Guild Summit Day 2 NDA Lifted! Brand New 1.2 Info!

lollermittens

After reading the full interview, I'm sorry but Georg Zoeller simply doesn't seem to get it when it comes to Smugglers/IAs and specifically Scoundrels/Operatives.

Not sure about the scoundrel but after playing an Operative to 50 there's just something wrong with the class as a whole. I enjoy healing as an Operative but dps play is just too clunky. There's no real flow so the gameplay feels very disjointed. Sure you could see a few big numbers here and there (not as much anymore though) but overall the gameplay isn't very satisfying in a dps spec.

Twitch players generally flock to rogue types but there is nothing to be gained playing an Operative as a twitch player. In fact, as a moderately fast reflex player, I find the class very frustrating because there's no cooldown symmetry. I can only assume there are plenty of players faster than me who also have found this to be true.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought for sure the species unlocks would be tied only to your legacy level and not to which species you had leveled up to 50. otherwise, it's completely pointless. if i leveled a human to 50, hooray, i get to have a human of any other class... except i already could. if i leveled a twilek inquisitor to 50, hooray, i get to make a twilek sith warrior. but i just played a twilek for 50 levels, maybe i want to try a chiss. sorry nope. not unless i roll a chiss to 50 on some class i already have or don't want to play at the moment. and when i do, i'm not taking advantage of my "cool" legacy unlock at all. tying species unlocks to the species you just played is utterly pointless and backwards. the only way this could be "cool" is if you were switching factions and happened to have played a faction-specific species, of which the republic has green humans that aren't different from normal humans in any other way and humans with blindfolds.

And what's with the repair bot costing a million? Is there anywhere you can fly that doesn't have a vendor right outside the gate? This is the sorta thing they should've just thrown in automatically or not at all.

The bot will also sell things like gear for the ship droids that improves their crafting. I imagine they might also be a mash up of medical droid vendors and crew skill vendors.

And so the nerfs begin... You could always rename it "How to hurt a already damaged game", nerfing always causes hassle & upset, no matter whatever flavour you make it!

Try giving your child a ice cream, now "slap" their face & take the ice cream away, are they upset? Now eat the ice cream with them watching! Well done, you have mastered the art of Nerfing ©Blizzard/Trion/BW.

PS. And no, my main isn't a Sage or Sorc or BH. But the rest of the classes are next, long runs the fox in the world that has become FOTMMMORPGs. :o

Because designs in class ability never changes, ever, in any mmo.

:rolleyes:

So I have a question for you lore guys out there regarding the legacy system. In part of the trailer I saw characters being marked as another characters son or whatever. This is a legacy and your characters share a last name so it is supposed to be some sort of family right? How does that work with all these different species?

i thought for sure the species unlocks would be tied only to your legacy level and not to which species you had leveled up to 50. otherwise, it's completely pointless. if i leveled a human to 50, hooray, i get to have a human of any other class... except i already could. if i leveled a twilek inquisitor to 50, hooray, i get to make a twilek sith warrior. but i just played a twilek for 50 levels, maybe i want to try a chiss. sorry nope. not unless i roll a chiss to 50 on some class i already have or don't want to play at the moment. and when i do, i'm not taking advantage of my "cool" legacy unlock at all. tying species unlocks to the species you just played is utterly pointless and backwards. the only way this could be "cool" is if you were switching factions and happened to have played a faction-specific species, of which the republic has green humans that aren't different from normal humans in any other way and humans with blindfolds.

I agree. I made a cyborg for my level 50. I'm never making another cyborg again. So unlocking the additional cyborg features is completely useless to me. This will be beneficial if they do end up putting a barbershop type service in the game that allows me to change the look of my character and includes all cyborg options. If they don't do that, having my cyborg at 50 means squat.

Achievement Mission Terminals :

Several Achievement Mission Terminals are located in fleets of the two factions that now unlock achievement rewards for doing certain flashpoints, operations, etc.

These feats require boss kills and more to unlock special speeder skins/colors.

So i take it pure pvpers are screwed on this?

Pvp will have its own awards.

I'm not in love with needing hundreds of thousands of credits and legacy levels. If you earned your legacy levels by playing lots of lower level toons, say all in the 20-30 range, you can get the legacy levels without having the credits. And since legacy is supposed to encourage you to play alts and not just run a toon to max and grind dailies all day I think it's a little to contrary of that vision to have the credit requirement too.

You're not likely to have any significant legacy levels if you just play characters in the 20 to 30 range. You only unlock legacy levels once you finish chapter 1 ( ~ level 30) with a character in the first place.

And let me make this clear, since there's some confusion about it:

The system allows you to unlock things EITHER via achieving the unlock condition (e.g. reaching chapter 2 in a specific class, reaching a specific PvP rank, etc) OR by paying credits. It is not both.

