Species!!!!!

seimzy

Well the current species are pretty cool already but personally i'd like to see the Weequay, Torgruta, Nautolans, and maybe even the Iktotchi or would be cool to see the Yuuzhan Vong :D!!! your thoughts?? Edited by seimzy

• 2 months later...
Kaleesh as a playable race k thanks :p

agree with that they'd be cool, so would playing as a deveronian. It'd be kind of cool to play as a smaller species as well, like an ortolan, jawa or ugnaught. although how you'd make one jawa look different from another would be interesting

This game took over SWG, at least at first.

The first thing they should have done - was include all races from the game it was taking over - period.

With the exception of Wookiee; all other species can speak basic or Huttese. If you're truely an Alien player, that would not bother you in the slightest and you'd get to look how you want.

I am a little put off by the lack of speed of adding new races though. They have several options and they aren't adding them at an acceptable rate - the Free-to-play update is the perfect chance to add in the new races for 500 cartel coins (the amount we get for FREE if paying subs).

Actually I think that being able to chose for your toon to speak huttese would be great. And yes - we need more species and more facial features to chose from. We REALLY need this. Or at least I do ;).

I was heavily disapointed when I learned that TOR won't feature Rodians as playable species. They seemed like an obvious choice to me.

Hell yes we need more races, Without a doubt Nautolan should be top on the list. Kit Fisto is the man, and who doesnt wanna play a green jedi nautolan , n possibly be able to wield and fight (lightsaber battle) under water. :D . Theres about a million Nautolan NPCs in the game i dnt see it being hard implementing them in

But Droid as playable means no Jedi/Sith for that, and given how clunky the Humanoid droid move probably not Smuggler either, since they rely on agility for gunslinging.

The Droid Commandos from the Clone Wars were pretty agile, and IG-88 had extremely fast reflexes. And while he wasn't a Jedi or Sith, General Grievous fought with lightsabers. I know he was a cyborg, but it stands to reason a droid could also.

I would love to see the Draethos, Kaleesh, Rodians, Droids, Ithorians, Utapauns, Togruta, Kel Dor, Trandoshans, Bith, and Gand as playable races. However there are some races, in my opinion, that just shouldn't be playable. Like Jawas, Tusken Raiders, Wookies, Ewoks, Yoda's Species, or Hutts (for obvious reasons). It just wouldn't seem right. Being able to play a Yoda or a Wookie would ruin the whole atmosphere around them. Imagine hundreds of Yoda's running around, it would be awful.

Edited by Anonemous

The Droid Commandos from the Clone Wars were pretty agile, and IG-88 had extremely fast reflexes. And while he wasn't a Jedi or Sith, General Grievous fought with lightsabers. I know he was a cyborg, but it stands to reason a droid could also.

I would love to see the Draethos, Kaleesh, Rodians, Droids, Ithorians, Utapauns, Togruta, Kel Dor, Trandoshans, Bith, and Gand as playable races. However there are some races, in my opinion, that just shouldn't be playable. Like Jawas, Tusken Raiders, Wookies, Ewoks, Yoda's Species, or Hutts (for obvious reasons). It just wouldn't seem right. Being able to play a Yoda or a Wookie would ruin the whole atmosphere around them. Imagine hundreds of Yoda's running around, it would be awful.

The clone wars is in the future with respects to this game, period droids tend to be clunky and slow, imagine playing as C3-P0, slow and annoying. Greivous could use lightsabers but not Force powers, droids do not connect to the force, and a Jedi or Sith without the force is not much fun.

I agree more races would be fun, and I love the idea of Imperials be swarmed by hundreds of trooper "Yoda's". Out of interest what is Yoda's race called, please someone tell me?

I just read the lastest TOR book Annihilation and it features non human non playable species very heavily. Kel'dor and Falleen. Now I dont know if the development team at ToR had anything to say about the characters in the book but as one of the main issues with alien species was always stated that the books all forcus on humans and aliens are just side kicks maybe this means we will get Kel'dor and Falleen added to playabe species. I also noticed that in the ToR enyclopedia there are a lot of mentions to aliens joing the empire and in Section X Imps are told that loyal Trandosians who have joined the empire need to be freed. Maybe we are seeing a shift in the idea that the only hero is a near human?

The clone wars is in the future with respects to this game, period droids tend to be clunky and slow, imagine playing as C3-P0, slow and annoying. Greivous could use lightsabers but not Force powers, droids do not connect to the force, and a Jedi or Sith without the force is not much fun.

I agree more races would be fun, and I love the idea of Imperials be swarmed by hundreds of trooper "Yoda's". Out of interest what is Yoda's race called, please someone tell me?

I realize Droids don't have force powers, and therefore can't be Jedi or Sith. But you could still play a Droid with lightsabers, which I agree would be pretty stupid, but it can still be done. C3PO is a protocol Droid, so I wouldn't expect much agility from him, but I see no reason why Droids of this era must be slow and clunky. Look at the HK assassin droids, they seem to be able to perform at levels similar too Imperial Agents and Troopers, so why couldn't droids be a playable race for non-force wielding classes?

Science doesn't advance much in the Star Wars universe, the era our game takes place in is pretty much just as advanced as the era the movies take place in. I believe they have a sci-fi name for this type of society, one where its so advanced that the evolution of technology comes to a near halt, but whatever it is slips my minds.

Yoda's race has no name, on the wookiepedia there simply called "Yoda's Species". Perhaps casual gamers would think its cool to have a bunch of Wookie smugglers and cute Ewok Jedi or Yoda troopers. However it would feel lore-breaking and remove from the realistic Star Wars atmosphere of the game, and the mystery behind the species, in my opinion. It would be better to add more common and mainstream races such as Rodians and Togruta.

Edited by Anonemous