I feel useless in WZ

PorckyPiggy

I'm currently level 23 and I feel completely useless in WZ's unless I heal, which I don't want to do. I like playing a stealth class but as concealment I can't do anything. About the only thing I can do is defend a point, and that's only If im going against 1-2 players. If there are 3 of them, even if i have people with me, im useless. Anyone else feel this way?

Not at higher lvls but man I know the feeling, at lvl 10-36 it sucks bad. Once you get acid blade tho, its all better, you can 1v1 anything. At lvl 55 I can take anything 1v1 if I crit and play smart but its not easy like sins, I gotta use every cd when sins would only use half of theirs.

Cant say I've DPSed as an Op before but there seems to be one overarching rule when it comes to Operatives... the 'early levels suck' rule is pretty extended for Operatives than it is for other classes. It takes a while to get the abilities necessary for your rotation, but once you do get them things tend to go a lot smoother. Hang in there and keep grinding, things will pick up once you move further in the tree, that's a promise.

You may want to google some guides, and the most efficient spec for what you want to do.

I play a PvP DPS Operative who is level 25. I consistently rank in the top 3 with over 300-400k damage. Why? I googled guides on how to play the class :D

You may want to google some guides, and the most efficient spec for what you want to do.

I play a PvP DPS Operative who is level 25. I consistently rank in the top 3 with over 300-400k damage. Why? I googled guides on how to play the class :D

I just love how low levels jump into conclusions and think that it's gonna be the same at 55 :))

word of warning for you mate... at 55, you ARE useless unless you heal.. until I reached 55 I could kiil almost anyone in 1-2 hits.. after that you'll be happy to down them to 30% after blowing all you cooldowns before they kill you.. and no , it's not a gear difference , I've been full conqueror for some time

Edited by Tattum

I just love how low levels jump into conclusions and think that it's gonna be the same at 55 :))

word of warning for you mate... at 55, you ARE useless unless you heal.. until I reached 55 I could kiil almost anyone in 1-2 hits.. after that you'll be happy to down them to 30% after blowing all you cooldowns before they kill you.. and no , it's not a gear difference , I've been full conqueror for some time

I don't see where he commented or assumed anything about level 55 ops play. He merely gave suggestions on operative play for low levels. Just because level 55 is not enjoyable for you and others, doesn't mean that those of us who are leveling can't find enjoyment in the class. Not everyone plays these games for endgame play, some of us actually enjoy the leveling of a class.

Sorry Princess but the only one who jumped to conclusions was you. A level 23 asked for advice and a level 25 gave some which is far, far more than you were able to do:rolleyes:

I'm currently level 23 and I feel completely useless in WZ's unless I heal, which I don't want to do. I like playing a stealth class but as concealment I can't do anything. About the only thing I can do is defend a point, and that's only If im going against 1-2 players. If there are 3 of them, even if i have people with me, im useless. Anyone else feel this way?

Concealment is a bad choice for PvP at lower levels. I'd stick with Lethality, Çorrosive Grenade does alot of damage and it's aoe so you can hit multiple targets.

Don't pick Concealment untill you reach around lvl 44-45 for Acid Blade

The very nature of concealment dictates that you put your self in a 1v1 situation as best as possible, hard to do in any WZ unless you defend or attack a node. If you stealth in the middle of a gang bang, there is a very high probability of someone detecting you or a random AOE popping you out of stealth.

My best advice is to choose your targets wisely, only attack when the odds are in your favor. Concealment is unforgiving if you break the unholy trinity rotation of Shiv TA Laceration, oh and throw in energy too.

Learn how to sap n cap, not hard but very dangerous. Nothing is more annoying to the opposing team when they have to keep two ppl at a node because you are tenacious at sapping and capping. The move is so devastating that you will often see the opposite team give up and rage quit, all because of you.

DPS wins the match for sure, but a nice sap n cap will end the match sooner because a majority of the opposing teams just rage quits.

Edited by Arstechnica

Concealment is a bad choice for PvP at lower levels. I'd stick with Lethality, Çorrosive Grenade does alot of damage and it's aoe so you can hit multiple targets.

I'm levelling a Pyro Merc at the moment. I just love Operatives who think they can kill me with Lethality before they even have Cull. Cleanse, cleanse, cleanse...

Yes, and it doesn't get any better. Ever. Take your time leveling up and hopefully by the time you hit level 55 they'll have done something to make us useful.

low and high level ops are decent in pugs...period. I melt faces on my lvl 25 and my 55. I don't do ranked because pyro's are our counter and they are all over the place atm. With all the damage and cc AoE floating around in PvP ops are hard to learn but fun when you get the hang of it. You are the best finisher in the game...I can win 1 v 2 against certain classes consistently even at lvl 25. Learn to use your ranged attacks wisely when different classes try to kite you and anyone under 50% health might as well take their hands off the keyboard .

Then your playing your Conc Op wrong. You can kill someone in about 3-4 GCD's as Conc Op/Scrapper Scoundrel. Also, you need to be in Oboran Gear to say you "cant" kill anyone.