Conquest: Will it always be 3 planets each week?

UlaVii

Hi, today is the 2nd of the new "Random Conquests" and like last week it is also has just 3 planets. "Total Galactic War" used to have 13. Will it always be 3 planets each week?

Also, have you removed all the separate faction invasions? Like there used to be Balmorra (Imp) and Balmorra (Rep).

Edit: The separate faction question was answered by AlainaFlute:

For Taris, if you are on Imp side you will only see the Imp guilds invading. If you switch to your Pub toon, You will only see the Pub guilds invading it. Both sides can still invade it.
Edited by UlaVii

Hey folks,

Previously, Conquests were very homogenized in that there was very little diversity among each week.

-eric

If conquest was homogenized before, what do you call it's current condition? Always 15k points, always 3 planets, where is the diversity you speak of exactly?

Edited by Gelious

Wow, only 3 planets on TGW? Please confirm this is a bug. If there are only 3 planets on TGW that officially marks the end of crafting participation for small/medium/medium-large guilds. Hundreds of guilds are excluded, like 5 guilds can participate.

If anything you should change EVERY craft week to have 13+ planets, and return crafting war supplies to how it was before or even cheaper/easier (not harder).

I'm not sure you have thought this through, some small/medium guilds prepare for 6-12 months for TGW, you really want to remove something like 80% of players from needing to have hours and hours of playtime to prepare? Thought you would want to increase things for people to do not eliminate. I really hope this is a bug.

I mean really, the changes to the requirements of war supplies benefits big guilds, and then remove even the chance for small guilds to participate. Great move.

Edited by Stellarcrusade

I don't think that they can answer your question, Ula. The intern from the Anthem team didn't tell them what he coded. It's all surprises for the team now every Tuesday (unless RNG offers them a repetion of a previous conquest).

Wow, only 3 planets on TGW? Please confirm this is a bug. If there are only 3 planets on TGW that officially marks the end of crafting participation for small/medium/medium-large guilds. Hundreds of guilds are excluded, like 5 guilds can participate.

And the "tiered planet" system qualifies for the "EPIC FAIL" award and the "That's a giant shipload of FAIL you have there" bonus award. On The Leviathan tonight, Taris ("big") has one guild, Nar ("medium") has three, and Quesh ("small") has ... more than ten, including some of the largest guilds on the server.

If conquest waw homogenized before, what do you call it's current condition? Always 15k points, always 3 planets, where is the diversity you speak of exactly?

Don't fight it, this new system of conquest is diverse, just like the RNG gearing system is exciting. :rolleyes:

It's a simple concept, consider the players voices as important and don't fix what is not broken.

Hey, at least the cartel market will offer specific items so you can buy them easier individually.

I am all for multi-tasking and handling different priorities at once, but by not addressing the conquest horror show with significant changes it comes off as disrespectful and apathetic to push out a yellow texted post about CM changes that are being implemented when the actual gameplay of the game has been compromised to the point people are quitting it.

Come on Eric, this happened with 5.0, the same thing happened and I personally quit back then as well as many others due to the same apathetic response from you guys not acknowledging and rectifying the damage you did with that patch trying to fix something that was not broken.

I just got back, and see the same pattern here. You guys are giving the people what they DONT want, then refuse to make significant changes to address major errors in judgement in the proper time before people feel disrespected and unappreciated.

For Taris, if you are on Imp side you will only see the Imp guilds invading. If you switch to your Pub toon, You will only see the Pub guilds invading it. Both sides can still invade it.

Thanks, I updated the first post.

The main question still remains as to whether it will continue to be 3 planets but only time will tell...or a producer :p

• Dev Post
Hi, today is the 2nd of the new "Random Conquests" and like last week it is also has just 3 planets. "Total Galactic War" used to have 13. Will it always be 3 planets each week?

Also, have you removed all the separate faction invasions? Like there used to be Balmorra (Imp) and Balmorra (Rep).

Edit: The separate faction question was answered by AlainaFlute:

In the current plan it will be 3 planets each week. Like all things though, let us know your thoughts! (Also getting this post on the devtracker to highlight the answer to your second question)

Thanks.

-eric

If anything you should change EVERY craft week to have 13+ planets, and return crafting war supplies to how it was before or even cheaper/easier (not harder).

Don't worry, the only repeat 'crafting' this week is legacy a day invasion forces and donating 10 invasion forces, you know for 513 points. :/

In the current plan it will be 3 planets each week. Like all things though, let us know your thoughts!

Sorry but I think it is an absolutely terrible idea. Weeks like this one used to be with 13 planets were some smaller guilds best opportunity at getting planets. Now you have cut down their chances significantly. You really need to have 5+ planets each week so people can spread out.

