat the same location the very next year? It can't be population, the two cities are roughly equivalent in size.

Please change the Aug-Sept date to a Portland, OR location. Give the Rose City a chance to show it's love for this game.

PAX Prime, that's why.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Meteu!

-eric

Can we get a bit more explanation on this? Will we be picked up or is the cantina show, on the show floor? And we won't be needing ticket to attend ?

Can we get a bit more explanation on this? Will we be picked up or is the cantina show, on the show floor? And we won't be needing ticket to attend ?

almost everything you asked was answered in that quote you quoted B^P it is not on the show floor and no you dont need a ticket to attend the cantina, and why would they pick you up??

still think they should have one in DFW and ill even jump on the bandwagon for Portland

• 4 weeks later...

Why is it Tampa Florida is always left out of these visits?

Hi everyone!

• Atlanta, GA - February 28th

• Boulder, CO - March 21-23rd

• Vancouver, Canada - May 23-25th

• Los Angeles, CA (E3) - June 10-12th

• San Diego, CA (SDCC) - July 24-27th

• Cologne, Germany (Gamescom) - August 13-17th

• Seattle, WA (PAX Prime) - August 30th - September 2nd

• New York, NY (NYCC) - October 9-12th

• Las Vegas, NV - November 7-9th

• Austin, TX - November 21-23rd