How Expertise Changes 1.2 have ruined PvP

Thexremstar

1.2 brought about some interesting changes, before 1.2 all expertise boosts was the same for everyone, then because so many NUBS complained that they could not kill any healers (not my fault they cant interupt). BW in there wisdom changed it so even though they nerfed some of wat was thought to be OP classes (still are) they then boosted them again In PVP with a MASSIVE bonus on the damage OUTPUT! Now you all Complain that the damage burst is to great and the healers cant keep you alive. BW have catered for the majority of the whineing babys and in doing so this is the result make up your minds what you want. Us healers have hung around trying to make do with what we have. But you all still cant FOCUS healers KILL healers.

You whiners have brought this upon us and will not agree with me that the expertise changes were wrong.

Thexremstar been complaining about the expertise changes since 1.2 because they are simply not balanced and totally unfair to the healer.

The post 1.2 expertise is why tanks are so less effective in PvP cuase they have to spend 4-5% of their mitigation just to counter expertise boost. I still prefer playing my pure tank in warzones for tactical reasons, but expertise really hampers my mitigation which is the backbone of the vanguard tank.

Personally i think this is another example of bioware paying to much attention to complainers, which is why pvp is messed up becuase so many pvpers only understand dps, dps, dps and cant grasp concepts such as role balance, class balance, actual gear gap vs percieved gap, etc.

Yeah it's a bit late but he's not wrong, 1.2 is where the downward spiral started. Since then they've only managed to make it worse by buffing the few classes that actually scale with expertise. Then we have the classes that feel like they're still stuck at lvl 49, they got nothing....well...taken away maybe. Edited by MidichIorian

Wait until see you see what they did 1.3!!11!!

Oh wait, we did see that. And 1.4. And coming up on 1.5.

Not seeing the point of this thread

hahaha this post was aimed at the ongoing damage burst's that dps toons have and healers dont and the reason why it is so out of balance, do you think Im that stupid to know what patch we are up to!

i know what BW have done and they are only stacking more mistakes on top of 1.2!

If u have nothing better to say about the obvious mistakes made then dont bother replying to my posts.

the point is 1.2 had some nerfing for classes for PVE obviously because the PVP aspect was then buffed again straight after the nerf with the changes made to expertise. Now as we all know geared players are doing 20k damage in 10 seconds and they freely admit to it and LOL @ all of us, as no healer can out heal that damage!

Healers have suffered since 1.2 and only those geared enuff now are able to break 800k on a regular basis and only then if there team is not retarted and able to peel off the dps from the healers.

Yeah it's a bit late but he's not wrong, 1.2 is where the downward spiral started. Since then they've only managed to make it worse by buffing the few classes that actually scale with expertise. Then we have the classes that feel like they're still stuck at lvl 49, they got nothing....well...taken away maybe.

thanks for understanding my post, only the ones who are obvioulsy happy with the changes in 1.2 are not complaining (I wonder why are they a derpsmash and dont wana lose there insane damage burst)

If healing cant be brought up to scale with DPS wats the point of healing at all. it realy doesnt matter I dont think BW care about pvp at all and have only made it worse with minor changes to resolve that obvioulsy didnt help because you can still be CC'ed out of the game till all ur defending players are dead then they kill you.

When I first watch the videos for swtor I seen they were very passionate about PvP but Im not seeing it are any of you ?

I thought BW devs were PvP focused and wanted to make PvP a major part of there game!

well they have alot of good wzs if u can get out of the stuns slows CC and be able to play the game.

1.2 brought about some interesting changes, before 1.2 all expertise boosts was the same for everyone, then because so many NUBS complained that they could not kill any healers (not my fault they cant interupt). BW in there wisdom changed it so even though they nerfed some of wat was thought to be OP classes (still are) they then boosted them again In PVP with a MASSIVE bonus on the damage OUTPUT! Now you all Complain that the damage burst is to great and the healers cant keep you alive. BW have catered for the majority of the whineing babys and in doing so this is the result make up your minds what you want. Us healers have hung around trying to make do with what we have. But you all still cant FOCUS healers KILL healers.

You whiners have brought this upon us and will not agree with me that the expertise changes were wrong.

Thexremstar been complaining about the expertise changes since 1.2 because they are simply not balanced and totally unfair to the healer.

