New PvP Gear on 1.6 Test Server?

Piam

Edit: Yes, the new tier (Elite War Hero) is now on the PTS.

Thanks as always Dulfy!

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/20/swtor-patch-1-6-elite-war-hero-pvp-gear/

Darthhater's 1.6 coverage (includes a screenshot of the PvP gear stats):

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/22435-coverage-guide-game-update-1-6

The full EWH set is supposed to be released with 1.6. Anyone know if it's on the PTS already? If so, what are the new costs of BM, WH, and EWH?

Edited by Piam

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well spank me side ways, Yes it is but get this, Basically the war hero gear now costs the same as BM did and the new EWH costs what war hero did

Ooo interesting...how do you get BM? Credits perhaps?

If so...gear gap looks like it's closing in and QQers will have to find another reason why they are bad.

Ooo interesting...how do you get BM? Credits perhaps?

If so...gear gap looks like it's closing in and QQers will have to find another reason why they are bad.

Didnt check the BM Vendor i will though shortly, I want to test the new Wz out :).

Yes sure does means people will be able to go full WH in less then a week.

Well spank me side ways, Yes it is but get this, Basically the war hero gear now costs the same as BM did and the new EWH costs what war hero did

Thanks! The price reduction is par for the course, but I wasn't sure if they were going to make it so cheap or use a half-step like the current WH weapons.

It would be nice if you could post a few screenshots! :)

Lastly, did BW change the requirement to turn in the previous tier of the same name to get a EWH piece? E.x EWH Force-Mystics requires WH Force-Mystics.

Didnt check the BM Vendor i will though shortly, I want to test the new Wz out :).

You said cost. As in the WH gear will be cheaper (reduced ranked comms cost), it takes regular comms now, or both?

Edited by L-RANDLE

I guess this means I'll buy the EWH MH/OH instead of wasting comms on making my character to not look like a swamp monster.

Here's an important question from customization junkies like myself...

Does the EWH have a new look or just existing gear with a new color?

Here's an important question from customization junkies like myself...

Does the EWH have a new look or just existing gear with a new color?

I very much doubt it has a new look. The current PvE tier with 63 mods uses the same look as the previous tier of 61 mods.

Next tier is supposed to have new models.

So new set

i have my PvP toons all fully min-maxed

Now i have to grind all the armoring piece by piece to replace em in the shells and i will get , (as happened before) a ton of useless mods and enhas. Thus i will have to get again another ton of pieces from wich i wuill only take a enha or a mod that its viable.

not clever

not funny

not even close to be decent

So new set

Now i have to grind all the armoring piece by piece to replace em in the shells and i will get , (as happened before) a ton of useless mods and enhas. Thus i will have to get again another ton of pieces from wich i wuill only take a enha or a mod that its viable.

not clever

not funny

Take mods/armor/enhancements that are trash, mail to compaion in legacy gear, reverse engineer, profit.

It is a different shade of War Hero. No new models unfortunately.

Seriously... they could have kept some of this gear they created off of the cartel market and pushed it as EWH. I'm so tired of the laziness that goes into gear in this game. Most of it is getting pulled anyways because we all like to stand out in a crowd.... but it would be nice to consider using more than just the gloves and trashing the rest of it.

Take mods/armor/enhancements that are trash, mail to compaion in legacy gear, reverse engineer, profit.

dayum bro i know that, i have enough credits

is not that

i just think we could be able to get the pieces that we need..not ALL of them

i can handle the earpiece+ 2 implants (1425RWZ+250 WZ coms)

but all the stuff again???

i dont think is reasonable

So new set

not clever

not funny

I have three characters with min-max WH, and another one that is halfway there to being min-max...

And still, I have to say, stop whining. Everyone loses when they look at gear as a grind. I have fun playing and obtaining the gear even knowing that it will be outdated in the future. That's just how MMOs work or no new player would ever catch up.

I have three characters with min-max WH, and another one that is halfway there to being min-max...

And still, I have to say, stop whining. Everyone loses when they look at gear as a grind. I have fun playing and obtaining the gear even knowing that it will be outdated in the future. That's just how MMOs work or no new player would ever catch up.

well , i respect that u enjoy beeing a hamster on wheel

i don't

So what i heard is that BM gear has been removed entirely...can anyone confirm?

IMO this is a great change, and the gear gap will be much smaller now.

BM and WH had quite a gap, but WH and EWH seem to be just a few points here and there.

Another thought...this might help with ranked queues? I know quite a few people who were in half WH and wouldn't queue for ranked because of the gear. Now with most people getting full war hero in week, can we expect to see more teams competing in ranked?

Edited by Rynis

So what i heard is that BM gear has been removed entirely...can anyone confirm?

IMO this is a great change, and the gear gap will be much smaller now.

BM and WH had quite a gap, but WH and EWH seem to be just a few points here and there.

Another thought...this might help with ranked queus? I know quite a few people who were in half WH and wouldn't queue for ranked because of the gear. Now with most people getting full war hero in week, can we expect to see more teams competing in ranked?

I am betting Recruit MK-3 is the old BM gear.

Edited by jgoldsack

Groncho bro, its a comm burn and nothing else, for knights the mod we need only comes in the LEGS, and the giant gain you get is +1str,+2end,+0expt,+1power. multiply that by 9 pieces and you get 9,18,0,9. this is simply something to spend your comms on. Battlemaster vendor is gone and war hero is the new BM. It really doesnt affect those of us who are min/maxed. Just some stuff to buy, its not gonna break the game to get it and the gear gap QQers will maybe have one less thing to cry about.