New pvp gamemode brainstorming, just asking for your ideas

Sangrar

Hello, my name is Spaceboomer. I am asking all of you this question: If you were to create a new mode for ground pvp, something different from warzones, open world, or arenas, what would it be? Be as imaginative as you want with these ideas, if a new type of ground pvp were to ever be added, what would YOU want to see?

I will read your replies in the morning, May the Force be with you :wea_03:

Edited by Sangrar

Pod racing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or something like capture the flag. However, THE FLAG CARRIER MUST HAVE SOME KIND OF HEALING DEBUFF, possibly stacking over time with no passing of the flag.

Podracing would be awesome. Or swoop racing.

This game needs more mini-games. Altho we did just get GSF, which is a huge mini-game. Its unlikely we see another non-WZ type player vs player environment added in the near future.

Edited by cashogy_reborn

Something like GCW2 was in SWG. Both sides use mats to build up in the building phase (vehicles,npc spawns,barriers etc) and then the combat phase with the goal of capturing a location or killing killing a boss that has a ton of HP and does serious damage. Build Phase 20 min. Combat phase 40 min. If the location isnt captured or the boss isnt killed the attacking team loses.

I've also always wanted some mini games on fleet and probably in cantinas that you can play while waiting for pops.

Like what ever chewey and c3P0 were playing.

And yea I really don't like my CTF idea actually. Heal fest.

But FTR huttball is awesome.

Edited by Puissant

Oh this is good question. So this my idea how to make pvp more funny and also how to put more importance onto guild function and guidies responsibilities. I really enjoyed such similar PVP system in MMO I played before SWTOR. Idea is to combine PVE and PVP content of this game.

Each guild can get or buy small base camp. Camp can be also point where you can meet other guildies and you can profit also from rested state like in cantina.

For example, base camp can cost 20kk credits and you can buy it immediately. You get automatically mail droid, med droid, GTN, travel portal to dailies areas and etc.

Or you need to wait two months after guild registration to get it free. Anyway meantime, you should manage your guildies to save certain money in guild bank. When you get camp, it will be empty and you must buy all needed and required items. This should be finally little bit cheaper than option 1.

When you have camp, PVE content start. Using credits, different material, etc you must upgrade your camp to small fortress. Building, protection walls, shield generator, defensive turrets, etc. Every member of guild can help with this. In this PVE content, there should be some limits for camp upgrade, but some of latest upgrades will be so difficult and expensive, that it will really require high focus from all. As there are a lot small guilds, guild which own camp can sign off partnership contract with other guilds and for example 3 small guilds can have one camp.

Lets talk about PVP content now. When your fortress is ready for war (required minimum upgrade), you just register for guild fight (1 guild against 1 guild). There should be regular events of it, f.e. twice per week. Registration will be done one day before war. There should be also some guild rating system to prevent that guild begineer will meet experts in war. Such fight will be very annoying. Fight itself can take max 60 minutes. During this time, both guilds must have strategy to improve your fortress, to properly defend it, how and where to attack, etc. Fight will finish after 60 minutes or when one guild destroy enemy fortress (f.e. takeover of headquater).

There must be several other points in this war, like attacking and defending certain objectives. Number of kills, number of captured and controlled objectives, or some other progress rating will be key factor for fight result. Winner will get point for his overall rating, second guild will lost points. this will be important for next war registration.

Something like this is generally what I wish to see in SWTOR sometime in future. Current pvp content is very boring for me, and I do it practically only to get some pvp gear items like relics.

How about a PvP where you were stranded on some forest world with a sort of base camp complete with tents and all and the opposing team also has one about a kilometer away. The object is to claim your enemies camp while still having to defend yours. Whichever team secures theirs and the enemy camp first is the winner.

Some of the items from my personal wishlist, which likely will never happen..

Warzones

• Leaving a warzone is now considered a violation of the houserules. Doing so will enrage the sponsors who will put a deffault bounty on your head. The deathmark debuff will remain active on your for 1h and only decay in public areas such as the open world and fleet, when not moving. The contract for a deathmark is obtained in the cartel area of the Fleet and while several (max 5) bountyhunters can have a contract on you, only the one who initiates combat can attack you. When someone grabs a contract on you, your informants are fast to message you "Someone is hunting you". Only contracts on players online show up on the terminal.

Bountyhunter

• Player Bounties can be obtained from the hutts in the cartel area. You can have up to 3 active bounties at a time and the "mark" will be displayed as an enemy (red) visually for you. To attack your bounty you need to initiate combat by rightclicking your marks portrait and chose "Prepare to attack". This will start a countdown from 5, simular to a normal duel, which is also shown for the mark. You only become red to the mark after the countdown finishes, even though you can't attack the mark until the countdown is a go. The reward for taking down a bounty is 5000 valor and 500 credits per rank of valor; IE: Valor 90 mark would pay 45.000 credits. You can not take bounties on someone on your friendslist or in your guild. If you lose against a deathmarked player, the contract is lost and can not be taken again on the same bounty by you. Seeker droids will constantly update you of your targets whereabouts.

Legacy

• New Galactic Reputation Organization! Complete pvp missions in the open world areas on Corellia, Makeb and Taris to earn Military Special Forces Reputation. Rewards can be purchased from the pvp vendors on Fleet.

Open World PvP

• Any playerkill (Of the opposing faction) in the open world grants a small chance for a "Badge of honor" to be awarded to you and transfered to your inventory. When used, this Badge grants a medium ammount of valor, experience, Warzone comms and Special Forces reputation.

