Inquisitor Lvl 44 Mission - The Veil

Jalthi

Possible spoilers below:

So, I ended up force persuading The Veil to join me on Nar Shadaa. Did anyone agree to let them take over the cult and get the item they promised that let's you summon something? I feel like maybe I missed out on something cool, ala Barov's Peasant Caller in WoW.

Ok this is quite hilarious, been stuck on this descission for 2 hours now, and couldnt find any info on it. then decided to try make a thread and sure enough someone beat me to it by 15 minutes :)

Needless to say im quite interested in this aswell :)

Edit: the reason im stuck is that I'm disappointed in the leadership of the cult but want to retain control and have those guys in charge (destris is a bit incompetent in my eyes)

@op if you force persuade them is there any indication of them actually joining the cult?

Edited by Malechai

@op if you force persuade them is there any indication of them actually joining the cult?

Well, I can tell you that when I force persuaded them it went like this,

me: 'you want to join the cult'

veil: 'we want to join the cult, yes we'll join the cult. here's your computer chip'

end cutscene

Went back to cult HQ to talk to the 2 leaders.

me: "yup, I got the chip"

them: "great i knew you would. stick around for awhile, the cultists love having you here"

end cutscene, end mission

Completely unsatisfying. Didn't even get to tell them that "hey, I stuck up for you" then they reward you with something. Nothing, nada.

My understanding is that the Veil will work for you if you let them take over. I thought I was picking a choice that had them join me, give me everything, and just make sure I'm still in charge. What it really did was just make them give me the chip then I assume disappear forever. My only real hope is that somewhere down the line I'll get a letter with an item in the mail from the leaders or the Veil.

I looked up the quest a little online and one of the database sites has the objective "Defeat Lord Paladius" as the last objective. I'm assuming that's if you the Veil take over, and had let Paladius control the group. He's prolly not happy and you have to kill him. I imagine it'd be similar with the other 2 dope leaders.

TL;DR - I'd go with agreeing to let the Veil take over. Unless there's more follow-up to the story, force persuading (or killing them I assume) the Veil gives you nothing but the chip.

If you do let them take over, please come back and post what happens and especially if you get any cool loot from them.

with the agree'ing you come back to your cult, destris blows a fit (understandably) you get the option to say its for change and you want more powerfull allies, telling him to shut up, or killing him.

I'm mostly wondering what happens down the line with this

(i also want the same as you to have control of the cult with the veil working with them making me more powerfull)

EDIT: might want to change title to reflect that there are spoilers in the thread

Edited by Malechai

EDIT: might want to change title to reflect that there are spoilers in the thread

So you didn't get the item that the Veil promised about "summoning help anywhere, not just Nar Shadaa" ?

And I thought having "possible spoilers below" then 10 lines of dots was ample enough to protect against unwanted spoilers. Either way, the thread isn't really ruining stuff for anyone - I'm sure that people who go through the quest have these questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed, this quest was very unsatisfying, not to mention un-challenging.

I went the route of killing all three Veils, nothing immensely interesting. Almost seemed like a mini-quest, almost unnecessary to the rest of the story-line, :(

Edited by Danag

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I decided to agree and handed the cult over to the Veil. There was a flashy cutscene where you can kill Paladius (you don't have to fight - just lightning my *** out of Paladius) and that's it :mad:

What are you talking about? I have to kill Paladius and its even worse a fight than it was with Zash. One hit does 2855 damage (I caught it on the screen). I'm still trying to figure out how to kill this guy. He's 44 and I'm 43, but then I'm a 'Ssin so I probably will have to wait until I'm 50 to kill him...

I force persuaded them to just give me the chip and then join my cult, then I spent some time with the chick, still being the man in charge.

lol, I did this route too. I got to say the other's kinda sound like they sucked. If you let them take over your cult your pretty much scammed out of of your followers. Interesting to know the different ending's however.

• 3 weeks later...

I shocked one & two, third ran like a pansy so i shocked him too. He gave up and said something like: "I told you it was a bad idea to mess with a sith" He then gave up the CN-12 chip.

At the end they asked me to spare them and I got 3 options:

1) spare all of them

2) kill one & two

3) kill all of them

No light/dark point options, but i chose option 3 and killed all of them. The fact that the whole place didn't blow up, as they claimed it would because the place was rigged, and what 3rd said when i shocked him, leads me to believe that they were in fact con-artists and were simply trying to take control of the cult.

• 6 months later...
Possible spoilers below:

So, I ended up force persuading The Veil to join me on Nar Shadaa. Did anyone agree to let them take over the cult and get the item they promised that let's you summon something? I feel like maybe I missed out on something cool, ala Barov's Peasant Caller in WoW.

i let them take over then killed the guy but now after all ive seen i restarting before something goues wrong

If your wanting the most beneficial path they are all pretty much the same so far. But i think that force prosauding them has the most potential to become beneficial in the long run. They are almost certainly scam artists but they are resourceful and gutsy scam artists so i figured better to have them working for me then not.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Just got to this point and went full sith - killed One, killed Two, shocked the Third, he gave up the chip and then i killed him anyway - no explosion so likely scammers. The way the Third reacted tells me they aren't even linked.

But when i got back Rylee and Destris both said "stay awhile we love to have you" in a creepy way. Also noticed i had three cultists just like the Veil: http://imgur.com/zlU8ynk

(sorry for necro but i'm back into this thread with the same situation)

• 3 weeks later...
I killed the first veil, killed the second veil, shocked the third. Gave up the CR-12 or w/e. Went back to my cult, banged Kylee. Mission over. No mention of con artists... kinda wish for more challenge. But wanted to try something diff...

how'd ya bang kylee ;p lol