1.2 Hard Mode loot. Why raid when you can just run dailies?

You gotta love Gavins sig though, claiming to be towards hardcore while after such a long time not even being able to clear the game in 8 man HM.

Your not special

Yeah, its like you can do those things solo.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The combatlog is coming with 1.2 and i have seen a working realtime DPS Meter on this forum... so one of this problems is solved.

Exactly, only now they are beginning to fix the problem but only partially, next thing we need is...

1. Story mode should be easy and doable by all but should give only average gear.

2. Heroic mode should be ''heroic'' and should reward same gear as Story mode but higher amounts..

3. NIGHTMARE has to be cattered to that 2-5% of hardcore gamers and should reward roughly 5% better gear... and titles, mounts, flashy something etc.

I saw the DPS parsers/meters and like them soon I will not allow people into groups without allowing to see their dmg...

e

LOLOLOLOLOL

Seriously you sacrifice YOUR TIME? Ever heared that you CANNOT BUY MORE TIME ON EARTH?

Whever you choose to play the game you SACRIFICE time, and some people CANNOT SACRIFICE so much time cos they have kids famillies etc, OTHER CAN ? SHOCKING RIGHT?

So your big sacrifice is TIME, that's it? Really? Seriously?

UM, just an FYI, the solo player will be sacrificing MORE TIME to get the same gear.

So they should get even better gear than the raiders right?

I saw the DPS parsers/meters and like them soon I will not allow people into groups without allowing to see their dmg...

And here we are! Finally someone admits that meters are a gauge for other players and not a tool to measure their own performance.

See? That didn't take too long!

Meters and Gearscores are the sux

And here we are! Finally someone admits that meters are a gauge for other players and not a tool to measure their own performance.

No the Bad Player sux! If there where no bad players we wont need the Meters........

If pigs had wings they could fly.

Better to actually help players get better than using a meter to exclusion.

Why help? This game is so f.... easy, if you can bind your shoes without help you could be a good player, if not hey then you never had Shoes with bootlaces.....

I AGREE!!!! Which takes me back to why would we need meters?

Let me see... because, despite the fact that the T1 endgamecontent is a joke, there are actualy people out there that are soo bad that you cant down the bosses?

Ok there is one bad person in a raid... others can compensate that but with two bad players you really run into troubles.

And even if the others can compensate one bad player... why should they?

Not everyone can be good in everything!

For example: I am a very decent drummer (playing 3 years) but I suck at guitars (playing 2 years).

How did i get good in playing drums?

I practiced alone or later with other mates that were at the almost same SKILLLEVEL.

I would NEVER EVERY under any circumstances try to get into a good band as a guitarist.

I would apply as a drummer and when my drumming skills would not be good enough for THAT band I would not apply at all.

In raids it is the same.

If you are a not a good player, dont apply for a group where you will be a BURDEN!

Damage/Heal Meters are something to measure the performance of yourselfe and of course other players.

The first obvious would be "Situational Awareness".

You dont need a parser for that. You just need eyes.

But for the second thing that makes a good player, DPS, HPS, Overheal ect you need meters. You cant measure them just with your eyes.

I can also not understand the problem with pugs.

In my MMO "career" I have almost never seen someone beeing kicked from the raid because he just made 80% from his "optimal DPS".

People who got kicked made so much DPS that WE thought they did just autohits (which arent present in TOR ;-) ) or very standing so often in voidzones that we thought they did it on purpose!

And that is a reason to kick someone!

And even if there are no parsers/meters.

If someone wants to filter out bad players, they will do it and find ways.

Gearcheck, achievmentcheck and even titlechecks!

Is the dailies ops gear gone yet?

Black hole dailies give daily comms, not black hole comms, but there is a weekly that gives 6 black hole comms, that is the ONLY source of black hole comms that is non raid. So.....not sure why raiders are kicking up a fuss, it'll take 6 weeks to get ONE piece of black hole gear (and that's the cheapest one, the implant). It'll take ages for you to get the full set of gear via weekly, which by then a new tier would be out.

Edited by Lemina_Ausa

So here is a link that should clear up everything.

http://dulfy.net/2012/04/01/1-2-endgame-pve-gear-full-set-stat-comparisons/

There is ONE weekly quest which gives 6 black hole commendations.

The only other way to get black hole commendations is to raid. If you do the weekly quest + story mode explosive conflict + hard mode explosive conflict it will take you roughly 13 weeks to get enough black hole commendations to get a full set of black hole gear which would be useless by then as hard mode explosive conflict drops campaign gear.

If you just do the weekly quest to get the 6 black hole commendations it would take you 75 weeks to get a full set (minus the mainhand and offhand)

People should stop whining about everything. It's already confirmed that u cannot get set through solo daily. Daily still award daily commendations and ONE weekly quest award 6 black hole commendations. U will need to spend few monthes to get black hole set, which has no set bonuses

i am sure there is some mis-information somewhere :) having top gear in game soloable would be rediculous in the extreme, and im sure bioware would not make a decision that... wierd.

