Flashpoints with companions

They should have just made a single player RPG. Mass Effect 3 sold a lot of copies. I'm sure they could have made a good profit on KotOR 3, and it would have given them a much better reputation than this game. Helping to sell their next game, because right now everyone is saying Dragon Age 3 is a watch before buying, instead of the day one purchase like older Bioware games.

I'm not disagreeing with you that a KOTOR 3 or DA3 wouldn't have been fun. I definitely would have played those and bought them. But I wouldn't be sitting there demanding multi-player function for those games... then again, I wouldn't have paid a sub for either of them.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

words

Seems successful enough to still have you talking about it. I have never really understood the mentality of people to hate something and then put all their time and effort into trying to make others feel the same hate. Seems like a huge waste of time and energy to me, but more power to you.

I wanted KOTOR3 too, but I am very happy with TOR (first MMO), at least if I wasn’t happy with TOR I wouldn’t be hanging around here crying about it. I would have moved on to another game by now instead of upping my Sub. :D

Oooooh, no no no, i "attack" anyone who ignores big blue elephant in the room.

And no, SWTOR has nowhere near 500k subs, you missed that on last investors call they refused to talk about subscriptions :)

Even CEO of EA called SWTOR a miss.

Anyway, it seems its time to just start quoting myself since i already provided facts, and you guys spin around in cicrles ignoring them:

You have no data to back up your claim. You merely repeat what you seem to wish for. Schadenfreude much?

Nobody said it should be Single Player RPG.

It was said that all of the content should be available to a single player. The whole story.

Not the gear. Grind operations for BIS gear in groups only.

Restriction to content is not the best way to make a community, it is the worst way IMO.

And MMO can live only with community.

Not with munchkin PUGs screwing the story by hitting space to skip dialogues in order to run and fast farm.

These arguments are terrible.

1) You do realize that Operations also have story content right? From Belsavis all the way through future patches there's a running story of the Dread Masters. Are you going to complain because the whole story of the ToR universe isn't available to you as a single player? You say you don't want this to become a single player rpg, but you want all the story... so you want to remove the story from operations just because you choose not to run them? That's rather rude of you to make such a unilateral choice.

2) I also claim BS for item 1 that all content should be available for solo play yet again. The reason why is that people don't want just story, they want gear. Are you saying you would be okay with doing HM FP's solo if you got 0 upgrades for it? If it's really just about the story then you're okay with getting no gear. Right? I don't think that's true. Look at how many people complain that they don't get any good upgrades in SM TFB. They seem to ask, "How do we progress?" Well, SM's are for people to experience the content, yet we still have people complaining about wanting better gear. So if you allowed FP's to be soloable, I guarantee you'll get complaints that there's no gear progression for those people. But hey, it's all about the story content right? Not the gear? Yeah right...

3) And I will hit the spacebar when I've already done the storyline once. I'm okay with someone who hasn't seen the story yet and they want to read/hear the dialog. That's okay. But, seriously, do you need to read it every time you do it? If so, then that's your prerogative, but don't berate those who don't want to sit through it for the umpteenth time.

And no, SWTOR has nowhere near 500k subs, you missed that on last investors call they refused to talk about subscriptions :)

Anyway, it seems its time to just start quoting myself since i already provided facts, and you guys spin around in cicrles ignoring them:

Lol. Saying that the last investors call where they didn't publish numbers doesn't mean that ToR is nowhere near 500k subs. That's you guessing. Nice "facts" there. You really need to work on arguments. L2debate. Kthx.

Seems successful enough to still have you talking about it. I have never really understood the mentality of people to hate something and then put all their time and effort into trying to make others feel the same hate. Seems like a huge waste of time and energy to me, but more power to you.

I wanted KOTOR3 too, but I am very happy with TOR (first MMO), at least if I wasn’t happy with TOR I wouldn’t be hanging around here crying about it. I would have moved on to another game by now instead of upping my Sub. :D

I'm happy enough with it, but it's a love hate thing. It's good for an MMO, but all the story stuff just keeps reminding me how much deeper and better it would have been if it had focused on it. It's like reading through a B grade essay with lots of potential. It's a good essay, but imagine if they would have tried.

