Why remove elite comms from heroic space?

KostonxEld

Wow, you guys have way too much time on your hands.

If you raid on Tuesday like my guild does and clear 1 or 2 story mode ops, get the weekly reward for ops, and at least your flashpoint daily, that's a lot on the very first day. Then by the time you do your 2 more daily's to get the weekly flashpoint you're pretty much capped.

Too much time on my hands was when I was vacation when early access started and running HM FPs over and over to gear. I capped on my main 1st day of early access.

Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly

Ya elite comms were appropriate for these supposed HEROIC missions. If its people afk botting them that's another issue BW has to address, but keep things as they are.

If this change goes in there isn't another reason to do these missions anymore

Keep in ,ind that since the heroic's inception they always gave a few of the BEST currently available comms...at that time Black Hole.

The best available now are not elite but ultimate.

Basic comms equate to dailies...so if they are going to be downgraded to "daily" reward...the lets make them repeatable daily?

Or just leave them alone as its the onoly real reason to do them for the most part. ( imho)

Ya elite comms were appropriate for these supposed HEROIC missions. If its people afk botting them that's another issue BW has to address, but keep things as they are.

If this change goes in there isn't another reason to do these missions anymore

Heroic quests don't give out elite comms

Space missions are now pretty much dailies. Basic comms, some cash, some rep.

No point to doing Heroic Space Missions if they remove elite comms. You get tons of basic comms from other sources. It made sense for them to give elite comms - they aren't the best comms (ultimate comms are), they're the second best comms. HSM's will become just another crappy daily if they remove elite comms.

At least tell us why you are removing them. If the reason is botting, then please tell us that you'll reintroduce elite comms after you add some random elements to space missions to counter botting.

Edited by LetoAtreidesII

Yeah, this bums me out a bit; I enjoy a nice 5-minute space break each day, and geared a couple of alts up with ships just to get a little Elite Comm bonus when 2.0 came out. If the Elite Comms vanish, my ships will go back to totally parked. It's not like folks are getting Ultimate Comms. Kind of a sad way to kill off the space aspect. Edited by Skiggity

Also, you can buy the same kind of gear you get with Elite comms with CREDITS on the GTN. And 2 comms a day is a pathetically small amount compared with what you get for everything else:

http://dulfy.net/2013/04/14/swtor-level-55-endgame-gearing-guide/#3

And it takes a crap ton of elite comms to buy just one of the cheapest item (80). And that's for second-rate gear that you can also buy with money. It's not like HSM's are giving out ultimate comms/Underworld-grade gear.

Edited by LetoAtreidesII

Yes, I can't possibly fathom the reason for this change. If there is a good reason fine, but I think we deserve to know what it is.

(Hopefully its something other than we are abandoning starfox and we are making this change in the hopes that when we announce this, no one will care because no one will be doing it at that point.)

Which honestly is the only reason i can see for them to make this change at this point.

Agreed with the premise. This is a bad action on their part. Adding a paltry sum of elite comms was a very nice, REASONABLE reward for space missions. Space missions get old very fast and at least I enjoyed earning the comms and it was a nice reward for the harder ones.

However, if they feel this is necessary to slow down progression or funnel people to different areas of the game, then they have the right to do so. This won't break the game for me but is disappointing nonetheless.

However, if they feel this is necessary to slow down progression or funnel people to different areas of the game, then they have the right to do so. This won't break the game for me but is disappointing nonetheless.

And they'll have failed if that's their goal unless they remove Arkanian-level crafted mods from the game as well. All this does is increase the gap between the credit-rich and credit-poor.

My guess is they're trying to drive people away from space and pvp into flash points and ops by removing rewards from them. PVe gear is now advantaged over PVP gear in both pve and pvp combat. Apparently this little weekly perk made someone worry you'd get gear outside of flashpoints and ops.

If you raid on Tuesday like my guild does and clear 1 or 2 story mode ops, get the weekly reward for ops, and at least your flashpoint daily, that's a lot on the very first day. Then by the time you do your 2 more daily's to get the weekly flashpoint you're pretty much capped.

Too much time on my hands was when I was vacation when early access started and running HM FPs over and over to gear. I capped on my main 1st day of early access.

Kinda makes sense as a reason not to complain, but still doesn't make sense as to Bioware removing them. If the cap is so easy to reach anyway, what are 12 more per week going to matter? Are they worried that we'll have a few extra comms at the cap because we're doing the space missions as we level?

Edit:

Agreed with the premise. This is a bad action on their part. Adding a paltry sum of elite comms was a very nice, REASONABLE reward for space missions. Space missions get old very fast and at least I enjoyed earning the comms and it was a nice reward for the harder ones.

Since the space missions only take 5-10 minutes, I can hardly see trying to funnel people away as necessary. If I've only got 5-10 minutes to spare, I'm not going to have time for a WZ/flashpoint, and if I've got more than 10 minutes to spare, doing a space mission won't stop me from doing a FP/WZ.

Edited by Thaed

Wooo-hoooo!

Now we get 3 worthless Basic comms instead of 1.

I can sleepwalk through GSI H2 on Tatooine and get 4.

Brilliant, Bioware, just brilliant.

You might want to check out the Biochem/Cybertech schematics from the vendor who need hero Makeb Rep to get, some are very decent until underworld, the best part? Bought with Basic coms and also need Isotope-5, which you know what? Is bought with Basic coms!

Basic coms > Elite coms, its so easy to get capped its not even funny, if you arent capped easily than you probably dont need the gear anyway.

Edited by ElitehunterDS

Wooo-hoooo!

Now we get 3 worthless Basic comms instead of 1.

I can sleepwalk through GSI H2 on Tatooine and get 4.

Brilliant, Bioware, just brilliant.

What, my prediction was correct? I was using a low amount on purpose, I thought it might be more like 5 at the very least. Fantastic. And of course no explanation. Guess we won't be seeing one, either - not that I could imagine one that might make any sense whatsoever.

wow.. just... wow. Assuming I don't do much else on alts, as to not get too many basic/elite coms. Space missions should be nearly completely pointless in about 2-3 months...

I don't understand why they just don't 2x-3x the credits you get from doing heroic space missions, (since they don't seem to have any actual idea's) at least then space could be a valid alternative to daily's.