Server Pop and You. (Lets make it happen)

SpitFireKell

Greetings fellow players and gamers,

As you all may know, the server populations have been down significantly from their previous numbers at the launch. BW has stated that mergers and transfers are coming soon, but most players would agree that BW's definition of soon and the players’ definition is probably not the same.

However, let’s face it, we wanted a Star Wars MMO and BW and EA had the balls to attempt it, granted we may have done some things differently. Still, I think we should cut them a little slack, it's not like we're being ignored, it’s just some understaffing issues (most likely).

So here is what I propose; let's take some control here. I am going to start with the PvP East servers and hopefully others will take the initiative and organize their own manual mergers.

There are 27 servers that fall into this category, including The Fatman. In order complete this merger there must be some compromises. Yes, it does suck, and yes you are going to have to reroll. But at least it's now and not after the next patch, truly, the sooner, the better. This will have a great impact on the overall quality of the game. So don't waste any more time and just reroll. Take your whole guild with you too. Maybe the free char transfer will be up soon and you will get your char back, or maybe you just reroll the same class and say, "eff it." W/e you choose, as long as you DO IT!

Here’s how it’s going to work; I am going to list the servers that are low pop and request that players move to specified higher pop servers (this is so that the least number of people may have to reroll).

-Anchorhead, Belgoth's Beacon, Bondar Crystal, and Cho Mai players should move to Darth Malak.

-Davik's Estate, Death Wind Corridor, Firkrann Crystal, Gardens of Talla, and Hedarr Soongh players should move to Helm of Graush.

-Infinity Gate, Kinrath Spider, Naddist Rebels, and Port Nowhere players should move to Iron Citadel.

-Prophecy of the Five, Rwookrrorro, Sword of Ajunta Pall, and Terentatek players should move to Saber of Exar Kun.

And finally,

-The Twin Spears, Thendys Noori , Veela, Vulkar Highway players should all move to The Deadweight.

It is up to you now. I hope the other servers will follow suit. For those of you on servers that I requested to move, lets really take this game into the players hands and show the rest of the gaming community how we REALLY can make the difference. I thank you for your sacrifice to make this the game that WE WANT.

Good luck, and may the force be with you. (Sorry couldn’t resist :-p)

***EDIT***

Look, it's already happening. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=359784

Edited by SpitFireKell

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm from Kinrath Spider and i'm up for this.

But i'd like to see some more commitment from the rest of the community before i rerroll in Iron Council.

Edited by spne

You assume the majority of players read the forums. They do not. The majority of players are casual players who play a couple of hours a week around their regular life commitments. They wouldn't participate in the forums under the best of circumstances, and they certainly would not bother with this particular forum, given the level of hatred and lack of civility. And should they read the forums, I'm fairly certain the majority of players have no idea what you are talking about. Edited by Kthx

You assume the majority of players read the forums. They do not. The majority of players are casual players who play a couple of hours a week around their regular life commitments. They wouldn't participate in the forums under the best of circumstances, and they certainly would not bother with this particular forum, given the level of hatred and lack of civility. And should they read the forums, I'm fairly certain the majority of players have no idea what you are talking about.

Thank you sir, I forgot to mention this.

Not only are do I request that the players from the specified "to move" servers actually move, but plaese SPAM the crap out of which server you are to move to. This will help the poulation flow as not all players read the forums.

Edited by SpitFireKell

I can represent Infinity Gate numbers right now, and inform you that it's a decent POP server. peak hours have 100+ on Fleet (sith) and off hours are 50-70 fleet.

but I rerolled from Sword of Anjunta Pall (which I left a 50 BH on there and he's cold and lonely) and I'm NOT rerollin. I'll wait for server move if I need to move. I have 6 toons currently and 3 of them are 50.

I'd rather play GTN with myself then reroll on a new server at this time.

The game is fine. There is nothing wrong with the game population. This game is absolutely perfect and it's your fault for not enjoying it. BW created the best game of a decade and you dare speak against it?! What's wrong with you? What are you still doing here? Go! Shoo! Unsub!

BW is God.

This. If you didn't roll on Fatman its YOUR fault.

They just need to start merging servers and opening Free Xfers.

And then closing dead servers. They just started this game with too many servers, they should have more slots per server and not so many realms.

Most of the people who would re-roll have already done so.

Fatman for East Coasters.

Harbringer for West Coasters.

Freedon Nadd for Euro's.

Dalborra for Asia/Pacific.

I dont know why so many seem to overlook Ajunta Pall being that it is westcoast and is not only PvP but RP as well and one of the heavier servers out there with great balance in Repub and Empire.

Not only are do I request that the players from the specified "to move" servers actually move, but plaese SPAM the crap out of which server you are to move to. This will help the poulation flow as not all players read the forums.