Since a lot of the drive has been to make conquest more achievable for smaller guilds, why not just give us access to every planet every week. The objectives can change each week as they currently do so there will still be an element of planning in there i.e. "we'll go for Section X next time when there is a PvP orientated conquest week".

Hey Dev Team:

My concern about conquest only being 3 planets is due to the behavior of the larger guilds...I play on the Star Forge server and 2-3 guilds tend to dominate conquest and will stay out of each other's way if it can be helped... I noticed Unchained Wrath, You Ain't Sith, and other amazingly well organized guilds like them simply go after other planets that they won't have to fight too hard to win...(almost as if they have a gentleman's agreement). Having about 9 planets would fix a lot of that so the better conquest guilds will go after larger yield planets.... 3 to each yield would help the make things more competetive....

In the current plan it will be 3 planets each week. Like all things though, let us know your thoughts! (Also getting this post on the devtracker to highlight the answer to your second question)

Thanks.

-eric

You have over 100 pages of our thoughts - that you have deliberately and studiously ignored - this new Conquest is a p.o.s and needs to be reverted to a system that was fun, varied, more inclusive and more rewarding.

All The Best

Thanks.

-eric

I think only 3 planets will hurt some folks that are going for titles. If it is going to be 3 only, then don't be lazy. come up with different names and descriptions...."total galactic war" would be more than 3 planets....that's not even a minor skirmish

Thanks.

-eric

We’ve all let you know our thoughts in the other thread. Many of us have been saying the same things to you (100 pages) and you aren’t listening or you are just ignoring 90% of it for “what you want” us to have and not “what we want” to have,

Why should we believe this statement and waste our time with feed back if it gets ignored or put in the too hard basket.

Your communication, which was “going to be better”, is actually getting worse. How about a two way discussion with the players and some acknowledgment of just how bad players find this system. A good start is saying you messed up and then we’ll move forward from there.

If you want our feedback to make the game better and for us to actually play and pay for it, then you need to actually listen to it. Otherwise we are blowing hot air and wasting our precious time providing feedback or even playing the game.

We’ve all let you know our thoughts in the other thread. Many of us have been saying the same things to you (100 pages) and you aren’t listening or you are just ignoring 90% of it for “what you want” us to have and not “what we want” to have,

Why should we believe this statement and waste our time with feed back if it gets ignored or put in the too hard basket.

Your communication, which was “going to be better”, is actually getting worse. How about a two way discussion with the players and some acknowledgment of just how bad players find this system. A good start is saying you messed up and then we’ll move forward from there.

If you want our feedback to make the game better and for us to actually play and pay for it, then you need to actually listen to it. Otherwise we are blowing hot air and wasting our precious time providing feedback or even playing the game.

They're doing what my grandfather used to do to my grandmother when she started rambling: Turned his deaf ear towards her. In this case, though, it would be they're reading the forums with their blind eye.

Thanks.

-eric

My thoughts? "What the heck were they THINKING?" All you've done is limited the playing field even more.

So not only is it just three planets but it looks like the same planets will be classified Large, Medium, Small...so my small PvP guild can only invade a third of a third of the planets we used to be able to. And none of the Objective changes have changed what I do to earn points in the slightest.

Yeah for diversity. If you're a hammer I guess everything looks like a nail.

Because of the whining and complaining of the smaller guilds, we now have a terrible new conquest system. Thanks for that guys! It's called "Conquest" for a reason! If you want to be competitive, build up your guild, get organized, and recruit your butts off. I know this isn't a popular opinion, but I'm sick of the complaining coming from the smaller guilds! If you want the goodies (encryptions), get more active people in your guild. Or, you could throw a couple toons in the big guilds and farm your encryptions that way.

And the "tiered planet" system qualifies for the "EPIC FAIL" award and the "That's a giant shipload of FAIL you have there" bonus award. On The Leviathan tonight, Taris ("big") has one guild, Nar ("medium") has three, and Quesh ("small") has ... more than ten, including some of the largest guilds on the server.

the group finder is not working no rewards and no credit moving to complete 5 and searching for allies broke as well

Since 5.0 the developers have been killing this game off... after their latest debacle in the conquest revamp I will no longer be renewing my subscription. Good bye everyone it's been fun. And developers nice try but you failed worse than the clones that got rejected on kamino. :mad::mad::mad:

Rest in peace SWTOR I will have fond memories before 5.0

The only way I will renew the subscription is if the game gets rolled back to 4.9

With only 3 planets that means only 2 guilds will get to participate in conquest planet takeovers. One will get 2 planets with their imp and pub side guilds, and the other will get the 3rd planet.

Should make a planet conquest takeover value like the minimum is to replace #1 competition like you replaced top10 competition, and then return repeatable easy cheap war supplies.