"Random" Loot Problem

I dont usually come to the forums to complain but since Bioware contiunes to think this isnt a problem, here I am.

Today me (Consular) and three Jedi Knights ran four hardmodes (Battle of Ilum, False Emp, Taral V, and Kaon). We have been having this problem for some time and yet everytime this has been brought up to Bioware they simply say it is working as programed.

Here is the problem : Four hardmodes one day, all bosses down and fully cleared, ALL TROOPER DROPS. Its ridiculous. One hardmode fine. Two hardmodes, ya ok getting sort of mad. FOUR HARDMODES and it is 100% Trooper drops, and yet when I reported it all they said was "It is randomly generated and working as programmed."

Umm hello?!?! Randomly generated doesnt not mean 100% Trooper drops in four hardmodes. Has anyone else had this problem? Because I know tons of people who have been having this problem on my server. It is getting really really annoying when we are trying to gear eachother up and zero drops help us progress our characters.... This is a problem! That is not "randomly" generated if I havent gotten a non-trooper drop in the last 6 or 7 hardmodes. FIX IT.

Currently the loot system is on RNG meaning random number generator. It is a 'pray to the gods' system that will be removed in 1.2 and will take into account group composition to dictate drops.

This problem needed to be fixed yesterday, This is sad. Lets give These two jedi's and commandos smuggler gear. Makes Bioware look lazy if you ask me.

This problem needed to be fixed yesterday, This is sad. Lets give These two jedi's and commandos smuggler gear. Makes Bioware look lazy if you ask me.

There is nothing to fix, its called Random Loot Drops for a reason.

If they made it so each FP dropped gear useable to whom ever is in it everytime,t here'd be no reason to do FPs multiple times.

Its Random to keep people playing, to keep people doing the FPs. Sure they get old after doing it 10 times and not getting the loot, but your still playing, your not bored of it (otherwise you wouldn't be here ************ about it, you'd be elsewhere)

People need to stop complaining, RNG IS RNG Get Used to it buttercup

I toss a coin, the odds are 49.9% Heads, 49.9% Tails, and 0.2% that the coin will land on its edge in my girlfriend's cleavage.

That does not mean that I will get 1 Head, 1 Tail, 1 Head, 1 Tail... and so on. It just means that the statistical chances of getting 10 Heads in a row are pretty long.

Unless Bioware come out and say "This is the way the RNG is programmed" and give us the chance to query its seed values and decision making process, or unless we have a statistically significant data pool to work with, there is nothing we can do to prove Bioware's RNG is not working as intended.

Currently the loot system is on RNG meaning random number generator. It is a 'pray to the gods' system that will be removed in 1.2 and will take into account group composition to dictate drops.

All this. And for those complaining about RNG, go take a statistics class to understand random number theory.

Can't wait for 1.2 and the new threads whining about how they can't gear their companions because everyone needs the loot.....

• 3 weeks later...
Loot drops from endgame activities, such as Operations and Flashpoints, now take group composition into account.

They only said that it would take into account what classes were in the group, it didn't say that it was going to drop gear for them. Apparently they are just taking the group composition into account to guarantee that the classes in the FP/OP don't get anything.

They only said that it would take into account what classes were in the group, it didn't say that it was going to drop gear for them. Apparently they are just taking the group composition into account to guarantee that the classes in the FP/OP don't get anything.

Lol, yeah, I suppose, "taking into account" is open to a wide range of interpretations.

Hahaha, zing!!!

It is a 'pray to the gods' system that will be removed in 1.2 and will take into account group composition to dictate drops.

Can't wait for 1.2 and the new threads whining about how they can't gear their companions because everyone needs the loot.....

I'm guessing the OP didn't know it was being addressed in the next patch, especially since she confessed she doesn't come to these forums often.

Well, so much for that...

Yeah, did EV hard mode last night - lots of smuggler drops (including chest), no smuggler in group, wunderbar!

The smart loot system in 1.2 needs more smarts.

So, if I told you that I did EC last night and we had very mixed drops, not all one class, would you tell me I am lying? Loot is like this sometimes. Sometimes, we get all Aim gear with no bounty hunter in a group, other times it is all sorc gear(my guildie friend has 4 piece healing and dps rakata), other times it is very mixed. It is the very definition of random

So, if I told you that I did EC last night and we had very mixed drops, not all one class, would you tell me I am lying? Loot is like this sometimes. Sometimes, we get all Aim gear with no bounty hunter in a group, other times it is all sorc gear(my guildie friend has 4 piece healing and dps rakata), other times it is very mixed. It is the very definition of random

The fact that so many people can come on here and complain that this 100% system of giving gear for the odd class out pretty well proves this is not random. We see a distinct pattern meaning not random.

The simple answer is BW done goofed on the "smart" loot system, to think it's random with such a drastic pattern emerging is plain ridiculous.

Me and my guild mates ran all 8 HM's one after the other last night. All 4 of us were bounty hunters and the drops were roughly 75% bounty hunter gear. I'd say that the only changes that were made is a slight sway in the loot tables drop rates depending on group composition.