Schadensminderung im Spiel

BobaFurz

Im englischen Forum gibt es ein sehr interessantes Thema über die Schadensminderung durch Schilde und Verteidigungswerte. Es wurden einige Tests gemacht und die Ergebnisse interessieren sicherlich einige. Laut den Testern gibt es einige Probleme diesbezüglich bei der Schadensminderung für schwerer gepanzerte Klassen, vor allem bezüglich der Schilde welche angeblich bei bestimmten Angriffsarten so gut wie nie aktiviert werden.

Denke das wird die Community hier interessieren und ich poste das hier, falls einige von euch die englischen Foren nicht lesen und diesen Thread versäumen.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=155034&page=2

Nur ein kleiner Auszug von etlichen Antworten aus diesem Thema:

Now I hate comparing a 1v1 situation but this is a guaranteed screw in a 1v1 situation. One player can easily force a tank spec'd pvp player to pop all of his cd's and consumables just to survive while they pop'd there consumables. The advantage of the opener and the waste of my resources as a tank is inexcusable and silly. Silly I say!

...the problem is with mitigation. The fact being that pretty much all of the large burst abilities are more or less unmitigatable except through static barrier and hard mitigation.

yeah shield chance not working on yellow attacks absolutely has to be changed, it's completely gamebreaking for tank characters

This is a joke. I'm wondering how I didn't notice the lack of shield and dodge against pretty much every attack in the game, but it sure as hell makes a lot of sense now.

This topic, like a few have said, should be at 20+ pages. It is something so basic that I would never have even thought about it. I tested it as a Defensive Guardian with full champion gear in duels against both a gunslinger and a commando, and it is completely true. Grav rounds hit for full damage every single time, no shield. All of the gunslingers attacks aside from the bleed shot and the explosives (aka the entire sharpshooter tree) can be dodged, deflected and shielded against.

The Gunslinger is level 50 with near full pvp gear, the Commando is level 41 (obviously no PvP gear), and the Commando spamming grav round was keeping up with the Gunslinger. I just sat there against the Gunslinger unloading on me watching deflections and shield procs flying off. This explains why the Gunslinger and I do absolutely no damage to Powertechs and Juggernauts in PvP when we pair off, as we both have basic weapon damage attacks that they mitigate.

This also explains why Sorcs absolutely destroy me. My bonus stats do absolutely nothing against them. Saber Ward does nothing against them. I dont even get to reflect to use riposte, not that it matters as it just adds 6% defense which does nothing anyways.

This also explains why I just shrug off marauders. It explains why with Sorcerors, Bounty Hunters and Operatives being 3 of the most popular classes (as opposed to the Rep side with Sentinels and Guardians, who do crap basic weapon damage, being the most popular) we constantly get nuked.

So basically I do crap damage and can shrug off damage only slightly better than DPS classes (due to Soresu Armour increase). Awesome.

Edited by BobaFurz

Noch ein Beitrag aus einem anderen Thread bezüglich dieses Theams, der aufschlußreich ist und die derzeitige Schwäche des Schildes und der Verteidgungswerte erklärt:

As it stands, both Defense and Shielding only protect against an attack which does "Weapon Damage." I haven't exhaustively tested, but so far these all seem consistent with their tooltips.

It means that, in PvP, Shields and Defense are nowhere near as effective as we've been led to believe. This further diminishes the general concept of PvP tanking and is a heavy blow to the Shieldtech tree especially.

This espescially diminishes the value of Shieldtech beyond Jet Charge if you do still wish to invest in that tree. It also confirms why myself and others haven't felt any more squishy after switching to a hybrid ST build.

PvP tanking still plays a role, however stacking actual tanking gear is not advisable. The main function of PvP tanking can be entirely achieved with Ion Cylinder and Guard. The most significant returns on PvP mitigation is from the Cylinder itself and the Expertise stat. Everything else you are getting an extremely poor return on.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=156809

Edited by BobaFurz

Wenn es reiner Waffenschaden ist dann ja, es geht darum dass jeder andere Schaden anscheinend nicht abgeschwächt wird, auch nicht vom Schild (hier ist das Schild der Zweithand gemeint) und dem Schildwert und den sonstigen Verteidigungswerten. Also z.B. Elementarschaden, kinetischer Schaden gehen durch ausser Verteidigungsfähigkeiten werden genutzt die cooldown haben und generell den Schaden verringern oder blockieren, wie z.B. das Schild als Fähigkeit und nicht das Schild als item der Zweithand. Edited by BobaFurz

was soll das jetzt hier sind im deutschen forum, wen mein englisch so gut wäre würde ich es wohl selbst dort lesen.

schwachsin!

@te - danke für den hinweis, interessanter thread.

@von mir zitierten, wieso hälst du nicht einfach den rand wenn du es nicht lesen kannst?

erbärmlich genug, das ganze dann aber als schwachsinn titulieren zeugt von wahrlich geistiger größe.