Bioware needs to explain themselves. This make no sense.

Ojas

Sorcerer:

PVE Force-Mystic's Set

4 Piece = +50 Force

Operative:

PVE Enforcer's Set & PVP Enforcer's Set & PVP Field Medic's Set

4 Piece = +5 Energy

Base Comparison:

Sorcerer Base : 500 Force

50 Force = 10% of Base

Operative Base : 100 Energy

5 Energy = 5% of Base

Ability Comparison's (Ask the question; can the bonus allow you to fire another ability?).

Select Sorcerer Abilities Base Force Cost; (% of Base (500)); (% of Bonus (50))

Force Storm = 100 (20%) (200%)

Affliction = 35 (7%) (70%)

Static Barrier = 65 (13%) (130%)

Dark Infusion = 55 (11%) (110%)

Resurgence = 30 (6%) (60%)

Revivification = 100 (20%) (200%)

Lightning Strike = 30 (6%) (60%)

Force Slow = 15 (3%) (30%)

Overload = 20 (4%) (40%)

Force Lightning = 30 (6%) (60%)

Comparable (or I assume the "balance") Select Operative Abilities Base Energy Cost;

Orbital Strike = 30 (30%) (600%)

Corrosive Dart = 20 (20%) (400%)

??????????????????

Kolto Injection = 25 (25%) (500%)

Kolto Probe = 15 (15%) (300%)

Recuperative Nanotech = 30 (30%) (600%)

??????????????????

Sever Tendon = 10 (10%) (200%)

??????????????????

??????????????????

Hidden Strike = 17 (17%) (340%)

Tell me how this is balanced?

Their 4 piece allows them to cast another ability. Our does not. Not a single ability. Most of our abilities cost 4X our bonus.

This make no sense.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorcerer:

PVE Force-Mystic's Set

4 Piece = +50 Force

Operative:

PVE Enforcer's Set & PVP Enforcer's Set & PVP Field Medic's Set

4 Piece = +5 Energy

Base Comparison:

Sorcerer Base : 500 Force

50 Force = 10% of Base

Operative Base : 100 Energy

5 Energy = 5% of Base

Ability Comparison's (Ask the question; can the bonus allow you to fire another ability?).

Select Sorcerer Abilities Base Force Cost; (% of Base (500)); (% of Bonus (50))

Force Storm = 100 (20%) (200%)

Affliction = 35 (7%) (70%)

Static Barrier = 65 (13%) (130%)

Dark Infusion = 55 (11%) (110%)

Resurgence = 30 (6%) (60%)

Revivification = 100 (20%) (200%)

Lightning Strike = 30 (6%) (60%)

Force Slow = 15 (3%) (30%)

Overload = 20 (4%) (40%)

Force Lightning = 30 (6%) (60%)

Comparable (or I assume the "balance") Select Operative Abilities Base Energy Cost;

Orbital Strike = 30 (30%) (600%)

Corrosive Dart = 20 (20%) (400%)

??????????????????

Kolto Injection = 25 (25%) (500%)

Kolto Probe = 15 (15%) (300%)

Recuperative Nanotech = 30 (30%) (600%)

??????????????????

Sever Tendon = 10 (10%) (200%)

??????????????????

??????????????????

Hidden Strike = 17 (17%) (340%).

Better?

It is because of the re-gen mechanics there is a difference in amount of force/energy that is given

operative re-gen

0-20: a regen rate of 2 energy per second

20-60: regen rate of 3 energy per second

60-100: regen rate of 5 energy per second

Inquisitor re-gen

8/s

which takes a hell of a long time to get to 50 compared to you getting 5 every second

Edited by Althire

every1 should just roll sorcs clearly they are op and have edge but since they are 1/3 of the playerbase bw doesn't want to loose subs. pvp will be 2 sorcs and 2 tanks dps won't be taken when rated starts.

Obviously this guy knows everything about the issue and has taken measures to ensure his success as a forum troll.

Maybe he has some numbers and statistics for us as well?

every1 should just roll sorcs clearly they are op and have edge but since they are 1/3 of the playerbase bw doesn't want to loose subs. pvp will be 2 sorcs and 2 tanks dps won't be taken when rated starts.

HERP DERP. Metrics show a rather even distribution among classes, no one class has "1/3" of all players. This rumor has been debunked just like "EVERYONE HAS BIOCHEM LOL NERF IT NOW!!!"

I see the thought behind it....

But Sorcs also have no CD to get 1/3-1/2 of their Force back.

They have nothing like "Tactical Advantage".

There's balance I'm sure, if you compare every proc, skill, talent point and such.

HAHAHAHAHA.

Do you think Tactical Advantage is a bonus?

