So what is supposed to be the normal progression path for PVE?

Are we supposed to be running the level 50 instances then move to hard modes? Or is it normal 50s -> normal raids -> hard modes/heroics. Also any explanation of the PvE gearing system whatsoever would be awesome. Tionese crystals, commendations? Locations, means of acquiring, etc.

PVE progression is broken.. Farm WZ's for a few days and with some luck you'll have nearly a full set of lvl 56 gear. By lvl 56 I mean the mods are equivalent to Mod level 56, with crafted Mod 22's being lvl 50.

To actually attempt to answer your question though...

Jump into hard modes withquesting gear imo, if you are having trouble with enrage timers make sure you have lvl 50 artifact hilts/barrels in your weapons, doing a few normals for quick gear couldn't hurt. With some hard mode gear you can start normal raids,then move on to more difficult tiers of raiding.

PVE progression is broken.. Farm WZ's for a few days and with some luck you'll have nearly a full set of lvl 56 gear. By lvl 56 I mean the mods are equivalent to Mod level 56, with crafted Mod 22's being lvl 50.

To actually attempt to answer your question though...

Jump into hard modes withquesting gear imo, if you are having trouble with enrage timers make sure you have lvl 50 artifact hilts/barrels in your weapons, doing a few normals for quick gear couldn't hurt. With some hard mode gear you can start normal raids,then move on to more difficult tiers of raiding.

I can confirm that this is BAD advice. You need higher gear levels to complete all the hard mode instances except Black Talon/Esseles and The False Emperor. Most of Boarding Party is a joke, but the last boss is impossible without raid gear or a very specific group composition and a crazy chain taunt offtank strategy.

In all actuality, it seems normal EV precedes most hard mode flashpoints in difficulty.

Edited by Lord_Itharius

Normal mode LVL 50 flashpoints -> armoring/mods/enhancements from Ilum/Belsavis dailies -> HM Flashpoints

Granted, our group didn't do the 1st part, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the intended gearing route outside of PvP gear. We can clear all HM flashpoints within 3 hours on a daily basis now that we've gotten the hang of it.

The last boss in Boarding Party isn't that difficult if you use the correct strat, which is to kill the healer first then the melee then Jorland as the shield the melee puts on Jorland reduces his outgoing damage.

Also your heals needs to be ace as there is a lot of damage going out.

I've healed it with mostly blue mods and enhancements on my gear with a couple of epics in between.

I would like to see more difficult bosses in the HM's as most of them are pushovers and hard modes should be HARD not free loot.

Totally agreed with Mercarcher, on top of that some encounters in Hardmode Flashpoints

are still glitched/bugged sometimes.

Champion gear is also viable for normal Operations, and probably even for Hardmode.

Just have to be lucky with the rng on the bags.