Community Developer Blog: HK-51 Classified Intel

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when is it cause I have to say I am starting to lose faith in ToR....I mean dont get me wrong the enviroments are breath taking and the gameplay is fun, but the content.......oh god where is new content????? I started playing in beta and have cont. since but the one thing i hear so much is about new patchs, and new patches, and new about the same patch, and then more news about the same patch later. One thing this game needs is more lore story events, things to do as in mini games, racing, cont. on the war, and alot others things. Please please please dont make me go back to WoW for new content, please........the graphics are 12 years old but the story is new and has content. I must say you need to bring out more content that doesnt break old and new gear modles more star wars looking. I mean look at the dark horse comics for inspiration for gear looks and maybe story and more powers for classes!

From what we know of HK you have to be level 50 to get him and able to complete hard mode flash point as well as other quests and enter an open world PvP zone that is liked to be camped.

So with this work involved in getting him and then the need to either do space or ops to get the materials to make his armour. Once I have got him outfitted him what use is he going to be to end game? He can't have much use in my class story as its completed before I can get to malgus space station, he can't be much use in warzones or Ops or flash points as these aren't companion friendly though he could come in a flash point I doubt he will be putting man DPS out of a job.

So once I have gotten him where does this lead? Will there be some HK related quests or will be be allowed to be used in Operations or other end game content without having to substitute a player. Or will he just stand on my ship as a statue to all the work to get him?

From what we know of HK you have to be level 50 to get him and able to complete hard mode flash point as well as other quests and enter an open world PvP zone that is liked to be camped.

So with this work involved in getting him and then the need to either do space or ops to get the materials to make his armour. Once I have got him outfitted him what use is he going to be to end game? He can't have much use in my class story as its completed before I can get to malgus space station, he can't be much use in warzones or Ops or flash points as these aren't companion friendly though he could come in a flash point I doubt he will be putting man DPS out of a job.

So once I have gotten him where does this lead? Will there be some HK related quests or will be be allowed to be used in Operations or other end game content without having to substitute a player. Or will he just stand on my ship as a statue to all the work to get him?

MAKEB.....The planetry Expansion that is planed,which includes new story

I think this is unfair!, if you only can get him at level 50, it's just not make any sense!... How can I take him in my adventures through out the galaxy?, if at level 50 pretty much everything is already done?, moreover it will be a lot interesting if you can get him in a middle of the story!, and it will make a perfect sense, because you will have a time to logically customize him and he would serve the story line, apart from just being trophy at end of the game... Edited by sandisrd

I think this is unfair!, if you only can get him at level 50, it's just not make any sense!... How can I take him in my adventures through out the galaxy?, if at level 50 pretty much everything is already done?, moreover it will be a lot interesting if you can get him in a middle of the story!, and it will make a perfect sense, because you will have a time to logically customize him and he will serve story line, apart from just being trophy at end of the game...

You seem somewhat misinformed,

if you want to get him at level 11 you can. You just need to acquire him on a level 50 first and then unlock him via Character Perks. And THAT is the real issue, the unlock for HK-51 so I can give him to my level 31 Operative? 1,000,000 credits. OUCH. I think I'll go with the secondary payment for the perk, which is 350 CC for unlocking him for a lowbie.

Suggestion BW: Please make the legacy unlock for HK-51 Legacy wide, having to spend 1M credits/350 CC for any lowbie I want him on is ridiculously expensive. I want HK-51 on my Merc, Gunslinger, Vanguard, Operative and Shadow. 5x350 CC = 1750 CCs, that's way too expensive guys!

Edited by AshlaBoga

You seem somewhat misinformed,

if you want to get him at level 11 you can. You just need to acquire him on a level 50 first and then unlock him via Character Perks. And THAT is the real issue, the unlock for HK-51 so I can give him to my level 31 Operative? 1,000,000 credits. OUCH. I think I'll go with the secondary payment for the perk, which is 350 CC for unlocking him for a lowbie.

Suggestion BW: Please make the legacy unlock for HK-51 Legacy wide, having to spend 1M credits/350 CC for any lowbie I want him on is ridiculously expensive. I want HK-51 on my Merc, Gunslinger, Vanguard, Operative and Shadow. 5x350 CC = 1750 CCs, that's way too expensive guys!

Well it's kind a harsh to be THAT expensive!, and still you can't get him for the first character!, only at level 50!...

Edited by sandisrd

I am attempting to picture this into a RP model with Light side Jedi more than anything else.

Master Shan: "This droid represents a terrible force of destruction if it falls into the hands of the unscrupulous or tyrannical."

Master Bakarn: "We cannot keep it here. If the Sith were to learn that we had it on Tython, they would stop at nothing to get it. We cannot put the padawans at risk."

Master Kaedan: "We need to assign one of our top Jedi to take custody of this killer. Someone who can restrain its violence to only the gravest necessity, and can keep moving, stay one step ahead of the Empire and the crime lords."

Master Shan: "So be it, then."

Edited by Uluain

One thing this game needs is more lore story events, things to do as in mini games, racing, cont. on the war, and alot others things. Please please please dont make me go back to WoW for new content, please........the graphics are 12 years old but the story is new and has content.

I'd definitely like new content as well....I'm sure we all would. However, I would point out that WoW's first expansion pack was over 2 years after the game launched and the other expansion packs came out, on average, about every 2 years after that. This game is less than a year since launch. So let's not act like WoW cranked out 4 expansion packs in its first year.

HK-47 himself

(even though in the restored content of KOTOR II): <When I kill, when I dispatch a target, it is not about wanton slaughter. About body count. It is about finesse, function. Doing more with less. It is "Art.">

I hope the fact that such efficiency is highlighted for HK-51s it means that it's even more important and not that it hasn't been considered for HK-41! :D

I think this is unfair!, if you only can get him at level 50, it's just not make any sense!... How can I take him in my adventures through out the galaxy?, if at level 50 pretty much everything is already done?, moreover it will be a lot interesting if you can get him in a middle of the story!, and it will make a perfect sense, because you will have a time to logically customize him and he would serve the story line, apart from just being trophy at end of the game...

Let's think about this for a minute. Its a nearly impossible task to find this droid and recover it. (in-lore) and very hard and annoying to get him in-game. He's a killer who thinks anyone organic is a target expect the lucky person who controls him (it's master).

Why can't you use him in lower levels? Why because your character is too weak to, at 50 your character who destroy the forces that were guarding the HK unit is more than a match to control this crazy droid. I can't imagine a level 25, 30 or 35 character looking for this droid and surviving, plus for those people who are still leveling, getting the HK is additional content. I believe you can unlock him in your legacy where the quest is a lot easier to do with another character. Again for a level 50, yes this isn't much content yet, but when I roll my smuggler I want him to earn this droid, so by the time he is at 50 and has gone through all this crap and lived, he wants to find himself a powerful HK unit to watch his back.

When it comes to content, yes the pre-50 has decent content, I only remember a handful of moments where I enjoyed the planet's storyline and my own class storyline but end-game content like Ilum, black hole daily's, and the Belsavis daily's give a great opportunity to wreck chaos with HK-51. Plus I want to earn this bad boy, I don't it handed to every one of my toons at a early level, that doesn't work with your other companions, why would it work this time? Bioware has a lot on their plate and they're trying to make us happy, take it for what it is and try to enjoy, with a view like your you'll find faults within everything and ruin the entertainment value of it before you had the chance to enjoy it.