Maybe you, and the others complaining should go raid an English course; then you'll get your challenge as well as your reward.

Why don't we just remove the binding system? That way we can all do whatever we want and just buy whatever makes us feel good about ourselves off the GTN!

Dark Age of Camelot does exactly that (for the most part) and it works very well. Of course they also have a very in-depth stat system and literally dozens of raid encounters / world bosses to get gear from. So instead of raiding a specific boss or dungeon over and over you can go on the raids you want, then sell the rare items you get for lots of gold and buy the equally expensive drops from some other boss that you actually need. The WoW style of raid progression is boring and repetitive... I'd much rather have lots of options to get nice gear (such as half a dozen different "best in slot" pieces from half a dozen different sources for every gear slot, with which one you actually want depending on your build) and the ability to swap said gear around from person to person.

(I also like the option you get in DAoC to have up to 200 people in a raid group... it makes your odds of getting any loot pretty low but watching a huge army swarm over a boss and drop him in under a minute is hilarious. :p)

I have 3 pieces of gear that are jedi and smuggler as a trooper I cannot use them or trade them from raids. At least there should be a npc that refunds comms so I could get the appropriate gear.

The gear was won on roll greed, there were no jedi or no smugglers in the raid group when it dropped.

Hmm also, the bags that ensure everyone gets a loot from the raid do the exact opposite of what they were made for.

We have a couple guys with full raid gear plus and extra 4 leggs or chests etc. because the named bag system apparently doesn't recognize anyone else being in the raid but these 2 guys.

The Raid master cannot even this out by assigning loot because named loot is not controlled by a real person.

There should be an npc that allows one to trade in stuff one cant use. Sure 1.2 fixes this

People with Raid elitist snobbery bitterly complaining that only they are worthy to have the best gear really?

Yes the Queen of England should be the only one with a castle and trumpets with her tea as well.

Hehe funny how your ridiculous statement was instantly replayed by very logical assumption!

No the Bad Player sux! If there where no bad players we wont need the Meters........

This is 1st part of answer 2nd part follows now:

This game is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EASY that if you are bad player you DESERVER ZERO help from skilled and ''hard-working'' players who improve all time... simple as that...

Now, wait just one cotton pickin' minute.

If you joined a guild and got taken into Nightmare, Hard, or normal mode and geared up, I want you to drop all your raid gear right now. Drop every single piece of it. You know why? Because I'm a hardcore raider and not one single person who got carried through the entire raid deserves any gear.

If you want raid gear, you better find some other people that have the same gear as you and go raid. I refuse to carry you into a raid, so you can sit here in this forum and attempt to **** on people.

I also want you to drop your rakata ear pieces and implants. You've made it absolutely clear that dailies are not raid content and are only for casual and solo players. You don't need that gear, if that's the case. You aren't allowed to have it, it's not raid gear.

That being said, if you attempt to do any dailies, you are not allowed to invite anyone into your party. That's solo content, you don't get to do it with other people. Now, go get the max number of daily commendations by yourself.

What's that? You can't do it? Well, I'm sorry, but you can't wear better gear so that you can fight that elite that keeps killing you over and over again. Nope, I'm sorry, you have to wear social gear.

What's that? You didn't play with anyone as you levelled and you have no social points, so you can't ACTUALLY buy any social gear? HOLY ****! Who knew you needed to play with other people to get social gear, but that doesn't matter, because you're totally convinced social gear should be given to solo players. So, that's out.

I guess you're just stuck in those greens/blues/oranges that drop off the mobs. If an epic drops, you need to drop it. That's not solo gear, that's raid gear. I don't care that you killed it by yourself, it's purple. Solo players can't have raid gear.

You can have flashpoint gear, but you have to go in in greens/blues/oranges. Remember, you aren't allowed to daily quests and you aren't allowed to have purples, because you're a raider, so you don't do daily quests, but you aren't allowed to have purples, because you have to do daily quests or solo story stuff to get purples. That's not allowed.

Now, seeing as how I'm a hardcore raider, you have to have Best-in-Slot gear to go on my raid. Well, that sucks for you, because that means that if you've somehow managed to get through this impenetrable logic loop and gotten columi implants and ear pieces, you aren't allowed to go, because you don't have rakata implants and earpieces. That means you aren't a raider, because you aren't elite.

End of story.

^

This is the logic brought to the table by the "hardcore" raiders.

If any of you so called "raiders" never had to pull your own weight, then you aren't raiders. I estimate this to be every person in this thread who is complaining about the game mechanic.

You pay $15 to log into this game and push some buttons. Some other person you've never met in your life and probably never will meet also pays $15 to log into this game and push some buttons.