OMG please ****. You were whiny about the expertise changes in fleet chat, and I outlined in detail the math that explains why the changes were made.

TLDR: before expertise change, dam red outweighed dam inc. After expertise change, they completely negate each other. This was done so that when we get more and more expertise on gear, we won't be doing piss damage to players.

• 1 month later...
The post 1.2 expertise is why tanks are so less effective in PvP cuase they have to spend 4-5% of their mitigation just to counter expertise boost. I still prefer playing my pure tank in warzones for tactical reasons, but expertise really hampers my mitigation which is the backbone of the vanguard tank.

Personally i think this is another example of bioware paying to much attention to complainers, which is why pvp is messed up becuase so many pvpers only understand dps, dps, dps and cant grasp concepts such as role balance, class balance, actual gear gap vs percieved gap, etc.

best answer ive read on the changes to expertise ever at least you feel my pain and seem to understand my gripe.

Ive been complaining about this 1.2 patch since the first week it was live! no balance and healing is virtualy ruined and from wat u say tanks too

OMG please ****. You were whiny about the expertise changes in fleet chat, and I outlined in detail the math that explains why the changes were made.

TLDR: before expertise change, dam red outweighed dam inc. After expertise change, they completely negate each other. This was done so that when we get more and more expertise on gear, we won't be doing piss damage to players.

this doesnt explain why healers still have 11% less HEALING BOOST when the average geared players can hit u for 5-7K and a full WH geared player cant heal them self for 5K with the expertise boost and talent boost ect. you are a total NUB and obvioulsy dont play a healer all you talk about is damage damage damage thats not the only focus in the game U NUB

this doesnt explain why healers still have 11% less HEALING BOOST when the average geared players can hit u for 5-7K and a full WH geared player cant heal them self for 5K with the expertise boost and talent boost ect. you are a total NUB and obvioulsy dont play a healer all you talk about is damage damage damage thats not the only focus in the game U NUB

dude, my unoptimized op healer can pump out almost 10k heals every 2 seconds if left to freecast. Its crazy. As a sniper i need to wait 12-15 sec for my next 5k ambush. Stop whining, healing is powerful.

Its set up this way because of things like guard and taunts. They can't give more healing output from expertise, because of the difference in damage when a tank is around. Unfortunately this makes it really hard to heal through, especially when you factor in trauma. Random warzones are even more painful, because when you get 2 people on you right now, you just get demolished, because everything does huge damage, and unless you have tanks or your class has a good defensive cooldown (thats up), you die in a few seconds.

1.2 was the patch that they changed expertise and got rid of things like on use relics, right? Ever since whatever patch that was, the damage has been insane and it only gets worse with each tier of gear they'll release unless they change things up. Everytime new gear comes out people gain power, top end and main stat, while expertise % DR curves and doesn't really affect things much. So you have people with expertise basically the same as the start of 1.2, but you have power and main stat only climbing (no DRs on those?). New gear barely helps healing output, because of the baseline trauma in pvp cutting huge into your raw (non trauma) output. So in the end, dps gains with gear while survival and healing fall behind.

I agree that damage is ridiculous in warzones, but healing doesn't need a buff.

If they just lower dmg from some classes it will be fine.

And if you can't heal for 5k you're doing something wrong, even with trauma debuff my scoundrel get plenty of 5.5k+ heals (no, not on myself) and from time to time even as high as 6.5k.

my full wh sorcs unnatural preservation has hit 7k in combat with the expertise powerup as heal spec.. :rolleyes: Is said healer in recruit or something? lolz and other players are regularly critted for 5.5k (6k+ if i grab an expertise powerup)

Nothing wrong with healing atm. Hell my sorc does 5k heals occasionally when he's dps you've gotta be doing something wrong.

Edited by AngusFTW

Op I feel you. The situation is out of hand. 1.2 did that.

You don't really need coordinated attacks to bring down a healer (meaning cc/interrupts) anymore. This is to appeal the majority of the crowd out there, especially in pug warzones. There is no turning back unfortunately.

They decreased the healing bonus gained from expertise. They decreased the dmg taken in contrast to dmg done.

I'd rather have them decrease the healing further instead of touching the dmg reduction/dmg done part.

Well anyways, i know personally that most ppl quit during that period (after 1.2). I did too, I only came back just these last days to check what's up new and sort. Not really impressed however...