Valor Points

Beniboybling

How exactly do they work? I always find that by valor points bar reaches full and then stays there for a long time before finally going up to the next lvl seemingly randomly. And then fills really quick again and repeats the process.

Is this normal? From what exactly do I gain valour points?

They remove valor from Ilum kills? Did not know this. I know you can still grab the valor buff from Ilum.

Ilum kills still give you valor gain message. I did not test if it actually increase, but the buffs as well as the notification you get from each kill still is there

One thing a lot of people seem to not realize though is that even though it maxes at your current level... it DOES stack. So don't feel like that valor is going to waste. The valor earned will carry on into your next level.

I don't think that is true.

One thing a lot of people seem to not realize though is that even though it maxes at your current level... it DOES stack. So don't feel like that valor is going to waste. The valor earned will carry on into your next level.

I have never seen this officially quoted anywhere but after leveling 4 toons to 50, the valor sure seems to fly by pretty damn fast. I would hit 35 and after 1 or 2 wins it seems my valor bar is almost full again.

Sorry but this is bullcrap.

You guys can test it....I level with mostly PvP and my valor pretty much remains capped at my level. I'd like anyone to explain how I have had over a half a bar of valor into my next level IMMEDIATELY upon leveling.

I've made a point of checking my valor after leveling and have been far into the next valor level instantly. I've only tested this for a similar argument with guild mates who didn't think it was true either.

I'll try to catch it on my stream this week with one of my sub 50 characters that way it's recorded.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

You guys can test it....I level with mostly PvP and my valor pretty much remains capped at my level. I'd like anyone to explain how I have had over a half a bar of valor into my next level IMMEDIATELY upon leveling.

I've made a point of checking my valor after leveling and have been far into the next valor level instantly. I've only tested this for a similar argument with guild mates who didn't think it was true either.

I'll try to catch it on my stream this week with one of my sub 50 characters that way it's recorded.

This is wrong, it just takes so little valor that if you level up in a pvp match the valor from that match carries over. Until about valor rank 45 it takes no more then 2 wins to gain a rank of valor.

It only maxes to you character level, once you hit 50, it can max to 100.

In short, if you're level 35, the max valor you can have is 35, until you hit 36...and so on, and so on.

Ok, i see. Any idea how long it would take for me to get from 50 valour to 60, so i can get battlemaster gear? I assume it doesn't increase at quickly as before.

It's because the valor you receive from the match in which you level is already applied to the next level. But it's just the valor from that match. As you said you get out of a match and your valor bar is 1/2 full. If it was actually stacking you would get out of the match and it would be completely full, and when you dinged 50 you would see it jump up to like VL 54. It only takes like 3 matches to max valor level even at mid 40's, so it would make sense that as you leave the match you have 1/3 of your progress to the next level. Just as it also makes sense that if it only takes 3 matches to max valor, but 10 matches to go up a level you would have a LOT more saved up than just 1/3-1/2 of your next level if you in fact had 40 levels worth of stacking going on.

Edited by criminalheretic

It's because the valor you receive from the match in which you level is already applied to the next level. But it's just the valor from that match. As you said you get out of a match and your valor bar is 1/2 full. If it was actually stacking you would get out of the match and it would be completely full, and when you dinged 50 you would see it jump up to like VL 54. It only takes like 3 matches to max valor level even at mid 40's, so it would make sense that as you leave the match you have 1/3 of your progress to the next level. Just as it also makes sense that if it only takes 3 matches to max valor, but 10 matches to go up a level you would have a LOT more saved up than just 1/3-1/2 of your next level if you in fact had 40 levels worth of stacking going on.

That would make sense. But is valor that easily obtainable that you can literally get half a bar from one match? I've had this happen... more than once. I assumed it had some kind of cap but beyond your level, or even a DR to where you're getting SOME of the valor past your level stacked but not all of it. It seems like a little much to have about a half bar into the next level.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

This is wrong, it just takes so little valor that if you level up in a pvp match the valor from that match carries over. Until about valor rank 45 it takes no more then 2 wins to gain a rank of valor.

That kinda answers that.... I guess I never noticed how easy valor is to get. Seemed a little excessive to level and instantly be half way into my next level. It only seemed logical that it was stacking. Of course with how much PvP I do I've never paid that much attention to it at higher levels. Pretty much stays maxed.

That kinda answers that.... I guess I never noticed how easy valor is to get. Seemed a little excessive to level and instantly be half way into my next level. It only seemed logical that it was stacking. Of course with how much PvP I do I've never paid that much attention to it at higher levels. Pretty much stays maxed.

Damnit. I was totally ready to jump in their and forum PvP wreck you, but I actually read the whole topic and kept myself from posting something stupid. Heh.

Damnit. I was totally ready to jump in their and forum PvP wreck you, but I actually read the whole topic and kept myself from posting something stupid. Heh.

LOL... it cracks me up how much people enjoy telling someone they're wrong over the internet. :D

I don't get it... it's one thing to inform, but another attempt to crush someone's ego and dance on their self esteem. Seems like that's the goal. I don't take a bunch of strangers on the internet very seriously and could care less but I seem to be the minority. :p

I guess I have been guilty of it from time to time tho... I guess the troll inside never dies. ;)

Edited by UGLYMRJ

LOL... it cracks me up how much people enjoy telling someone they're wrong over the internet. :D

I don't get it... it's one thing to inform, but another attempt to crush someone's ego and dance on their self esteem. Seems like that's the goal. I don't take a bunch of strangers on the internet very seriously and could care less but I seem to be the minority. :p

I guess I have been guilty of it from time to time tho... I guess the troll inside never dies. ;)

Meh, I don't troll. I just like correcting people.

Meh, I don't troll. I just like correcting people.

I meant me... I used to kill a lot of time at work trolling other sites and forums. I can't lie... it was fun but I guess I've officially become an old guy... the novelty has worn off. :D

Edited by UGLYMRJ

• 8 months later...
Some one please tell me that there's another way to gain Valor points. Every round I only get like 1/4 of a notch. I'm guessing Valor now has been nerfed? It's taken me two months just to get from V51 to V52, is there a another way to get valor for those of up who don't like PvP? Edited by DEMarq

Some one please tell me that there's another way to gain Valor points. Every round I only get like 1/4 of a notch. I'm guessing Valor now has been nerfed? It's taken me two months just to get from V51 to V52, is there a another way to get valor for those of up who don't like PvP?

I dunno, would you gain reduced valor unsubbed like you gain reduced everything else? Moot if you're subbed, but just throwing it out there. EDIT: Derp, if you're posting here I guess you must be subbed. Never mind.

To piggyback on this necro a bit, I am Valor 30 at level 30, but I also do PvE/Flashpoints to level. Assuming I do a good bit of PvP but also do my story missions and flashpoints, would I be "on target" for having Valor 40 (to start converting WZ comms) early enough?

Edited by Sarielle

You cannot have a higher valor rank than your level, with the exception at 55 you can get your valor level to 100.

As long as you do a couple of WZs while you are questing you should be able to keep pace between your valor and level so when you hit 40 you can start trading in your WZ comms for RWZ comms. You can gauge how much your valor bar goes up each match, in pre-55s it is usually 1/8 - 1/4 per match depending on how many votes you got.