It is because of the re-gen mechanics there is a difference in amount of force/energy that is given

operative re-gen

Inquisitor re-gen

8/s

which takes a hell of a long time to get to 50 compared to you getting 5 every second

This. An Agent/Smuggler properly maintaining energy will regen at 5% per second base, higher with proper buffs/skills used. Sorcs are stuck at 8 Force/second, which works out to just over 1% regen per second.

operative re-gen

Inquisitor re-gen

8/s

Inquisitor has consumption.

Operative has nothing but a long cooldown ability to increase regen and an ability that costs us TA.

This. An Agent/Smuggler properly maintaining energy will regen at 5% per second base, higher with proper buffs/skills used. Sorcs are stuck at 8 Force/second, which works out to just over 1% regen per second.

Not really important since a properly played lightning sorc will never run out of force while DPSing. It's literally the only class in the game that does not have to worry about resource management at level 50.

Everyone else has to either generate their resources and use them properly, use CDs or manage their total pool of resources to maximize their regeneration rate.

Sorcs/sages simply start their rotation and stick with it forever and ever.

You can only use consumption so many times before you die and healing your self back up wastes what you just got you also loose re-gen by using it.

Tool tip

Consumption

Instant

Consumes 15% of your maximum health to restore 8% of your maximum Force. Each time this ability is used, your Force regeneration rate is reduced by 25% for the next 10 seconds. Stacks up to 4 times.

Not really important since a properly played lightning sorc will never run out of force while DPSing. It's literally the only class in the game that does not have to worry about resource management at level 50.

Everyone else has to either generate their resources and use them properly, use CDs or manage their total pool of resources to maximize their regeneration rate.

Sorcs/sages simply start their rotation and stick with it forever and ever.

Not true as this is highly dependant on what spec you play and the specs that include extra re-gen mechanics are not the best for dps in pvp or pve

Having a sage and an op I WISH my sage could regin like my op. Even specced with noble sacrifice if things get too heated I can't fire off my bombs. An op as long as you remember to hit those stim boost CD's along with Adrenaline Probe I always had the energy to pull of whatever ability I wanted as an op

You can only use consumption so many times before you die and healing your self back up wastes what you just got you also loose re-gen by using it.

Tool tip

Consumption

Instant

Consumes 15% of your maximum health to restore 8% of your maximum Force. Each time this ability is used, your Force regeneration rate is reduced by 25% for the next 10 seconds. Stacks up to 4 times.

You can use it every 10 seconds for no debuff. You have a talent tree that gives you no cost consumption.

What do operatives have? +10 energy in tier 3 lethality tree on an ability that costs tactical advantage.

Tactical advantage is used for many of our heals.

Assume we use TA normally for Surgical Probe (which most op healers do). That forces us to give up a 2.5-3.5k heal.

That's ~ 3k healing potential gone for each tactical advantage.

Consumption costs you 18% health (if you are not speced for free cast) which is 2970 health if the sorcerer has 16500 health.

Is that the balance? Pure ignorance from it's player base and so few players like me who actually understand class dis-balance.

and even if they are not properly maintaining energy, they still regain at 2%/second

on top of that, taking a skill like, Force Storm Vs Orbital Strike

with the regain, you can cast orbital strike every 6 seconds, compared to just over 13 seconds for Force Storm

Having a sage and an op I WISH my sage could regin like my op. Even specced with noble sacrifice if things get too heated I can't fire off my bombs. An op as long as you remember to hit those stim boost CD's along with Adrenaline Probe I always had the energy to pull of whatever ability I wanted as an op

Ignorance at its finest. For those of you who are as ignorant as this poster (Maxil). Stim Boost is broken. It in fact does not increase regen. One of the MANY broken operative abilities.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=289048

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=341928

Edited by Ojas

Just one thing you know classes are not balanced on 1v1 don't you?

Also it has been stated that agents/smugglers are getting a needed healing boost in a future patch probably 1.2

Ok. All agents and smugglers should cancel while we wait for that needed healing boost that MIGHT! come in the future patch 1.2.

Ok. All agents and smugglers should cancel while we wait for that needed healing boost that MIGHT! come in the future patch 1.2.

Love the way you ignore the first part as classes are not balance 1v1 I could see if you were arguing that your agent is not balanced compared to a smuggle as they should be but arguing that it is not balance against another class is just well you get it.

Sounds to me like you have levelled an agent to 50 and someone has told you how well there doing healing on there sorcerer and you have got upset and rage posted.

What you are comparing is like comparing an apple to an orange yeas there both fruit but man do they taste different.

Love the way you ignore the first part as classes are not balance 1v1 I could see if you were arguing that your agent is not balanced compared to a smuggle as they should be but arguing that it is not balance against another class is just well you get it.

Sounds to me like you have levelled an agent to 50 and someone has told you how well there doing healing on there sorcerer and you have got upset and rage posted.

What you are comparing is like comparing an apple to an orange yeas there both fruit but man do they taste different.

Dude what does this have to do with 1v1?

This is about healing PVE.

Seriously ***?