Call me greedy...entitled.. all you want..

Ayelinna

People do not earn a QT, nor are they being lazy by using QT instead of taking a speeder back to their destination.

It can be said that they are taking a short cut, that they should use the speeders as that was what they were designed for, that something is lost by making travel instant, easy to get, buyable in the CM, etc.

This argument can apply to almost any convenience feature in the game that overrides what was originally designed as a time or effort sink.

Bypassing legacy requirements with CC is a part of the natural progression of all other bypasses for convenience's sake IMO.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a difference in perspective. I get what you are saying. You see the companion as a Legacy feature that people can also buy.

I see it as a CM object that people can also earn.

"...many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

I don't know why but this entire quote reminds of me of

Obi-Wan: I have failed you, Anakin. I have failed you.

Anakin Skywalker: I should have known the Jedi were plotting to take over. Chancellor Palpatine has showed me the true ways of the Force.

Obi-Wan: Anakin, Chancellor Palpatine is evil! The Sith are evil. The Dark Side of the Force is an evil presense.

Anakin Skywalker: From my point of view, it is the Jedi who are evil.

Obi-Wan: Well, then you really are lost!

Anakin Skywalker: [raises his lightsaber] This is the end for you... my former master.

:D

Edited by Skaol-dirtyd

Thats exactly what im talking about...

Its your OPINION that its a pointless companion character.

We are not literally comparing a companion character to a degree. It could be anything.

That's what the analogy was, so yes, that is the literal comparison we are making.

But in the game, having the character means you ve worked hard to get 40 legacy and pay for using credits... A degree in real life means you've worked hard for it. Now imagine if you have to pay for a degree without the hard work...thats ridiculous right? In my opinion, thats ridiculous.

Again, not even close, neither in terms of how Treek and a degree compare to each other nor in terms of how much it takes to get one versus the other. If "apples and oranges" ever fit, it's now.

And in my opinion, having the option to buy the ewok is ridiclous when u get to bypass the legacy system

Well, then, as you have been told many times, you don't have to do it that way. And if someone else does it that way, that's none of your business.

Edited by branmakmuffin

When your subbed to something, say for example a Magazine Comp. Do you expect little things on holidays or any day really that's going to reward you over, say someone that reads those same mags for free when they're in line at Walgreens? Nope, except for expecting them to be delivered to where you've asked them to be.

So then why should subbing to a game get you more then it already does vs a F2P'er? Subs have a ton of content exclusive to them that F2P'ers either don't have access to, or access is very limited; we also get about %30 of our monthly sub returned back to us in the form of in game store cash.

Saying you need to feel like and need them to show that your $15 a month is more appreciated than it already is just makes you sound like a spoiled, entitled brat that doesn't know how to appreciate things.

Sorry to tell you this, but your Sub gets you access to most of this games content. It shouldn't entitle you to anything else like a special mount or pet or any other in game item.

when your subbed to something, say for example a magazine comp. Do you expect little things on holidays or any day really that's going to reward you over, say someone that reads those same mags for free when they're in line at walgreens? Nope, except for expecting them to be delivered to where you've asked them to be.

So then why should subbing to a game get you more then it already does vs a f2p'er? Subs have a ton of content exclusive to them that f2p'ers either don't have access to, or access is very limited; we also get about %30 of our monthly sub returned back to us in the form of in game store cash.

Saying you need to feel like and need them to show that your $15 a month is more appreciated than it already is just makes you sound like a spoiled, entitled brat that doesn't know how to appreciate things.

Sorry to tell you this, but your sub gets you access to most of this games content. It shouldn't entitle you to anything else like a special mount or pet or any other in game item.

nailed it

What JPryde said.

Reminds me of one time when I told my wife I had a present for her, and she got all excited. When she saw it was just a movie DvD she couldn't hide her disappointment and said in disbelief 'THAT'S MY PRESENT?!' I would have been better off not announcing the present in advance, or just giving her a gift card with funds on it instead.

I would really love to hear what she would say if you gave her 5$ as a present.

Edited by Jandi

When your subbed to something, say for example a Magazine Comp. Do you expect little things on holidays or any day really that's going to reward you over, say someone that reads those same mags for free when they're in line at Walgreens? Nope, except for expecting them to be delivered to where you've asked them to be.

So then why should subbing to a game get you more then it already does vs a F2P'er? Subs have a ton of content exclusive to them that F2P'ers either don't have access to, or access is very limited; we also get about %30 of our monthly sub returned back to us in the form of in game store cash.

Sorry to tell you this, but your Sub gets you access to most of this games content. It shouldn't entitle you to anything else like a special mount or pet or any other in game item.

Apples and Oranges. And, to be honest, magazines often give swag if you resub, so your analogy doesn't work.

And no one expected a reward. This subscriber award was announced by EA/BW because subscribers were feeling very put out by the intense focus on the Cartel Market to the detriment of regular content. The gripe is that the appreciation they showed was nothing more than a gift card to a shop a number of subscribers finds is doing more harm to the game than good.

Pay attention the actual conversation and think hard about your analogies before you post.