DPS Powertech PvP Any Good?

Shadysketchy

I tried the adv prototype build and also the pyro tree and it doesnt come close to the shield tech tree. You still have good burst damage and unmatched survivability.

Currently I am experimenting with some DPS set ups from adv proto + pyro trees while being almost 30 points into shield tech. (Lvl 48 atm).

Edited by pinkwun

my powertech is still lower level but when I was playing with the pyro build it wasnt that great imo. I switched to the shield tree and do just as much damage due to using the ion cylinder which seems to keep heat down more so I can spam abilities combined with protecting others and absorbing damage.

According to BioWare, they intend to have only a 5% difference in damage between the Advanced Classes.

If that is true, then Powertech is all around better that Merc (Unless you plan to heal).

- PT can offer decent range damage

- Has 'gap closers'

- Good melee damage

- Mobility

- Better Survivability

Plus is you go Shield Spec, like the poster above me mentioned, you can still do pretty good burst damage, and it will take forever to bring you down

Powertech in my opinion is a win/win.

Each AC is pretty nice in PvP.

Prototype is the Healerhunter. +15% runspead interupts at 6 sec + stuns giving them a hard time. You wont have over the top numbers in damage but a bunch of kills since you are some kind of a pitbull. Quite tough to play.

Firebug (There is no Pyrothec *waving with fingers*) is pretty strong vs melees due to the 50% (more the less perma-)slow. Also he can confuse the opponents by dotting any one (at least one panics on one dot (Im focused - I´m focused). The only PT-AC that can be called ranged. Moderate difficulty (mainly heatmanagement)

Shieldtech Fleeing anywhere? Guess not. - A nobrainer if DD´ing. Tanking is a bit harder but much more usefull.

FOR ALL AC´s

Taunt. Whenever you see an enemy and a teammate taunt the enemy and your teammate will win in most cases. + You earn some medals. Getting 2 in DDspec ist a piece of cake. 3 can be done.