PvP Quiters

Lord_

There needs to be a time penalty for anybody that leaves a PvP match. Every player isn't created equal and sometimes you lose. When people quit in the middle it ruins the match. Sometime we have been able to come back and the joke is on those that quit, but enough is enough. Place a 2 or 3 hour penalty on them for leaving the match!!!!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There needs to be a time penalty for anybody that leaves a PvP match. Every player isn't created equal and sometimes you lose. When people quit in the middle it ruins the match. Sometime we have been able to come back and the joke is on those that quit, but enough is enough. Place a 2 or 3 hour penalty on them for leaving the match!!!!

why it ruins your match? you get another ppl ... if ppl dont have fun they quit, is it bad? they pay for fun, or ?

Edited by mrekxxx

My integrity won't allow me to quit a WZ, win or lose. And since I don't want to face a personal integrity violation, I chose not to queue very often.

Since I have toons on both sides of the spectrum, I have the luxury to see who is queuing on the opposing side. I know if I'm going to be facing pugs or the face rollers who would rather queue against pugs than use the RWZs that they QQd until released which they never queue. If the pvp face-roll guilds are queuing, I don't queue with or against them. Win or lose, the challenge is the ultimate goal and something the face-rollers obviously don't get.

That being said, i really don't blame the WZ quitters when faced with insurmountable odds. If they had a pug only option, I'd bet real money that it pops a lot more than the "premade" queues.

I only quit a match when half my team is geared in pve gear or facing pre-made's and having a team of total idiots who dont call inc etc..

In a nutshell for me, this and I completely understand those that do for gear discrepancy. The other issues I try to help folks understand and become better.

Although, I'm one of those that really wont leave regardless of peoples gear, score or attitudes.

I would be in favor of this. Once they fix me lagging out of a warzone, and then it just says I quit, making me look like a quiter. :mad:

We can already tell the difference. When someone lags out it says in red; "General_Aldo disconnected" before stating that "General_Aldo left the OPs" in orange.

And no, for the billionth time this has come up. No leaver debuff.

Edited by Ridickilis

I have never quit in the middle of a match (unless I'm lagging so bad I feel a I'm being a detriment to my team), but aI can't blame others for it in some instances. When the match is decided and everyboby starts camping a node, why should they have to stick around and wait? If they want to forfeit their loser comms and requeue to get in another match then let them. If a match is so hopelessly 1 sided I cant fault others for wanting to leave and start fresh.

I only quit a match when half my team is geared in pve gear or facing pre-made's and having a team of total idiots who dont call inc etc..

Agreed, penalizing folks for leaving because no one is doing the objectives or facing the same premade rolling you over and over and over is silly.

BW needs a cross server pvp que and needs to seperate the premades from the pugs before they start penalizing players for quiting. If they add that penalty now it will put the final nail in the cofin for pvp in this game.

I just hate how everybody assumes that people quit because a team is losing. Sometimes things come up, family members need help around the house, a player is just getting horrible latency, etc...I have had to quit WZ's both losing and winning on different occasions for the various reasons above. Better than having an afk player in your wz.

Yes, cuz it's completely fair to punish someone who doesn't want to be farmed by Premades and killed as soon as they leave the spawn.

Every time I wait in a queue for 5 minutes Nd then join a warzone already at scoreboard, or join a team that is getting triple capped and there is like a minute left tops, I want to violate that quitters entire family in the most violent and extreme ways. You ******es quitting a match that is lost gain nothing from your time already spent. And you leave it so somebody else gets put into a WZ where they can't even get their minimum medals to get any reward at all.

We all join PUG's occasionally. We all get those horribad teams, I had one last night with 3 DPS mercs, and 4 DPS Sorcs. When people start leaving those teams, their experience is ruined by that bad group and they will remember how bad it was, and other peoples experience is ruined because they het shoved into your bad group, plus all of their own bad groups, and your bad group had whatever amount of time with 7 or less players on top of being had to begin with.

I sympathize with people who het lagged out or crash to desktop. But those selfish people who leave groups and ruin everyone's PVP experience I have no sympathy for and hope something is done to discourage it sooner rather than later.

I swear, nobody never dont leave DEATHMATCH warzone.

But, cuz we have wz with objectives and all need help others teammates (who often dumb morons), this gameplay ruined fun for most players.

So there are only one solution - DEATHMATCH solo queue warzone without any objectives, only kills, just for fun and relax.

why it ruins your match? you get another ppl ... if ppl dont have fun they quit, is it bad? they pay for fun, or ?

Your attempt at the english language is bad. Yes it can ruin a match. PvP isn't about you. It's about a team game. All you Luke Skywalkers need to learn that. I don't know how many times I have watched one of you randoms take off for a node solo because you are so good in your recruit gear to get facerolled and quit after two tries all while the side i'm on already has two nodes of a particular wz and lose because the minimal damage you might have contributed to people doing the right thing could have changed an outcome. Everyone PvP's for fun. But if you can't take the fact that you maybe need to change your game and do what's best for the team not your Skywalker dreams you are missing what pvp is and stick to the PvE stuff....... in a nutshell L2P or stay the eff outta the ghetto. Cuz you don't understand the Ghetto.

I don't care too much about gear. If you know how to play your class you should be ok. The thing that really gets to me is complete morons. I shouldn't be forced to stay and embarrass myself in a ****** team of noobs that think every warzone is a death match, Ancient Hypergates is somewhat of a death match but you still need to control at least one pylon if you're considering winning. What does it matter to them if I leave or not? They obviously don't care about winning.

I make it a point not to look at what guild I'm playing against or if they're a pre-made or not. I feel a lot of players psyh themselves out. If you were really that good it wouldn't matter who you're up against. How are you suppose to get better. I've come to the point that I've started killing my own retarded teammates for side killing. We're gonna lose anyways so what? Play to win or ****.

I dont ever leave warzones. Its a waste of time. When I know we are gonna lose I just do my best to get as many medals as possible. Leaving just gives you nothing and wastes a time on all the loading screens.

So you're saying that a 15-30 seconds loading screen is longer than a 10-15 minute WZ and a 15-30 second loading screen?

Seems legit.

My loading screens last alot longer than that. Not to mention the unknown time till the next que which could be for the same zone or even another team of recruits. If you can get enough medals its worth it to stay, I will leave if I dont think there is enough time to get at least 5 medals. Has only happened to me a few times.

I'll leave a match if say it's terrible right from the get go. Like a 3 cap right off the bat in alderaan, or before a match starts and half the team is in recruit or worse. I know others will frown on leaving but honestly when all I want to do is finish my weekly I don't have time for certain losses. If there is a chance of turning the game around I'll stick through it but if I feel like our team is just outmatched then I'll look for another game.