Announcing SWMoniTOR! - Peer-to-Peer Live Combat Parsing

We've released a new version of SWMoniTOR (1.0 build 836)

This update should download automatically the next time you run SWMoniTOR.

The following changes were made:

Peer-to-Peer Communication

• Improved detection and reconnection of disconnected members in a group/operation.

There were several backend changes made to the peer-to-peer connection code with this release. Thank you in advance for giving us feedback on your testing. These changes should make the peer-to-peer process more stable with certain disconnect issues but there may still be some lingering conditions we haven't yet identified. We will be continuing to test and fix any remaining issues reported in this area quite aggressively. If you encounter problems have everyone in your group/operation run the troubleshooting report and either copy the results to a post on the SWMoniTOR.com forums or use the "Send report to server" option and then notify us of the group code you were using and the symptoms/problems you were seeing.

Troubleshooting Report

• If you run a troubleshooting report while connected to a group/operation, you will not be dropped from your current group/operation and information on the connection status for each member will now be reported
  • Added a send report to server checkbox for the troubleshooting dialog

Parse Calculations

• Improved detection of end of combat for the live graph calculations (amounts will not continue to tick down after combat has ended). These changes only apply to the amounts displayed in the live graphs and have not yet been extended to the drill down tables but will in an upcoming update.
  • Heals on enemies (such as from mezzes) will no longer give credit to a player's outgoing heal amounts
  • Fixed a calculation bug that would occur when the member's machine time passed midnight

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The large non-healer heal parses is probably related to when a mob is mezzed and is taking continuous heals for the duration that it is mezzed. The fix we have planned is to only include heals on players and not on enemies (which makes sense when you think about it afterwards :o).

Bah I forgot about that .. .and we just complained about it last night :p

Just an FYI to everyone, we've identified another issue that if you attempt to rejoin a group that you are already a member of, it will actually end up disconnecting you. If you feel you need to reconnect to the group but it's still showing you as in the group, disconnect first and then reconnect and it should work a lot better. We'll get this fixed soon but we'd certainly want to hear the reasons for trying to do this in the first place since that may identify another issue.

We've released a new version of SWMoniTOR (1.0 build 841)

This update should download automatically the next time you run SWMoniTOR.

The following changes were made:

Peer-to-Peer Communication

• Creating a new group or joining an existing group while already connected to a group (even if it's the same group) will no longer cause in MoniTOR to appear disconnected

love the program. we have used it now for a few days when we raid, but my only concern is everytime I run SwMoniTOR my windows firewall gets turned off.

Several others have mentioned this as well.

MoniTOR doesn't do anything to Windows Firewall or it's settings. Which version of Windows are you using and what command are you running to see the firewall status as "off"?

I just tested over here using Windows 7 (64-bit), ran MoniTOR, formed a group and then went into Control Panel | System and Security | Windows Firewall and everything seemed to be running as it should for the firewall.

Edited by Gaktar

Hi Gaktar--Thanks so much for your work! I have had fps lag problems with the pop-outs / overlays for both your tool and the MOX raid meters, and was just wondering if there's a well-known fix for this. I have a fairly high-end machine, so I feel like there must be some random setting I'm missing somewhere...

I'm running Windows 7, SWTOR in full screen (windowed) on an HD 6870 gpu and an i7-950 cpu.

Hi Gaktar--Thanks so much for your work! I have had fps lag problems with the pop-outs / overlays for both your tool and the MOX raid meters, and was just wondering if there's a well-known fix for this. I have a fairly high-end machine, so I feel like there must be some random setting I'm missing somewhere...

I'm running Windows 7, SWTOR in full screen (windowed) on an HD 6870 gpu and an i7-950 cpu.

Have you tried changing the opacity of the overlay window to max (hit the + button until the window isn't see-through at all)? MoniTOR has two types of graphs, one is Overlay which is always on top (and has a transparency option) and the other is Dockable which is intended for a second monitor. Even if you don't have a second monitor, does you get FPS drops with only the dockable graph displayed? If not then I'd say it's probably something with your DirectX/video card drivers and possibly you might find something by running dxdiag but I'm certainly no DirectX expert. It's a long shot but you may want to also look at disabling Windows Aero just to see if that is causing some of the problem.

This is closer to what I'd consider to be the best implementation, though I'm personally against real-time updating data on both a technical and personal standpoint. Not only does it lead to people "watching the meters and not the encounter," but most of the time it's unnecessary traffic. I would have went with a pull strategy, personally.

looks pretty good so far if you can see details of your grps damaging abilities, might help a lot with improving DPS when you can easily compare data. However, is there any way to get some percentages? Like, % missed, % of crits, or how much % this and that ability has done for your total? I know that I could just do the math but it'd take time.

looks pretty good so far if you can see details of your grps damaging abilities, might help a lot with improving DPS when you can easily compare data. However, is there any way to get some percentages? Like, % missed, % of crits, or how much % this and that ability has done for your total? I know that I could just do the math but it'd take time.

There are already some percentages being calculated so far (Player/Enemy data has the most in the current build). More calculations (including percents :)), bar/pie/line graphs and analysis tools will be coming in the next few builds to help with digesting all the data.

Gaktar, thanks for the great tool. This is definitely our favorite live parser over at Ask Mr. Robot.

Just to let everyone know, we released an update to Ask Mr. Robot's web parser to read the combat logs from MoniTOR. So if you use MoniTOR, now just one person can upload the log to our site instead of all raid members :)

If anyone runs into bugs on uploading it to AMR, let me know.

Gaktar, thanks for the great tool. This is definitely our favorite live parser over at Ask Mr. Robot.

Just to let everyone know, we released an update to Ask Mr. Robot's web parser to read the combat logs from MoniTOR. So if you use MoniTOR, now just one person can upload the log to our site instead of all raid members :)

If anyone runs into bugs on uploading it to AMR, let me know.

This is great. I love AMR and have started using it for my logs and char equipment. Is there going to be a tie in if you keep your char up to date on gear and upload logs?

This is great. I love AMR and have started using it for my logs and char equipment. Is there going to be a tie in if you keep your char up to date on gear and upload logs?

Can't give a timeframe yet other than "soon" but expect to see more cooperation between the SWMoniTOR client and the AskMrRobot website in the near future ;)

Greta tool. Any way to add in the Threat overlay as well to the main group overlays with damage/damage taken, etc?

Who you callin' Greta?!? :D

Graphs that combine multiple types of data in meaningful ways (such as what you describe above) are on the way. Lots of plans for the threat window as well. Won't be in the next major update (soon) but will be shortly thereafter.

Edited by Gaktar

It went down in middle of raid, for a good 20 minutes for everyone, then came back up.

Wait, so you mean the program itself stopped working or you just couldn't access the website? I read your first post as the latter, but I'm guessing you meant the former. My bad.

Edited by Aurojiin

It went down in middle of raid, for a good 20 minutes for everyone, then came back up.

We raided tonight as well and it worked fine for us. I looked at the server logs for when you posted your first message and there were still people connecting to groups all through that time period. I'm guessing it was some kind of routing problem to the server although that would typically only affect a few users (unless your whole raid lives in the same area). It if happens again let me know and I'll try to track some information down from the hosting company.

Edited by Gaktar

No problem at all. It was back up within 20 minutes for us, so all is well.

We do have a question about the "Shield" on the group overlay. We were under the impression it was damage taken, but the numbers do not jive. We then thought it might be related to threat which comes closer, but that didn't jive well when tanks were under everyone else.

Sounds like you are describing something other than SWMoniTOR? You sure you're posting in the right thread?