Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

GabeAmatangelo

Again people that want rollbacks, how is it fair to the people the gained valor outside of Ilum?

Would you rather lose the bit of valor you gained so everyone else will be evened out and on the same general field, or put up with even more faction imbalance and people leaving the game?

ROLLBACK PLEASE

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why wasn't this done 12 or so hours ago? As it is on my server, the Imps outgear Republic before this patch and this just exacerbates the situation even further. A large part of the anger behind the patch was due to the disparity in PvP between the two factions already (with one side being MUCH easier to gain PvP gear than the other) due to one faction outnumbering the other immensely, which the patch was supposedly going to address but actually did the opposite.

Is there going to be any rollback or someway to compensate for the valor gained by the Imperials from today? I know of atleast one character that purposely sat and respawned to give everyone camping as many points as possible. I've already suffered weeks of PvP against fully geared Sith as a level 30-40+ only to hit 50 recently and still suffer with no PvP gear vs fully geared Sith (except now with no lowbies to pick on). There have been many suggestions on how to fix the problem, but when you only win 10% in solo queue and don't have the time to complete dailies while equally ungeared characters can win 3 straight without doing anything on the other side, it makes dailies pointless as well. I understand time invested should be rewarded, but with the current way things are going, Republic PvP on my server will be dead within weeks. I know the "statistics" released showed approximately even scoring wins/loss between the factions overall, but unless you address the disparity within each server, most of this gaming community will just quit.

The problem is there is a lack of dialogue with the devs on whether they are even addressing this issue (or even see it as one) which leaves most of the community fuming and even angrier when bugs like this patch come to fruition. Please build up a better rapport within the community or I'm afraid this community may bail from this game faster than APB sank.

Because 12 hours ago it was 8:35 am.

So wait... there's a major exploit with one of the currencies in game (valour)... and you're just going to ignore it... for 24 hours?

At least turn off valour per kill.... say 8 hours ago, or cap the total valour earned from Ilum at 30x200 = 6000 for today (or something a bit higher even). It's a tricky database operation, but it needs to happen, people should not be exploiting there way through 20 or 30 pvp levels. Or exploiting their way through anything.

Why do a Valor reset? The Devs just stated there is no Valor gained from the turrets like all the stupid trolls were saying and there are diminishing returns on killing the players. So with that said I seriously doubt the amount of Valor gained from some of these "BS" trolling posts.

I would need to see some actual pics that clearly define their valor gained cause after this "BS" storm of post saying crap that wasn't true like "I got my level 20 alt Battlemaster in a couple hours today".

Fact is people way over reacted today and did so to a bunch of trolls making crap up. Since this is truly the case then I don't think any longer the Devs need to do a rollback.

im getting 200 valor per kill now, there is no diminishing lol.

I can take hitting 50 in less than 6 days /played, although it has taken me twice as long in other MMOs. I can take getting my full Champion set in less than 8 days /played, although I still had a grind to go before new gear would be avaiblable. I actually looked forward to spending another month grinding warzones and getting to battlemaster - I am currently valor rank 46.

But now, that something that will take me weeks to complete, others of the opposing faction have done in a few hours. This takes all the will to play away from me. This ruins the game for me. Every Imperial battlemaster I lose to in a 1 on 1 fight, by a smidgin of health, I'll have to ask myself - What if?

On the bright side I will be reclaiming more of my life. This has been a dark month. Goodbye and good riddance.

Thanks for NOT rolling back so the vast majority of people who levelled today don't see their work wasted :)

The attitude of posters right now is just shameful, just show what MMOs have become: from virtual worlds you get yourself immersed into, to senseless e-sport competitions.

WEeeelll, despite your misplaced gratitude to Bioware, you have to admit the sheer amount of people dissatisfied and unsubbing is justified. When a rational person commits time and energy to achieve something, only to have another achieve that same result (or greater) for a fraction of the effort (by no fault of said rational person), they have a right to respond in anger/frustration/disappointment.

Just because YOU haven't experienced this while YOU are leveling, doesn't give you the right to pass judgement on others.

No rollback? Seriously!?

As a Jedi Guardian I not only have to work 10x harder (because I have a ****** class) to get to rank 50, yet Imps (who already have it easy) have gone from rank 40 to 55 in under an hour. It's a joke.

It's like my luck couldn't get any worse. The past 18 pvp bags gave me no epics, then I got an epic (bracers which I already owned) then went another 10 bags with nothing, then finally an epic (again -- bracers that I already owned). And now next time I log I have to put up with Battlemaster operatives 1 shotting me?

