Server Management

labtud

With the first day of EGA almost completed and many still not being able to play it will be interesting to see how the management of the server loads is done.

Looking at the server status at this moment of time, even on this first day, many are either full or high. No doubt all existing servers will be full by tomorrow so new servers will have to be put online.

This is where it will get interesting because remember people we are talking EGA access here and server loads seems quite high already. Could the scenario be that actually on game release date that there may be low resources to accommodate new players who did not pre-order?

Over the next few days it will be interesting to watch how this is managed. Oh and btw not been invited yet also and most of my preferred servers are full already LOL so playing with some friends from other MMO's seems to be highly improbable.

Could it be that people who have joined guilds all are registered to the same server, which means that a lot of the people "on" the servers haven't actually gotten their access yet?

Just a thought...

Server population on server status page reflects only the users currently logged in.

I am sure that guilds members have been allocated those servers for sure :)

But that rules against people who don't have a guild at moment and still want to play with friends..

Either way, indirectly I was probably asking how many more servers will need to put online to meet the needs of all who wants to play the game?

Perhaps it is worth setting up a sweepstake on number of servers LOL

Do you get to choose a server to play on? Can you switch between servers? How do you get in the same server as your friends?

Thanks ahead.

When you log in you should be able to select any server that you want depending on whether they are full or not.

So if you want a PvP server choose one thats free or RP or PvE etc.. You can choose whatever you want, only guild have been allocated servers AFAIK.

To play with friends let them know what servers you are on and hopefully they'll join you :)

So its not a permanent serve you get stuck on like some othe mmo's?

That refreshing to know. Thanks again

That is a different question, once you create a char that then is limited to that server AFAIK in SWTOR.

But like most other MMO's if you want to change server with that char then you will probably can, but have to pay a premium to do that. I don't know whether SWTOR have that set up yet, but they will no to far down the line.

You can log onto another server and create a new char though.. hope that helps :)