Community Blog Post Discussion: New Year’s PvP Update

CourtneyWoods

rofl mythic's name is not anywhere on this game's release....

Mythic was rolled into BioWare. The folks working on PvP for this game are mostly Mythic, I thought.

This is the problem. Leading of PVE and PVP at the same time has been the root of the worst PvP I have ever seen in a MMO.

This concerns me as well. PvP and PvE are such different animals.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not big on PvP, but it's REALLY exciting to see that they're working on the ability to choose which Warzone you're going in to!

I thought that would've been common sense to include from the get-go, but knowing that it's coming down the line is enough to make me happy. :)

I also agree with some others here that it'd be cool to see more PvP areas besides Ilum.

I imagine doing that would be easier done once Ilum is fleshed out more and there's a better idea of how to implement another PvP area.

You do NOT need to do wild nerfing of classes. You need only figure a way to keep it balanced for everyone while letting the more hardcore still have their superior advantage.

LOL you said balance and then in the VERY NEXT sentence you say let the hardcore players have their advantage

Inc Soon:

Ilum has no Republic.

No ques but huttball.

50 PVP Unbalanced.

No kidding, I'm *SO* sick of Huttball right now and 50-only bracket will only highlight the class balance issues.

There is few enough Republic on Illum now they'll be a very rare bird with these changes.

Sounds great for WZ's and Ilum.

What about general open world PvP point system, titles & rewards for just regular open world PvP on any planet where it's possible other than WZ and Illum?

We'd like open world pvp to mean something.

Im happy for the pvp'ers that they are at least addressing your concerns this early in the game. Normally at this point in pvp you start seeing the nerf bat and maybe one more instanced zone and thats all you get.

Its really not that hard to balance Illum though in terms of factions. The world is instanced to a certain extent so if they just set the empire and republic threshold at a certain limit and then you get bumped to the next instance unless you are in a group but it is workable. If you have too many people in the same zone you will get a lag fest anyways

at least they begin to do something.

Hope they emphasize on mechanics and various massive warzones like 40/40 keep fights and implement vehicles and stuff like strand of ancients or isle of conquest alterac valley and stuff like this.

Maybe i will resubscribe after their changes are proofed to be good and fun

There are no rewards or incentives for engaging in World PvP.

I personally don't need incentives to engage in World PvP. Though evidently many others do, which is why most are in the WZ's.

On PvP servers only, please make it so that World PvP is rewarded with something. It could be gear, titles, valor, anything that encourages people to engage in World PvP.

Oh yeah and please up the population counts so that when people are in the world they can find each other on the same shard.

now they just have to fix that annoying being returned to the fleet after a warzone match bug (which among other circumstances happen if you join from an instanced area) so we can actually do warzones while questing without fearing a 10-min run back to our questing area every few matches... Edited by logra

Shame to see so much Huttball bashing, personally bar getting it quite often and the randomness of air blowers I find it to be the better of the three. The fact that even if the rest of your team are clueless monkeys, a few people working together can win out the game with some good coordination and teamwork.

Perhaps the solution to the faction imbalance is for when you zone into illum you are allocated a shard in which there are less of your faction than the other until there are equal numbers. Then have it so that no one else can move into your shard until someone of your faction leaves..

So, basically the game dynamically balances numbers