Mouse Sensitivity : Smoothing / Acceleration

Crelkoom

**I"M NOT ASKING HOW TO CHANGE MOUSE Smoothing / Acceleration***

EDIT:***ALSO, to Clarify, I'm talking about when you hold down right click and move your camera around your character in game***

BUT,

I am asking WHEN will BIOWARE add these options:

-turn OFF mouse smoothing.

-turn OFF mouse acceleration (completely)

Honestly, I really can't believe there isn't an option for this. Here's my analogies:

1. Character creation screen. To orbit around your character there is this brutal smoothing and lag/weirdness delay. It's like having your character on a turntable, but you're turning him with two long pieces of Twizzlers instead of your f'n hands.

2. Playing this game is like driving a big heavy car, and each time you turn the wheel it doesn't actually turn for .5 to 1 second AFTER you turn... Those who PVP mostly will appreciate this problem.

It's funny, I was sooooo looking forward to playing this game, but I honestly can't get passed this mouse/camera/smoothing/delay BS. I'm just waiting for them to fix it because it's that frustrating.

So, anyone have any feedback on when Bioware is fixing this, so I give this game a good run.

Thank you!

Edited by Crelkoom

True. The mouse lag is annoying. Playable but you'll end up opting to not use a mouse for turning which is bad if you PVP or are used using the mouse for turning.

Just hoping the patch it up sooner rather than later.

But I am having a great time with the game. Thanks Bioware :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you are having mouse lag, it's your system/preferences.

I was getting mouse lag when I had "shader complexity" turned on, had to turn it to low and it stopped my mouse lag completely.

As for mouse smoothing/acceleration... i don't have any of that. so it must be your computer or some setting that you have on.

Edited by iResist

• 1 month later...
I don't have any mouse lag, I can completely rotate my character 360 degrees in both directions, and it is very smooth and steady. And this is with a 3-yr old mouse that is about worn out. I have everything cranked to max in Graphics, incl. Bloom turned on. I get 110 FPS most places, and 85-90 in Fleet. So it isn't the game, my friends :D

If you are having mouse lag, it's your system/preferences.

I was getting mouse lag when I had "shader complexity" turned on, had to turn it to low and it stopped my mouse lag completely.

As for mouse smoothing/acceleration... i don't have any of that. so it must be your computer or some setting that you have on.

Just stop it, no no its not a "its your computer thing", you dont get it because your not sensitive to the effects. We that are have done everything available to reduce it but it still lingers. Your lack of perceiveing its presense is similar to the people that run around at 15 fps and say the game runs good for me "its your computer".

I don't have any mouse lag, I can completely rotate my character 360 degrees in both directions, and it is very smooth and steady. And this is with a 3-yr old mouse that is about worn out. I have everything cranked to max in Graphics, incl. Bloom turned on. I get 110 FPS most places, and 85-90 in Fleet. So it isn't the game, my friends :D

You, see my above post, dont post about something you cant notice as if it doesnt exist. Some people are color blind it doesnt mean theres a lack of color in the world. The level of mouse lag in the game even after game and windows tweaks is still unacceptable to some.

• 2 weeks later...

The issue is NOT mouse lag or low fps, it is that the game engine forces mouse acceleration with no option to disable it. I understand a lot of people don't care or don't notice, but for me and others it is extremely noticeable and annoying. All we're asking is a check box in the preferences to turn off mouse acceleration.

A simple test for those who doubt me:

-Take note of the direction your character is facing and where your mouse is on your mouse surface.

-Quickly snap your mouse to the left, and then slowly return it back to it's starting position

-Do this several times, and you will see that your character is gradually facing further and further to the left each time, even though your mouse is returning to the same starting position

See? That means that mouse acceleration is enabled in the game engine with no option to disable it. :confused:

Edited by grezgorz

• 3 weeks later...

Mouse acceleration seems to have gotten worse since patch 1.2.

For current hardware, mouse acceleration is a legacy feature, even for the desktop (Windows), so it should never be enabled for games by default. I still have a switch on my mouse software for turning acceleration off for Windows, but it does not seem to affect SWTOR.

Please turn it off or add an option. Being able to alter this setting at least per INI file would be sufficient.

My camera settings

Smart Camera OFF

Pivot Camera OFF

Camera Rotation Speed 0%

Average game performance

FPS: 70-110

Server Lag: 39-45ms

System

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder, Driver: 3.05, Firmware: 2.45

• 2 weeks later...
Mouse acceleration seems to have gotten worse since patch 1.2.

For current hardware, mouse acceleration is a legacy feature, even for the desktop (Windows), so it should never be enabled for games by default. I still have a switch on my mouse software for turning acceleration off for Windows, but it does not seem to affect SWTOR.

Please turn it off or add an option. Being able to alter this setting at least per INI file would be sufficient.

My camera settings

Smart Camera OFF

Pivot Camera OFF

Camera Rotation Speed 0%

Average game performance

FPS: 70-110

Server Lag: 39-45ms

System

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder, Driver: 3.05, Firmware: 2.45

Gonna try this tonight....

I only get the mouse lag when I have bloom or anti-aliasing turned on in-game.

Bloom seems a bit unnecessary - just makes things glow.. It's okay, but I think the game looks less cartoony without it. And the in-game anti-aliasing I haven't found useful at all.

I only get the mouse lag when I have bloom or anti-aliasing turned on in-game.

Bloom seems a bit unnecessary - just makes things glow.. It's okay, but I think the game looks less cartoony without it. And the in-game anti-aliasing I haven't found useful at all.

I will try anything lol okay time for these to go off thanks....

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...