It's like.. Why should I even bother. It's not as if I'm enjoying the gameplay -- I have a GTX 580 and i7-960 at 3.2ghz yet I get 15-25 FPS in warzones.

Honestly, where are you Guild Wars 2?

ANOTHER person that didn't read all of the first post ^_^

this is not a fix of any kind. its barely even a band-aid to the gaping wound that is world pvp on ilum.

insta killing people on entering the base will solve nothing. people will figure out where the boundary is, and camp players as they exit the base. they will camp the taxi/respawn points out on the battlefield.

the lag is NOT on our end. i have two nvidia gtx 570 cards in SLI. this game likely does not take advantage of that, but on the fleet and in ilum currently, the game is utilizing barely 35% of my graphics card to render characters and the rest of the game.

i have a top of the line pc, and < 10 FPS at any point in this game is insane. you make it seem as if this game is graphically intensive. i play battlefield 3 on ultra settings. constant 70+ FPS. youre telling me that this game, with the dumbed down graphics youre currently forcing on us, is more graphically intensive than one of the MOST graphically intensive games in gaming history? LOL

no valor rollback? youre kidding right? you say that players are abusing the system, but youre not gonna punish them for the abuse. youre slowly approaching SOE as ffar as blatant developer stupidity.

optimize your goddam game bioware. and do it fast, before you lose an enormous chunk of your player base.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to be clear and let you all know that we’re definitely aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary.

It should be pretty easy to fix across the board without making anyone that mad.

Quick script, here's the jist: IF Player_valor_gain on TODAY > 30000, lower player valor gain to 30,000. Seems fair and balanced to me.

Seriously, do something concrete, and don't give us these mysterious statements about certain individuals and looking closely at situations garbage.

It's all bind on pickup type stuff. That means your character can't wear it.

Awww too bad. I was eager to share it with the millions that will remain as we laugh together at the few silly goons that left because Bioware didn't roll back EVERYONE, including those that got their progression through legitimate gameplay, while specifying that they would look into removing the progression of those that Misbehaved.

Yeah. Such a travesty.

Oh wait.

Lemme reiterate. If you're demanding a rollback of everyone to take away the progression of the FEW (compared to the majority of the whole playerbase) that exploited, ad that will be individually looked at anyway, you all need a new brain.

The vast majority of the playerbase isn't even in it's forties right now.

Edited by Abriael

Hey BioWare.... thanks for listening to our complaints and stuff. Bummer people took advantage of an issue, but I still love the game and plan on resubbing as many times possible.

I realize this is y'alls first stab at MMO type stuff so good job so far. I plain on sticking with you as long as possible as I am a big fan of everything you do and can only imagine what else may be instore for those of us that stick out these initial hiccups.

Please don't fire anyone.... jobs are scarce right now and they have families to feed.

I realize that everyone else is saying this too, but I think the community feels the same way all around. If the servers are not rerolled and valor that was gained today taken back, I will surely be canceling my subscription. I hit rank 65 yesterday and was quite pleased, but to log on today to see people who were only rank 50 yesterday passing me up pretty much put me over the edge. The choice is souly up to Bioware, but I'd hate to already have to start looking to Guild Wars 2's release to give me the type of pvp and pvp system that I am looking for.

lol i understand you are upset, but making up numbers and threatening to threaten to cancel your sub is not really going to help. They have said that they are looking into the exploit and how to deal with it. that should be enough i think.

I worked my butt of to get 50 valor. People getting to BM rank in a matter of hours is unacceptable.

They can fix the exploit, but that won't change the damage that has been done and the only thing to do so is to have roll back.

And no one tell me that this is normal. I know I'm not helping but I payed for this game. Money doesn't grow on trees

Ive kept quiet and waited for a response and now we have one Ill say my piece.

What an absolute set of spoiled brats this generation of gamers has become!

Im actually appauled you even dare to call yourselves hardcore anything.

The man gave you an answer he told you ilum will be pretty much inaccessable until its fixed... So what a few people now have battlemaster title which means what? Oh thats right its a title!

They still have to get bags to gear and that means commendations which wasnt the issue since commendations were not the thing being farmed, only valor.

So they got a title and you act like they just got given a full pvp armor set for free which they did not.

Honestly where the hell are your spines? Why are you acting like you are in your terrible twos over something meaningless.

Get a damn grip and get over yourselves and your pointless title.

At least the real issue will now be fixed and tbh a few more angry children will be lost.

yeah they need to do a rollback or i will unsub also like some already did.

they just need to rollback the valor points to a certain time which is logged on their servers.

the only problem with this rollback though is if they could identify which valor points are earned through warzones or player killing at ilum.