Way too much XP

I think the XP is just right. Personally I dont feel like doing another grind to level cap. That takes all the fun out of the game. I'm sure you can go back after max level and do all the missions that you missed. Who cares if you out-level them? Is it really that big of a deal? I don't feel like spending the next 6 months trying to hit the level cap. People sure like to cry about this game it seems. Does anyone ever stop to think that BW people have tested this game over and over to make sure it's delivering the product they intended? I would rather have an enjoyable, non-grind to level cap and be able to start enjoying endgame content sooner than later.

This is just my opinion. Everyone is entitled to one.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with that. I decided to skip Athiss and stop doing space missions since I was overleveling the content too fast. Once I get to a planet that isn't as interesting I'll probably skip all but the class quests!

This.

And this:

Seriously OP, go even to 40 - you'll see a xp wall (f.e 300k xp for one level, while quests give you around 6-10k)

It doesn't mean the OP is wrong. It still means that there is a problem at lower level. Of course you can also skip a lot of content, but it's hard to do ;)

Edited by Predarek

I've avoided several Flashpoints and PvP entirely to avoid being too far ahead of the area I'm in. But I have done all of the many group missions along the way. Perhaps once everyone's at the cap you'll be more pressed for XP since finding people for group content will be more difficult.

though i enjoy listening and watching the quest cutscenes, i would rather not have to do 99% of the quests on a given planet to advance. at this point i just make sure all my class quests are at least yellow, which gives me a good indication of how many side quests i should pick up... it's a decent leveling speed and i never really outlevel a planet by too much. lvl 28 imperial on alderaan right now.

I think it's just right. I did lot of space combats as it was fun and quickly outleveled Taris... I ocmpleted my class quests and moved on to Nar Shaddaa.

It did suck a little that I couldn't complete Taris as I "have" to complete something in order to move on but in the end when it comes down to it I do prefer having "more".

I can always come back at level 50 to see it but more importantly my smuggler alt will have a whole new planet to explore and leveling him will be that much more fun. :)

Yeah the leveling is incredibly easy, it's ridiculous. Played for 2 days and have a 21 Consular 10 Commando and like, lvl 7 Knight lol...

I think they made it too streamlined, trying to keep the"RPG" feeling and the whole Bioware style Quest mode, with the talking and the dialogue and what not.

But yeah, I agree, way to fast of leveling!!

Maybe that is because endgame is the better part of the game? I dunno..

And you haven't been to pvp yet :)

I was lvl 12 after korriban, with some pvp and ship quests I left drommund kaas at 21, and went to balmorra that is lvl 16-20 range...

Finished balmorra (and some more pvp) at lvl 27, and I'm now going to nar shaddaa, that is lvl 20-24.

I blame this on pvp xp that must be also lowered.

Yes nerf PvP, the thing that a large majority of the players are here for.

Edited by AMKSED

Folks...if you are just hitting your 20s, your opinion on the matter is ill informed. You haven't hit the "wall" yet, and haven't seen what the last half of the game looks like. Calm down, and realize that perhaps the intention was to have a fast leveling experience early on. Looks to be that way thus far,

Think my main concern so far is overlevelling content. I actually gave up on Balmorra once I reached the "Bonus-Quest" areas because there was literally so much content it would have made Nar-Shadda obsolete. I was around Level 22 thinking "ok this seems to be working out well" and suddenly enough quests to take me way over the next planets level range were flung at me. I mean lots of content is great but in a way that felt like overkill. Luckily the next planet seems far more structured than Balmorra was.

Am I the only one that feels that leveling is too quick? I mean I'm outleveling the content and I'm having a hard time appreciating the quests since missions and simple conversations give so much XP.

I've been playing since the 15th and just reached lv25. The game is great... but progress is so fast I keep telling myself "oh not another level, I just got started here". Best example is when you leave the starter worlds and arrive on your capital city:

I was lv11 then and got all the way to lv12 simply by talking to people. Then i got with some friends and did The Esseless. When I went back to questing I was already 2 levels ahead on everything. I stay out of cantinas and spend as little time in my ship as possible to avoid being rested but I still can't slow the XP down. I skipped half of Taris and did the minimum on Nar Shadda since i was so concerned about overleveling the content.

Anyhow, I believe that reducing general XP would make for more enjoyable progress and pretty much increase the game's lifespan. At that rate people are gonna be crying for an expansion next month.

My opinion.

EDIT: wanted to add a few suggestions

-Make pure conversation quests give little to no XP.

-Bonus quests could increase credits instead of XP (you actually get PAID for the extra effort)

-Space missions could award credits only and become a way to make good money with special objectives or special missions for those willing to invest in their ship

-Reduce the overall XP of missions slightly (would make resting state desirable and would not make missions a pain for those who just want to steamroll through content)

EDIT 2

How about a new feature to micro manage your progress? You already choose your reward, add another option where you choose between XP or more credits.

