Can we revert IO Merc DPS nerfs pls

brishae

I heard they are going to make Trauma Regulators do nothing twice as much as than before. As long as you still don't hit them with direct damage. HUGE HUGE nerf. Basically they're going to put a circle around the Merc while Trauma Regulators is up. And if they don't take any direct damage they will receive 0x2 heals. I know. That's gonna be LEGIT!!!

Straight outta 5.0!!!!!

I heard they are going to make Trauma Regulators do nothing twice as much as than before. As long as you still don't hit them with direct damage. HUGE HUGE nerf. Basically they're going to put a circle around the Merc while Trauma Regulators is up. And if they don't take any direct damage they will receive 0x2 heals. I know. That's gonna be LEGIT!!!

Straight outta 5.0!!!!!

Even if you follow this nonsense about "Don't hit mercs while this and that is up" they get 12 seconds of not being hit + 6 more seconds of not being hit and then heal to 70% afterwards. when you actually start hitting them.

it's ridiculous that some people still try to say that merc's DCDs are fair and fine. It blows my mind how delusional you are.

Even if you follow this nonsense about "Don't hit mercs while this and that is up" they get 12 seconds of not being hit + 6 more seconds of not being hit and then heal to 70% afterwards. when you actually start hitting them.

it's ridiculous that some people still try to say that merc's DCDs are fair and fine. It blows my mind how delusional you are.

well some people think range that can dps up 30m away should also be able to face tanking people and have higher dps numbers then melee that have to stay less then 4m to dps, there is alot delusion going around alot that been started by bw in first place

Edited by Kyuuu

I do follow that nonsense. In fact i subscribe to it. Mainly for one reason. It works. I can think of a dozen different things i can do in 12 seconds that are better than healing my opponent. And not one of them was to come here to the forums. I assure you the merc will not heal up to 70% afterwards. Cause you don't hit them. And if you do hit them use AOE. 12 seconds is not a lot of time. A standard cc last 8 seconds.

Or Trauma Regulators can be removed from the game since it wasn't a needed buff to begin with. Along with the x2 Kolto up to 70%.

I get it Merc was hard prior to 5.0 for *some people* simply because they played it wrong and just face tanked and expected to do well. But grats if you finally found a class you can do well with since you never die. swtor is hard 2017

Edited by brishae

well some people think range that can dps up 30m away should also be able to face tanking people and have higher dps numbers then melee that have to stay less then 4m to dps, there is alot delusion going around alot that been started by bw in first place

Firstly, I think the DPS nerf on Mercs was appalling, and I hate Mercs.

Regarding the above quote -

Didn't you hear? Range doesn't matter. Having 7.5 times the range that melee do doesn't at all mean that being force to move by raid mechanics, or if you're slowed, or rooted, or if someone you were attacking uses Force Speed to get away from you and you can't catch up to them, or you get knocked back from more than 4, none of that matters at all.

That's why you see all Ranged players standing right next to the boss with melee DPS all the time in Raids, because, raid mechanics won't ever make you move more than 4 feet from a target anyway, and melee are not more prone to take damage from the boss whom they are standing next than say someone "fighting" from 5 blocks away.

There is no advantage had when a Sniper, or a Merc or a Sorc roots you if you are melee and they are 30' away, it's not like that would mean the melee couldn't hit them from 30' away and it's not like having attacks that have a 30' range would allow them to hit that melee they just rooted from 30' away, right?

Ranged can do the same rotation and DPS they do at 30' at 2-4' from the target as well, just like melee have to. So the reason you don't see ranged standing where the melee are standing has nothing at all to do with raid mechanics, boss AOE attacks, or the like, or because melee tend to take more damage than people fighting from 5 blocks away, it's really nothing more than a ridiculously unbelievable coincidence that they fight from 5 blocks away.

Kooky, I know.

Why would range matter at all when some people could hit other people who couldn't hit them back. That's just as brave as if they were actually in any danger. Why would having 26' more range than a melee matter in the slightest?

Ranged mean to stand next to the melee when they fight, they just always forget to actually do it =]

If it really doesn't matter at all, fight next the melee all the time, and ohh yeah, if you get forced more than 4' from the boss, stop shooting until you get back within 4', if it really doesn't matter.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

I do follow that nonsense. In fact i subscribe to it. Mainly for one reason. It works. I can think of a dozen different things i can do in 12 seconds that are better than healing my opponent. And not one of them was to come here to the forums. I assure you the merc will not heal up to 70% afterwards. Cause you don't hit them. And if you do hit them use AOE. 12 seconds is not a lot of time. A standard cc last 8 seconds.

Do you even play mercs or pvp at all? You sound like a totally clueless person. Just saying, heal to 70% comes from Kolto Overload, it lasts for 60 seconds and in these 60 seconds merc needs to take ONE hit to trigger it.

So you are just saying - never attack mercs and you'll be fine? You are either really special (read, dumb) or a troll. ;)

Dont hit them for 12 seconds is just nonsense. You realise that it makes this cooldown a 12 second 100% damage reduction... pretty OP Id say.

Please dont forget they keep doing dmg to you. Cc is not really a solution cos not every class has 8sec mezz as stated. It renders your hardstun useless if used like that and not many classes have 3 ccs to even mildly counter 3 lives Mercs get... rip solo rank ******** S8 meme season. Anyway just to be clear I think class was badly adjusted and was better before but dont care if it gets adjusted or stays same just would be good for people to get a grip and see thats its ridiculus.

Dont hit them for 12 seconds is just nonsense. You realise that it makes this cooldown a 12 second 100% damage reduction... pretty OP Id say.

Please dont forget they keep doing dmg to you. Cc is not really a solution cos not every class has 8sec mezz as stated. It renders your hardstun useless if used like that and not many classes have 3 ccs to even mildly counter 3 lives Mercs get... rip solo rank ******** S8 meme season. Anyway just to be clear I think class was badly adjusted and was better before but dont care if it gets adjusted or stays same just would be good for people to get a grip and see thats its ridiculus.

Exactly. No other class has even a half-time of merc's invincibility. The closest is sorc's barrier but during that one you can't do anything. While merc's DCDs allow him to continue doing whatever he wants. It's actually funny - in 3.0 when sorcs were insane everyone complained about their barrier as "such a long time of invincibility is too much". Now we have mercs whose defenses are 2-3 times stronger than that and there are still people saying that it is fine.

Edited by Equeliber