I'm happy enough with it, but it's a love hate thing. It's good for an MMO, but all the story stuff just keeps reminding me how much deeper and better it would have been if it had focused on it. It's like reading through a B grade essay with lots of potential. It's a good essay, but imagine if they would have tried.

I would love more compelling story, but good story content runs out too fast which your average consumer. No one, from book writers, to film makers, to tv shows, can produce good story content fast enough that doesn't make the consumer waiting around. Hence, everything becomes a grind at a certain point (end game content). That's inevitable of any persistent game world. If it isn't a persistent game world, then it has an ending and/or you need to wait until the next game/sequel comes out. Take any of the best storyline franchise games out there. Take all the time played and put it all together. Now imagine how long it took to create those games and the story lines... there's no way that content could be churned out fast enough. It's a nice dream, but it will never be a reality.

And no, SWTOR has nowhere near 500k subs, you missed that on last investors call they refused to talk about subscriptions

You just repeated yourself. I'm assuming you're sort of troll-bot now based on that action.

I wouldn't mind seeing a 50 daily, in an instance, that is new and not one of the existing FP. To allow you to run with a group of companions. I actually think that is an interesting idea, could be a fun way to just go smash stuff.

Target Opponent, send Bowdar to attack have Akavii/Risha Backing up for DPS with Gus Standing behind healing. I have been slowly gearing by comp as I gear up BH. ANd I have 2 of my companions in fill Tionese/Columi mix, so I could see spending sometime gear them all for something like that.

Hell I would start using CC:s to make sure that we all had a similar look, IE Myself and Akavi both have the sandpeople chest piece with the Columni on everything else so the looks are the same yet different

Donald Trump keeps spouting ridiculous statements over and over and over again, doesn't make him any more right. Just makes him a broken record.

You think this is a debate? rofl, theres nothing to debate, big X has revealed itself and result is disasterous. And of course, those results are in line of what WE predicted, or i might say, even more disasterous that most of us predicted. Of course, we can all pretend everything is rainbow and unicorns, and if they continue like this game wont shut down next year rofl

Even head of EA says game is a miss and you still claim its doing great ahahahahahah man you guys are pure comedy lol

Shall we do another circle rofl, do i need to preemptively quote myself to anser any of your predictable responses?

Edited by GrandMike

You think this is a debate? rofl, theres nothing to debate, big X has revealed itself and result is disasterous. And of course, those results are in line of what WE predicted, or i might say, even more disasterous that most of us predicted. Of course, we can all pretend everything is rainbow and unicorns, and if they continue like this game wont shut down next year rofl

Even head of EA says game is a miss and you still claim its doing great ahahahahahah man you guys are pure comedy lol

Shall we do another circle rofl, do i need to preemptively quote myself to anser any of your predictable responses?

Donald Trump also doesn't think his statements are debatable. He comes off from the same position that what he says is inherently true simply because he says them. You give no credence to your points and your only source of reference is yourself. There have been a few people here who have told you that you're just blowing smoke. I wonder if you like to stomp your feet just so you can get attention or if you're really trying to convey a point. In either case, you're not helping your side of the issue much, but feel free to keep trying. I'm sure BW will listen to you in about in about... never.

Donald Trump also doesn't think his statements are debatable. He comes off from the same position that what he says is inherently true simply because he says them. You give no credence to your points and your only source of reference is yourself. There have been a few people here who have told you that you're just blowing smoke. I wonder if you like to stomp your feet just so you can get attention or if you're really trying to convey a point. In either case, you're not helping your side of the issue much, but feel free to keep trying. I'm sure BW will listen to you in about in about... never.

Really, if old forums hadnt been erased i could point you to all the discussions with tens of thousands of posts. But you even wont educate yourself on whats available so it would all be waste of time im afaraid.