• New datacrons! Collect several new pvp related datacrons across the planets that grants the most dedicated players with small permanent expertise boosts.

• Static bases have been set up on Corellia, Makeb and Taris. These bases can be captured and turned by the opposing faction and have a varity of PvPvE daily missions to them that works simular to the Gree Event.

• A new statistic can be found under the pvp tab that shows your current score of open world playerkills and deaths.

Vendors

• The Fleet pvp vendor now offers a wide variety of vanity items. These items have specific requirements ranging from Valor rank to Ranked rating and "Special Forces" reputation. These are uniqe and only available via the requirement specified for each item. Purchases are made for Warzone comms and/or Credits.

• The Miltary Special Forces Reputation Vendor offers desirable items available depending on reputation rank. Purchases are made using the looted "Badge of Honor" as currency.

I would start with Ancient Hyper gate. No longer you have to defend pylon. Scoring is only based on orbs and you can grab them instantly. There will always be 5 orbs present, the 4 on their respective places and 1 in the middle. The goal is to bring the orbs to your pylon; however, you do not need to capture pylon. Each team pylon will start on the left of their re spawn area and every 150 secs will have the explosion, like it currently works, except your pylon will switch to the other side. There will be 4 rounds total. Orbs will count 1 point each, and the team with the higher number of orbs wins.

There will always be 5 orbs present in the game, either with players or in the middle area. When you die with the orb transfers to the closest enemy. Skills like vanish, barrier will also give the orb to the closet enemy. Orbs can't be transferred to allies. When the orb is brought to the pylon it will respawn middle.

I would love to see a WZ MOBA (Multiplayer online battle arena) style, like DOTA or League of Legends. This is one of the most successful genres and is based on Warcraft 3 which plays some what similar to SWTOR. This also gives a feel of faction PvP more than the current WZs. The challenge would be to implement it that games average no longer than 15 mins, considering that MOBA games average 25-35 mins, but also involve leveling and farming, which is not existent here. This can also include some PvE elements like tank agroing mobs to ensure they do not atk other allies. Dps trying to maximize dps to eliminate mobs ASAP, while dealing with enemy players at the same time.

Edited by Ottoattack

They already slapped in a space combat game with rules that are completely detached from everything else.

I would want them to add a SW FPS - no healing, no CC, limited AOE, stealth only works vs targets at 20yds +. Lightsabers are great at melee range but only force users can use it to block ranged attacks (being it's main selling point - the blocking wouldn't be automatic but a solid defense and makes up for the fact that lightsaber users don't have much range).

I haven't done anything with GSF - I don't have anything against it or its focus/inclusion, I'll probably dabble at some point but my interest level is fairly near 0. I would be all over a passable FPS.

Edited by Savej

While it would be cool with more gametypes we don't really have the population to support it and since I would assume they would be different from "normals" I'm against forcing them upon people in the same queue, Arena is bad enough.

I guess OW Bounties would be alright since it's not interfering with queues.

While it would be cool with more gametypes we don't really have the population to support it and since I would assume they would be different from "normals" I'm against forcing them upon people in the same queue, Arena is bad enough. .

true but still doesn't hurt to imagine new stuff :rak_03:

Edited by Sangrar

While it would be cool with more gametypes we don't really have the population to support it and since I would assume they would be different from "normals" I'm against forcing them upon people in the same queue, Arena is bad enough.

I guess OW Bounties would be alright since it's not interfering with queues.

Well, that depends a little. Obviously we want X-server queues for the sake of Warzones and Matchmaking, but Open World type of pvp gameplay doesn't have to pull much from the queues.

In my earlier "City Siege" example, it's not purely PvP - It's PvPvE, and PvErs should not be excluded from the content. Instead they should be able to participate without being flagged - but greatly encouraged to flag (On PvE servers ofc) by significal increases to the end rewards if flagged for PvP.

Such Sieges would work as both "new content" for everyone and at the same time a functional "Daily Area" for PvPers, who no longer would be forced to enter pure PvE content for cash. I dont think such a feature would pull PvPers away from Warzones to any real extent, more then initially perhaps.

I kinda want a David vs. Goliath scenario. 1, or 2 at the most?, high levels vs a whole bunch of low levels as a deathmatch - with no bolstering. You can get that randomly in OW PvP sometimes, but in those cases you hardly ever have enough lowbies to actually threaten the 55 that's ganking people in the republic base. :D And I know it would take all kinds of balancing, and BW would probably get it wrong, but I like those kind of things. Edited by Banderal

I think bioware should arrange tournaments, 4 v 4 arenas with premade teams. They should give out some nice prizes and rewards. Maybe cartel coins, subscription time or even money. Then do the final matches on twitch stream. This would create some excitement around pvp.

1. Some old school capture the flag.

2. King of the hill is always fun in a pvp setting.

3. Some officer ranks similar to swg. The more opposing faction you kill the higher rank (open world or wz).

4. Player operated or random pve Bases for defense and attacks open world. Many varieties of game modes could come from that.

5. Large scale wz's or battlefields that are structured with a start and objectives for a full scale conflict that could take hours to win. ( never in this game)

I cant think of to many more that you cant find a way to do in game. There is a FFA with outlaws den and part of illum. Some scattered open world pvp, but its usually on lower lvl planets with random 55's killing nubs. I have to come rescue people from that from time to time.