What I don't get about the Return Cinematic for SWTOR...

Miffy

They pick their lightsaber because that is what they're happier fighting with but in this trailer The Jedi Woman throws the saber to the guy and surely he wont be as effective with that or it's the setup he would have chosen in the first place. I can kinda understand because he is fighting two Sith but why was he fighting two anyways? Surely if they didn't want them to escape one of them would have gone after the ship when it was on the ground, seeing how easy she jumped on board.

Then when Malgus (is it?) fights that one Jedi why does he suddenly take his Masters to fight him? Surely again he picked that one saber because it is what he prefers to fight with, he is only fighting one guy this time. The Jedi shows he isn't able to fight with two sabers seeing how the Sith guy swipes away his other saber straight away. Why is he able to fight two Sith off at the same time but Malgus? seems to own him straight away on his own with ease?

That ship also looked like it couldn't fly and yet the Smuggler said "she's tough but she'll fly" or whatever. How does he know? Has been been inside that ship to see? No....

None of it makes any sense and is so cheese filled.

If they didn't want the ship to leave then block it's path or throw something at it to break it. Frigging the Jedi guy had no problem throwing things when Malgus was running towards him. The Falcon was always breaking down from the slightest thing and that was meant to be thousands of years in the future, surely you could ground that ship pretty fast.

The Sith master was throwing lightning at it, and I am fairly sure Satele's sprint to the ship was fueled by desperation as the last thing you want to do is turn your back on an enemy who knows where you are going. Once a ship starts, it's shield's are activated, so no, just throwing things at it would not have been enough to ground it.

The outcome of a lightsaber battle is not always as cut and dry as "who has the most skill." It's decided by who makes the first mistake, and darkside users are notorious for having bursts of overwhelming power.

They pick their lightsaber because that is what they're happier fighting with but in this trailer The Jedi Woman throws the saber to the guy and surely he wont be as effective with that or it's the setup he would have chosen in the first place. I can kinda understand because he is fighting two Sith but why was he fighting two anyways? Surely if they didn't want them to escape one of them would have gone after the ship when it was on the ground, seeing how easy she jumped on board.

Then when Malgus (is it?) fights that one Jedi why does he suddenly take his Masters to fight him? Surely again he picked that one saber because it is what he prefers to fight with, he is only fighting one guy this time. The Jedi shows he isn't able to fight with two sabers seeing how the Sith guy swipes away his other saber straight away. Why is he able to fight two Sith off at the same time but Malgus? seems to own him straight away on his own with ease?

That ship also looked like it couldn't fly and yet the Smuggler said "she's tough but she'll fly" or whatever. How does he know? Has been been inside that ship to see? No....

If they didn't want the ship to leave then block it's path or throw something at it to break it. Frigging the Jedi guy had no problem throwing things when Malgus was running towards him. The Falcon was always breaking down from the slightest thing and that was meant to be thousands of years in the future, surely you could ground that ship pretty fast.

correction: he said it aint pretty but its tough." he was saying he thought it would fly

These are almost the same quotes that Han Solo used, I do not understand the big deal.

Magus became overconfident and kills his own master typical theme in the Star wars movie "darth sidius" killed his own master. Did he need to , no he just wanted more power , that is the sith way. I really do not see any devation from Star Wars philosophy any where in op thread. Though I appreciate putting thought into this opinion.

Since Malgus was now "free" of his masters guidance and he was no longer say, held back by his masters influence, he was able let loose his fury/rage and came into his full potential would be my guess why Malgus won after his master was side-lined. Also, seeing a Jedi defeat a Sith might just have given Malgus the anger he needed to win. :p

The Jedi was no slouch in combat. It's very likely that if one went to run and jump to the ship the Jedi would intercept him and cut him down in mid air. So they had to focus their effort on the jedi instead of catching the escapees. The Jedi knew he couldn't beat them. He had his padawan (soon to be grandmaster) escape because he knew he'd die. He used the double bladed saber along with his own for surprise value. It's not something the Sith trained to fight against. It's random and unorthodox. This allowed him to buy more time.

From a tactical sense (this is all speculation at this point) Malgus was fighting the Jedi. He felt his blows first hand. He probably figured he out powered him. So using two lightsabers wouldn't be a hindrance in this fight. Why did he kill him so fast when before he was "struggling?" my theory is he has been intending to kill his master. So he wasn't fighting his fullest because he didn't want his master to know what he was capable of.

At the same time he might have felt his master was holding back as well. Once his master was impaled.. the need to hold back was no longer there. So he went all out. Not to mention he was probably empowered and fueled with the hatred that a Jedi not only killed his master but did so before he himself could.

The Jedi was no slouch in combat. It's very likely that if one went to run and jump to the ship the Jedi would intercept him and cut him down in mid air. So they had to focus their effort on the jedi instead of catching the escapees. The Jedi knew he couldn't beat them. He had his padawan (soon to be grandmaster) escape because he knew he'd die. He used the double bladed saber along with his own for surprise value. It's not something the Sith trained to fight against. It's random and unorthodox. This allowed him to buy more time.

From a tactical sense (this is all speculation at this point) Malgus was fighting the Jedi. He felt his blows first hand. He probably figured he out powered him. So using two lightsabers wouldn't be a hindrance in this fight. Why did he kill him so fast when before he was "struggling?" my theory is he has been intending to kill his master. So he wasn't fighting his fullest because he didn't want his master to know what he was capable of.

At the same time he might have felt his master was holding back as well. Once his master was impaled.. the need to hold back was no longer there. So he went all out. Not to mention he was probably empowered and fueled with the hatred that a Jedi not only killed his master but did so before he himself could.

+ Jedi's come fatigued calling on the force 2 fight and battling 2 sith would use alot of energy plus throwing all them huge items.

I really enjoyed the whole clip.:D

+1 This guy understands the message of the Trailer so perfectly. He understands how the sith are and it makes perfect sense the way that malgus thinks.

The smuggler knows the ship will fly because it's his ship?

Well, there was damage to the outer hull of the ship. Some of the station's structure fell on it in the attack. It is his ship, but the damage could have rendered it inoperable. Thus the question "Will she fly?".

As for the OP's question, the smuggler knows it will fly, for the reason that Kartikeya mentioned: it's his ship. He knows what that sort of damage would possibly do to it. He also knows what "unregistered upgrades" have been made to the ship, and can reasonably assess the damage from the outside.

This, except I totally bought it! :t_biggrin:

I was explaining to my brother that the more lightsabers involved the cooler it becomes. I remember as a kid basically drooling when Darth Maul had his dual ended lightsaber, everyone instantly was talking about who ****** that was. All this trailer did was make it three blades worth in two hands.

All we need now is a guy dual wielding those and bam, rule of cool fulfilled.

I was explaining to my brother that the more lightsabers involved the cooler it becomes. I remember as a kid basically drooling when Darth Maul had his dual ended lightsaber, everyone instantly was talking about who ****** that was. All this trailer did was make it three blades worth in two hands.

All we need now is a guy dual wielding those and bam, rule of cool fulfilled.

Then you'll have some sith come along wielding three... waitaminute. Darth Traya already did that!