Few questions about the server.

Xienive

Hello all, I am a PVP'er on The Ebon Hawk but am considering re-rolling on Jung Ma for a change of pace. Hoping you guys wouldn't mind answering some questions.

1. Being a PVP server, do people make an effort to do open world PVP often or do people often ignore attacking other players and just focus on their missions?

2. Do people actually RP here or is it kind of a lost art?

3. Are more of the "top tier" PVP guilds on Empire or Republic, or is it a balance?

4. Are you glad you are on this server or would you switch if you could? If you could, maybe a short reason why.

Thanks for your time.

Hello all, I am a PVP'er on The Ebon Hawk but am considering re-rolling on Jung Ma for a change of pace. Hoping you guys wouldn't mind answering some questions.

1. Being a PVP server, do people make an effort to do open world PVP often or do people often ignore attacking other players and just focus on their missions?

2. Do people actually RP here or is it kind of a lost art?

3. Are more of the "top tier" PVP guilds on Empire or Republic, or is it a balance?

4. Are you glad you are on this server or would you switch if you could? If you could, maybe a short reason why.

Thanks for your time.

I hope my limited knowledge helps, here we go.

The open world ganking doesn't happen much. There is a small amount of open world pvp, so people can spend enough time leveling. Several guilds back weekly RP socials,in the server forums on this website. Check the forums for date and times. I beleive sadly the imps rule most of pvp, correct me if I am wrong. There are several strong pvp guilds on both sides. And the the coummunity and quality of players is what I like most here, and yes I was a server transfer with my guild from Ajunta Pall. Hope that helps.

1. Yes. Most of the WPvP that happens on the server breaks out in the area of the dune sea between Zaroshe and Thorozan. But occasionally there are events in other places and sometimes you'll find battles in Section X and Black Hole as well.

2. People do RP, you just gotta know where to find it. The Nar Shaddaa Promenade is usually a hotspot. A lot of guilds also have internal RP that's not as easy to find unless you're in those guilds.

3. I feel like Republic has the upper hand for the most part in my experience. I'm not on a ranked team but it seems like most of the teams out there are Republic with the top being Crimson Elite at the moment. In normal warzones it usually varies from day to day if one side is steamrolling or the other or its even. In my experience it's usually Republic that does the steamrolling or if not, then its an even day.

4. I can't imagine not being on an RP-PvP server. I like to dabble in all aspects of the game so not having world PvP would be a huge detriment and it boggles my mind how anyone can feel in character in a Star Wars setting without the threat of a fight breaking out when you're out in the world.

1. Many make an effort for WPVP. One guild being Alpha Company, who really puts on some awesome RP/PVP Patrolling! Often times there are events hosted by various guilds and they're usually posted here on the server forums before hand.

2. Hell yes, people RP! Type /cjoin Rp and you'll be placed into both factions RP channel. There are plenty of RP events weekly, on top of random RPs going on through out the world, mostly on Nar Shaddaa (Lower Promenade Cantina) that welcomes both factions. On Thursdays there is a reoccurring RP on Voss, on Saturdays (10pm) there is a reoccurring RP on Nar Shaddaa in the Cantina ; both of which are open RP. You are always welcome to openly RP with people as well and also check out http://www.swtor-rp.com

3. It various from who you talk to. Depending on the time of day, what day... either or faction will have the upper hand. If you're facing a pre-made, it makes sense that... well, their team work will override a group of randoms. Most of the Empire guilds are always raiding so you'll see more of the Pub guilds doing it up. I'd like to think all of the pvp guilds out there are very talented and have the upper hand any time they'd like. Honestly, it's all fun no matter how you look at it as long as everyone tries their best.

4. Sometimes I worry a lot about the health of our server but...I've come to love the people here, the guilds, the community and the team work that many of us put out to keep this server special. I dabble in all aspects of the game and this server appears to meet all of those requirements I need. I feel if I weren't on this server, I'd get too little of one thing and too much of the other. I hope that makes any sense.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Glad to hear that there is RP that goes on here and open world PVP. I am for sure considering joining up here, I just have to decide if it's worth starting from scratch again rather than just waiting on server transfers if that ever happens. Would love some open world PVP, I try to hunt around in the daily areas on The Ebon Hawk but I very rarely find anybody that's flagged anymore and the server has a small PVP community so I basically see the same names in just about every WZ.