Statements arent debatable because theres nothing to debate since we have clear results, dont really know what you dont uderstand about it because its very very simple. We were right and people like you were wrong. You can blow your steam however you want, facts are facts, i could, again, quote myself, didnt i say your posts are predictable and you continue to run in cirles?

Edited by GrandMike

The right class geared can solo most of the flashpoints anyway with just one companion out...

You're right. My Marauder with my healing comp can solo most, but I'm decked out in Dreadguard gear and my comp is full 61, but that's not what the people in favor of this style are really arguing. If you're decked out in gear like me, you're probably not complaining about group content.

You're right. My Marauder with my healing comp can solo most, but I'm decked out in Dreadguard gear and my comp is full 61, but that's not what the people in favor of this style are really arguing. If you're decked out in gear like me, you're probably not complaining about group content.

If they're truly that adverse to group content but want to do endgame flashpoints then they can just buy the 61/63 grade gear off the GTN and then solo pretty much every Tier 1 HM FP.

If they're truly that adverse to group content but want to do endgame flashpoints then they can just buy the 61/63 grade gear off the GTN and then solo pretty much every Tier 1 HM FP.

Right again, but most solo players probably don't have the credits to do this either. From what I'm gathering from most solo players they hate grinding so I doubt they've earned the credits from doing dailies enough. Just my guess. There could be some that have the credz, but I'm guessing most don't.

Right again, but most solo players probably don't have the credits to do this either. From what I'm gathering from most solo players they hate grinding so I doubt they've earned the credits from doing dailies enough. Just my guess. There could be some that have the credz, but I'm guessing most don't.

If player likes story aspects -> do most of the quests (doesn't include money maked from crafting) they make quite the load of credits before story "end".

Can't myself estimate how much because I have mailed every surplus 50k to alts. A lot.

Edited by FINNT

I hope the game designers consider using all companions in flashpoints normal and hm for 1.6 would really make this game more appealing to solo players. Once you get to lvl 50 all you can do is daily's if your a solo player they need to expanded the companion role to flashpoints. More folks would keep playing the game. Instead of getting bored after a few weeks at 50 the giving it up..

Wouldn't work for some flashpoints, companions just stand in one spot so that pretty much eliminates them from any fight where they need to move to avoid damage.... I have no issues finding people to do FP's, sometimes I have to wait 30-60 mins before one pops but i Just continue to level by doing quests until it does...

Time will tell if this becomes a reality but with my Trooper who is dps I will wait over a half hour to find a group in q. I just feel this would stop the bleeding of people leaving this game so fast once they hit lvl 50. Once your lvl 50 the game ends as far as story. This would be a great bridge for a lot of people where companions would interact during flashpoints. This game though has become like every MMO the end game is all about loot. I expected more stories and more story involvement. If this is a story driven MMO they should keep the stories coming every update. Why get HK 51 if you can only run dailys with him?

Time will tell if this becomes a reality but with my Trooper who is dps I will wait over a half hour to find a group in q. I just feel this would stop the bleeding of people leaving this game so fast once they hit lvl 50. Once your lvl 50 the game ends as far as story. This would be a great bridge for a lot of people where companions would interact during flashpoints. This game though has become like every MMO the end game is all about loot. I expected more stories and more story involvement. If this is a story driven MMO they should keep the stories coming every update. Why get HK 51 if you can only run dailys with him?

Bingo, game cant hold people becuase:

Replayability is awful (less that 5% content different for each class on same side, group content is mostly the same)

As soon as you hit 50, unless you raid and are gear nut youll quit very soon (more like immediately)

And they wonder why 2+m people said no to SWTOR. What they offer IS NOT worth of subscription, free trial to lvl50 will change nothing.

Bingo, game cant hold people becuase:

Replayability is awful (less that 5% content different for each class on same side, group content is mostly the same)

As soon as you hit 50, unless you raid and are gear nut youll quit very soon (more like immediately)

And they wonder why 2+m people said no to SWTOR. What they offer IS NOT worth of subscription, free trial to lvl50 will change nothing.

So, why are you still here?