The credit option exists so players can enjoy content that they know they would never unlock in regular play (e.g. 'I'd love a pureblood Smuggler, but no way I'll level a Sith Warrior just for that').

Some things (like legacy class abilities) cannot be purchased with credits while other things can only be purchased (not unlocked) but are gated by legacy level (e.g. the GTN for your ship requires you to have a high legacy level before you can purchase it).

Several Achievement Mission Terminals are located in fleets of the two factions that now unlock achievement rewards for doing certain flashpoints, operations, etc.

Same way non-PvPers are if they wanted PvP armor styles or other rewards.

As are Solo players.

Name one class that can't play as a Zabrak. I don't think there are any, maybe smuggler/ IA?

Did anyone consider that imperial/republic zabraks look at least now, significantly different, maybe the idea is the ba able to hide your afiliation and play a dark side zabrak as a jedi?

From what I understand, the cash options are alternatives to leveling an alt, not to leveling legacy. eg If you want a Sith Pureblood JK, you can level a Sith Pureblood to 50 OR level a human smuggler to legacy 8 and pay 1.5 million credits.

The cash on the other items seems to just be a credit sink.

Yep and it's the other things I am concerned about, because well, that's the vast majority of the legacy stuff as it pans out.

Convenience:

[*]Legacy Fleet Pass – Cuts down the time of the use of Fleet Pass by increments of one hour for each of the levels. There are three levels to it and are unlockable for increments of 50,000 credits, 5 legacy levels (5, 10, 15)

[*]Legacy Quick Travel – Same as the above except that it is cut down by one minute each level instead.

[*]Rocket Boost – Short duration speed increase. Unlockable for 5 million credits, legacy level 20

I was thinking it would cut the time of quick travel down by 15 minutes. But 3 minutes? That's not exactly convenient.

That is a terrible idea, the point is to have to level up your legacy.

Well, I understood the idea that people who don't play alts would be at a disadvantage, so I can see that it would be fair they could buy some of these things for a LOT of cash. That's how it was presented during the live feed.

That I found ok, until now it seems that getting the legacy levels doesn't mean that much after all because the levels don't unlock anything except the possibility to throw cash against these items. I would've thought it better that the unlocks came with the legacy levels. Now it's a bit of a kick in the teeth to devaluate it like this.

And so the nerfs begin... You could always rename it "How to hurt a already damaged game", nerfing always causes hassle & upset, no matter whatever flavour you make it!

Lack of nerfing causes far worse, namely, a completely broken and unplayable game that will quickly fail. It is not possible to "get it right on the first try" when dealing with systems this complex. Or the second try. Or the third try. Or the fifteenth try. Or the hundredth try.

Basically, anyone who thinks you can release a game like an MMO and not have to nerf things, especially in the first year of release, is an idiot. If you prefer your nerfs to come at a slower pace, don't buy the game until at least a year has gone by.

[*]So we did some changes there to rebalance that particular tree to move a bit out of the Tracer Missile, and require you to be more active in your combat style to achieve that kind of effect. You can call that a nerf. I call that housekeeping.

[/indent]

My level 35 Gunnery Commando got from level 16 to 35 solely doing PvP. I completely approve and welcome this change because the rotation is incredibly boring. As long as we aren't nerfed in overall damage output and can achieve the same numbers, just with a more difficult rotation, I welcome this change.

So I have a question for you lore guys out there regarding the legacy system. In part of the trailer I saw characters being marked as another characters son or whatever. This is a legacy and your characters share a last name so it is supposed to be some sort of family right? How does that work with all these different species?

"When a human and jawa love each other very much..."

I think "legacy" just implies a "connection", which could be a clan/gang/team/corporation/school, as well as birth, marriage, or adoption.

(Now I have this image of two twileks talking to a human, "Son, I know you've never known this, but we're not your birth parents...")

You're not likely to have any significant legacy levels if you just play characters in the 20 to 30 range. You only unlock legacy levels once you finish chapter 1 ( ~ level 30) with a character in the first place.

And let me make this clear, since there's some confusion about it:

The system allows you to unlock things EITHER via achieving the unlock condition (e.g. reaching chapter 2 in a specific class, reaching a specific PvP rank, etc) OR by paying credits. It is not both.

The credit option exists so players can enjoy content that they know they would never unlock in regular play (e.g. 'I'd love a pureblood Smuggler, but no way I'll level a Sith Warrior just for that').

Some things (like legacy class abilities) cannot be purchased with credits while other things can only be purchased (not unlocked) but are gated by legacy level (e.g. the GTN for your ship requires you to have a high legacy level before you can purchase it).

thanks for the clarification, since most of the people here still dont get it.