The casual player does not read General Chat, for the same reasons they don't read the General Discussion forum.

I dont know why so many seem to overlook Ajunta Pall being that it is westcoast and is not only PvP but RP as well and one of the heavier servers out there with great balance in Repub and Empire.

Because it's population doesn't come close to Harbringer.

PvE Servers or PvP servers mean nothing in this game. Absolutely nothing.

Add in Ajunta being a RP server (And I've heard about strict rules on those servers) and it makes it undesirable.

Better to role on the higher pop server, as Ajunta Pall is on shaky ground imo.

I agree with post but u cant say they made too many servers. no way they would have known the exact amount of players that would have subscribed but yeh i agree with the community self merging instead of waiting on BW

Most of the people who would re-roll have already done so.

Fatman for East Coasters.

Harbringer for West Coasters.

Freedon Nadd for Euro's.

Dalborra for Asia/Pacific.

Canderous Ordo for East coast PvEers, Fatman is for pvpers

i rerolled to CO

I agree with post but u cant say they made too many servers. no way they would have known the exact amount of players that would have subscribed but yeh i agree with the community self merging instead of waiting on BW

Of course they know how many players are going to play and how many are not playing anymore. Either way they need to start working on merges and free transfers ASAP.

I believe they are waiting for 1.2 to see how many will return before going for merges or xfers since those are signals of huge problems in a MMO.

If any server merges are to be done there's the right way of doing it. First BW needs to create new servers and allow players from the pool of servers to be merged to move to those new servers. That will ensure active accounts get priority.

Because it's population doesn't come close to Harbringer.

PvE Servers or PvP servers mean nothing in this game. Absolutely nothing.

Add in Ajunta being a RP server (And I've heard about strict rules on those servers) and it makes it undesirable.

Better to role on the higher pop server, as Ajunta Pall is on shaky ground imo.

RP is optional and PvP open world while not too often is again a plus,so two pluses right there imo,so i would hardly call that shaky ground if anything it gives more options,plus there is a very heavy populace there and very balanced i really dont know where you get the strict rules from,i havent seen it.

Canderous Ordo for East coast PvEers, Fatman is for pvpers

i rerolled to CO

The type of server doesn't matter in this game outside of Roleplaying with their rumored strict rules.

You play on a PvP server, I bet you don't even notice a difference.

The type of server doesn't matter in this game outside of Roleplaying with their rumored strict rules.

I see plenty of Open PvP in the Fatman, specially in Tatooine. I don't think this kind of world pvp would happen in a PvE server but i can agree that most of the game is so instanced that you would barely notice it.

RP is optional and PvP open world while not too often is again a plus,so two pluses right there imo,so i would hardly call that shaky ground if anything it gives more options,plus there is a very heavy populace there and very balanced i really dont know where you get the strict rules from,i havent seen it.

I heard of people having names changed/being banned for not role-playing.

This was back in January, so maybe as the population fell, so did the strictness.

Anywho, to amend it:

East Coast:

Fatman (PvP)

Canderous Ordo (PvP

Fatman is the more populated (By a fairly significant amount) but CO is the next best choice.

West Coast:

Swiftsure (PvP)

Harbringer (PvE)

Harbringer is the more populated (By a slight margin) but you can't go wrong with either of those. Be mindful of Swiftsure however, they have a sizable Asia/Pacific population that might be moving to Asia/Pacific servers (Unless this already happened) Pick Harbringer to be sure.

Euro (English):

Tomb of Freedon Nadd (PvP)

The Red Eclipse (PvE)

Both are English servers. Tomb Of Freedon Nadd is far more populated, but The Red Eclipse is the next best server for all Europe (But again, both are English servers).

Asia/Pacific:

Master Dar'Nalla (PvP)

Dalborra (PvE)

Dalborra is the more populated server (Slightly). Being that there are only three servers here, it isn't that big of a deal. Gav Dragon has a marginal population decrease between these two, but it's the only Role-Playing server.

Edited by Azumio

They just need to start merging servers and opening Free Xfers.

And then closing dead servers. They just started this game with too many servers, they should have more slots per server and not so many realms.

Indeed on the to many servers part, but i think there are way to many issues when merging servers, Legacy names, Char names to name a few, sounds like a nightmare to handle honestly...

Indeed on the to many servers part, but i think there are way to many issues when merging servers, Legacy names, Char names to name a few, sounds like a nightmare to handle honestly...

Its not a nightmare and its not that hard .Its no diffrent then changing servers without legacy names .If the names taken make a new one just that simple. And if you dont want to change your legacy name dont change servers. Stay in your wasteland and carve it onto the many empty walls of your fleet.

it matters to me, i dont like having the chance of getting ganked if im out questing. id rather not take the chance.