Jaesa or Risha, Who do You Prefer?

MorganaV

So, I've played some of The Old Republic through the Jedi Knight phase, but now I want to try out one of the other classes, now I've narrowed it down to either the Smuggler Class, or the Sith Warrior.

And I think the deciding factor in my decision is which of these two is the more interesting companion, Jaesa or Risha.

What's everyone think on this? Who do you believe is the more interesting companion?

I can't answer on Companions, as I have not played a Smuggler (I despise that cover system on Imperial Agents,) but I can tell you that Sith Warrior gameplay is pretty much identical to your Jedi Knight, just with different names and somewhat different graphics. If you don't want to play the same way all over again (assuming, of course, you choose the same Advance Class,) then that clearly leaves the Smuggler.

Scoundrel Main, here - Risha is a boring tart. In all due honesty, I enjoyed her little storyline; but if you happen to actually read the Codex, a lot of it is spoiled before the main events actually happen. :|

In short, Risha leans very slightly to Dark considering she loves herself and loves Credits and warms up to you very slowly.

As for Jaesa, I can't really speak - but she's interesting due to her being able to be either a complete Light or complete Dark character. From the forumites I hear that if you choose to make her Dark, she leaps headfirst into being completely Dark Side and comes across as an absolute maniac, becoming the complete opposite of the emotionless walls that Jedi seem to try and be.

I am close to getting lightside Jaesa on my Warrior, but compared to Vette and Quinn she doesn't particularly appeal to me, so I really can't comment. I hear the darkside Jaesa is a bloodthirsty nut, albeit an entertaining one to have around. :p

I just finished all of Risha's conversations yesterday on my Smuggler. Honestly, I did not like her all that much at first and it took me awhile to warm up to her (and vice-versa I guess, lol). She has a really pretty voice, some beautiful customization kits . . . and a kinda snooty attitude. xD But by the end I felt that she and my female character had really bonded. She wasn't a great match for my nicey-nice Smuggler, but if you're planning to play one that sometimes goes for the "gimme credits!" option, I bet she'd be just right.

Also, you might consider which AC and play style you prefer. I found Risha a pain to use on my Scoundrel -- the melee DPS/healer + ranged DPS combo irritated me -- but I had a couple of Gunslinger friends that loved her. AC probably won't make as much of a difference with Jaesa, as both Warrior AC's are melee.

As for Jaesa, I can't really speak - but she's interesting due to her being able to be either a complete Light or complete Dark character. From the forumites I hear that if you choose to make her Dark, she leaps headfirst into being completely Dark Side and comes across as an absolute maniac, becoming the complete opposite of the emotionless walls that Jedi seem to try and be.

Correct, Darkside Jaesa is the most psychopatic evil NPC Ive so far seen in this game. I have no experience about lightside version. She is perfect companion to me cause I want to play a movie villain. Some like Jaesa like that, some don't, as she is pretty much over the top. But I think she is one of the more fun companions.

"I want my homeworld of Alderaan to burn. I daydream of crushing its people and laying waste to its castles."

- Jaesa Willsaam (dark)

ps. Kira Carsen of jedi knight seems to be also a packet of laughs. Ive not proceeded far with my jedi knight but Kira has some of the most hilarious dialog yet.

Edited by Karkais

Are you planning to romance the lady? That could make a big difference.

I remember reading somewhere (on a TOR wiki, I think) that Light-Side Jaesa is not romanceable. So, if you want to get with her, it'll have to be crazy-love between a couple of psychos. "Natural Born Killers" with lightsabers.

If you're planning to be Light-side and romance the lady, then the Smuggler is the way to go.