You aren't Bioware. You don't decide who gets what and how they get it. If you don't like that, unsubscribe. No one is FORCING you to play this game, after all. If you don't care and you get this post for the satire that it's meant to be, drive on, friend, drive on. Because I imagine you laughed, instead of wound up being the next youtube video of a 14-year-old kid smashing the computer Mommy and Daddy bought him into oblivion.

Edited by Andex

You pay $15 to log into this game and push some buttons. Some other person you've never met in your life and probably never will meet also pays $15 to log into this game and push some buttons.

So by this logic.

Why can a computer ''hacker'' do MORE with THE SAME COMPUTER that we both bought for 600 dollars?

See the catch...

You are NOT ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING COS YOU PAY THE SAME AS SOMEONE ELSE, YOU PAY TO BE ALLOWED TO PLAY, HOW MUCH YOU GET IS DEPENDANT ON YOUR SKILL DEDICATION AND SACRIFICE OF OTHER THINGS.

Sadly BW messed it up big time with rewards

Also your raider comments are ridiculous about none of us is true raider... yes in this gear barely anyone is a true RAIDER and thats mainly cos i cant be bothered to play raids with such ridiculous reward system

Oh where are the days of Evergrind and Vanilla WoW/TBC.... Long gone together with most of that community that was skilled and didnt feel entitled to everything!

So by this logic.

Why can a computer ''hacker'' do MORE with THE SAME COMPUTER that we both bought for 600 dollars?

See the catch...

You are NOT ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING COS YOU PAY THE SAME AS SOMEONE ELSE, YOU PAY TO BE ALLOWED TO PLAY, HOW MUCH YOU GET IS DEPENDANT ON YOUR SKILL DEDICATION AND SACRIFICE OF OTHER THINGS.

Sadly BW messed it up big time with rewards

Also your raider comments are ridiculous about none of us is true raider... yes in this gear barely anyone is a true RAIDER and thats mainly cos i cant be bothered to play raids with such ridiculous reward system

Oh where are the days of Evergrind and Vanilla WoW/TBC.... Long gone together with most of that community that was skilled and didnt feel entitled to everything!

Congratulations, sir, you win the internet. Your comparisons are completely irrelevant to the thread as a whole and there was no part of my message that said anything about being entitled. It was actually about how you need to go do work, but you missed that, because you can't think inside the parameters of the word "logic".

The little part about paying to be allowed to play means that, yes, in the case that Bioware allows me to receive commendations for gear handed out in raids through doing something like dailies, I do, in fact, have the right to have something you have. I have a level 50. I don't think you should have a level 50 because I did it with another person, which means I did it better.

That's your logic at work, by the way.

Your comments are also irrelevant because I am an elitist and I refuse to acknowledge any of your nonsense as it's sore for my eyes to look at.

Thanks for proving my point, though.

Edited by Andex

Congratulations, sir, you win the internet. Your comparisons are completely irrelevant to the thread as a whole and there was no part of my message that said anything about being entitled. It was actually about how you need to go do work, but you missed that, because you can't think inside the parameters of the word "logic".

The little part about paying to be allowed to play means that, yes, in the case that Bioware allows me to receive commendations for gear handed out in raids through doing something like dailies, means I do, in fact, have the right to have something you have. I have a level 50. I don't think you should have a level 50 because I did it with another person, which means I did it better.

Your comments are also irrelevant because I am an elitist and I refuse to acknowledge any of your nonsense as it's sore for my eyes to look at.

Thanks for proving my point, though.

Sucks to be left with nothing to contradict my statements so you go back to the old ''you are stupid'' talk and not worthy of my time when in reality you have nothing to say.

Sucks indeed!

The little part about paying to be allowed to play means that, yes, in the case that Bioware allows me to receive commendations for gear handed out in raids through doing something like dailies, I do, in fact, have the right to have something you have. I have a level 50. I don't think you should have a level 50 because I did it with another person, which means I did it better.

You have the RIGHT if you do things I DO for that stuff and that is not free gear from commendatations ....*SIGH*

Edited by Alcarinn

Sucks to be left with nothing to contradict my statements so you go back to the old ''you are stupid'' talk and not worthy of my time when in reality you have nothing to say.

Sucks indeed!

The words "you are stupid" are found nowhere within my messages. Continue to troll yourself, please.

Furthermore, I'm pretty sure your definition of what's "right" doesn't stop me from getting that piece of gear through commendations alone. You can will it and type it out all you want, but if the game mechanic exists in the game, then there's nothing you can do to stop it.

This is the difference between your perception of reality and reality.

I'm sorry, because that does suck.

I am also taking that quote for my signature, because that is the quintessential display of ignorance, which I have just refuted with, what's known to the world at large, as fact.

Edited by Andex