That way players who want to do everything and see everything can take their time and do so without worrying. You can PvP all you want, do all your daily heroics, daily space missions, flashpoints and bonus series and use your money to have a good time along the way. Heck some folks might take 6 months getting to lv 50 and have a blast doing so while others can get there in a week and get their raids going.

I understand there might be an issue with gold farmers here. Have class and main story missions stay the way they are and only allow the option in side quests. Then again the extra credits rewards could be negligible and serve as an excuse for avoiding the "unwanted" XP.

Yep, I'm actually leaving half of the planets for my 2nd Republic character. I personally am happy I won't have to do the the same quests second time.

Am I the only one that feels that leveling is too quick? I mean I'm outleveling the content and I'm having a hard time appreciating the quests since missions and simple conversations give so much XP.

I've been playing since the 15th and just reached lv25. The game is great... but progress is so fast I keep telling myself "oh not another level, I just got started here". Best example is when you leave the starter worlds and arrive on your capital city:

I was lv11 then and got all the way to lv12 simply by talking to people. Then i got with some friends and did The Esseless. When I went back to questing I was already 2 levels ahead on everything. I stay out of cantinas and spend as little time in my ship as possible to avoid being rested but I still can't slow the XP down. I skipped half of Taris and did the minimum on Nar Shadda since i was so concerned about overleveling the content.

Anyhow, I believe that reducing general XP would make for more enjoyable progress and pretty much increase the game's lifespan. At that rate people are gonna be crying for an expansion next month.

My opinion.

-Bonus quests could increase credits instead of XP (you actually get PAID for the extra effort)

-Space missions could award credits only and become a way to make good money with special objectives or special missions for those willing to invest in their ship

-Reduce the overall XP of missions slightly (would make resting state desirable and would not make missions a pain for those who just want to steamroll through content)

EDIT 2

How about a new feature to micro manage your progress? You already choose your reward, add another option where you choose between XP or more credits.

That way players who want to do everything and see everything can take their time and do so without worrying. You can PvP all you want, do all your daily heroics, daily space missions, flashpoints and bonus series and use your money to have a good time along the way. Heck some folks might take 6 months getting to lv 50 and have a blast doing so while others can get there in a week and get their raids going.

I understand there might be an issue with gold farmers here. Have class and main story missions stay the way they are and only allow the option in side quests. Then again the extra credits rewards could be negligible and serve as an excuse for avoiding the "unwanted" XP.

I didn't leave Balmorra (16-20 planet for Imperial) until I was lv25 because i wanted to finish everything. I was on my way out at Lv22 then got thrown into the "Balmorra: Bonus Series" quest chain which then lead into a dozen or more quests outside the bonus series lol. I love it but Now i'm going to have to gip my next planet.

EDIT: I did gip Nar Shadda, took me 45 mins to do story-only quests and then I'm off to the next planet. Good thing I did the content in Beta.

It is fine as it is, those not need nerfs or buffs what so ever. If you think you are out leveling certain areas there is always chance to skip few missions if you wish so. I am finding it just perfect, I skip few pointless quests.

That said if you do all HC2/4 quests then its quite easy to outlevel an area, sadly when I was going 1-50 there was hardly any people around so I often just hit the next area at a good time.

Going to level another char in a month, this time slowly (my inquisitor seen all the story during beta).

Moral of the story, it's fine as it is, period.

So we pretty much have both kind of players here: those who want to race to the finish to focus on the end game and those who want to take their time to smell the flowers along the way.

Since progress is a personal thing why not allow for different leveling paces? Let the end-game players (Raiders, PvPers) get to 50 asap whitout being annoyed by missions and story while the completists can slow down the progress and enjoy the scenery.

I dont see how it cant make everyone happy. The game already has custom gear, lets have costom progress too. Choose between XP or extra commendations as a reward = doesnt encourage gold farmers.

My opinion

My opinion.

EDIT 2

What the hell are you talking about. Leveling is WAY too slow currently

Later on, even doing every mission, you start to drag behind if you don't do side things like PVP and space often. I'm at level 45, and by the time I hit Voss, I was 2 levels behind everything, although I've done every mission up to this point, 90% of the bonus missions(I think I skipped one or two), space every time I change planets, every flashpoint, and PVP every day at least 1 win.

I agree. There needs to be a decrease in Flashpoint xp at the very least. I ran Black Talon once and got at least one level there. But after leaving, I joined my first pvp match, another full level.

I do really enjoy that if I choose, I can level exclusively through questing, warzones or flashpoints. But I'm a player who likes to do it all and as a result, I feel like I'm being rushed to only run Flashpoints once and rarely pvp so I don't out-level and trivialize the questing zones.

I agree. You seem to always be multiple levels above your opponents. Not only does this make combat trivial in most cases, but it also makes me avoid Flashpoints and PvP since I'm afraid of outleveling the content further. Perhaps a general % nerf to all XP awards would be appropriate. Edited by Axxar