Are you guys enjoying Character Transfers?

Anysao

I don't know why they are destroying Lord Ieldis. It's one of the higher populated "light" servers, if anything they should be sending smaller servers to this one instead of getting people to leave. I don't understand why they want everyone on very few servers.

The issue with names on these large servers is horrible. Forget getting a decent name or legacy name if you transfer to one of the most populated servers. Good bye identity!

I transferred a 24 Trooper from Lord Ieldis to Begeren Colony tonight. The whole process ended up taking less than 10 minutes. But ya, it wasn't a dead server to begin with, so some back office metrics & analytics had to be the reason. For me personally not keeping a cool name isn't a game breaker. I walked away from 6 raid-hardened toons in WoW that took 7 years to establish, which took me a couple weeks to let go of. But that wasn't too bad. It's all just 1s and 0s to me. Edited by GalacticKegger

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy. I got to keep my character names and my surname, and I've gone from 20 people on fleet to 100 or so. My guild changed over without any problems, only took a couple of minutes per character. Looking forward to having a more alive server!

i hope i get to keep mine, i prey that nightmare lands will become a destination server.

I can't speak for others, but I'm incredibly excited that my EU RP-PvE server "The Progenitor" is a destination server for those on "Shaltin Tunnels". I'm hoping that "Trask Ulgo" will get given the opportunity to transfer to us too, as "The Progenitor" has been the most populated EU RP-PvE server since launch and combining the population of all three servers will take us from our current state of low population back to the previous standard-high or possibly just high.

tl;dr -- Really excited! Come to "The Progenitor"!

My server is being transferred to a LOWER population server on the opposite coast.

Not to mention it is one of the very FEW servers that can actually boast a BALANCED Republic vs Empire ratio. So much for all that, as transfers opened up less than 30 mins ago and our population is already dropping.

Lame.

Edited by Varicite

My server is being transferred to a LOWER population server on the opposite coast.

Not to mention it is one of the very FEW servers that can actually boast a BALANCED Republic vs Empire ratio. So much for all that, as transfers opened up less than 30 mins ago and our population is already dropping.

Lame.

If you are saying your server is being transfered to jung ma from ajunta pall, jung ma is not a lower population server.....our server has always been slightly better then ajunta pall and ven zallow fell short from the other 2 rp-pvp servers.

If you are saying your server is being transfered to jung ma from ajunta pall, jung ma is not a lower population server.....our server has always been slightly better then ajunta pall and ven zallow fell short from the other 2 rp-pvp servers.

Today was the first time in the past 6 months that I have EVER seen Ajunta Pall below Jung Ma on Torstatus.net. And that was only after transfers opened from our server to yours...

Our populations have always been pretty close, but ours has generally been slightly above yours since January. : )

Our Emp / Rep ratio was a lot better too.

Of course, I guess I should take all of that w/ a grain of salt, as Torstatus.net isn't really "official" information. BW may have their own "metrics" that say otherwise.

Edited by Varicite

I'd say about 70% (not enjoying)

and 30% Yes (enjoying)

I'm glad some people can get off their dead servers and come to servers like mine (The Fatman) to have more people to play with, but bejeebus we are back to like week 1 with all the "I hate this game...WoW is better...X faction sucks..." Its a never ending new loop of noob tard talk. I can see being bitter about being on a dead server for so long, but if you still hate it with HUNDREDS on the fleet at all hours mostly then log off and go *** to a crochet live stream or something.

I guess its just too bad that the people that stuck around on some of these dead servers until now are the ones that probably drove the other players off to begin with. We should have made a Tard Island server that was like an in-between like Survivor server where players could be voted off until a transfer was available. At least there is a boat-load full of players in wzs now that were super good on their 26 player server and now are renaming their toon to CorpseALot.

and 30% Yes (enjoying)

I'm glad some people can get off their dead servers and come to servers like mine (The Fatman) to have more people to play with, but bejeebus we are back to like week 1 with all the "I hate this game...WoW is better...X faction sucks..." Its a never ending new loop of noob tard talk. I can see being bitter about being on a dead server for so long, but if you still hate it with HUNDREDS on the fleet at all hours mostly then log off and go *** to a crochet live stream or something.

I guess its just too bad that the people that stuck around on some of these dead servers until now are the ones that probably drove the other players off to begin with. We should have made a Tard Island server that was like an in-between like Survivor server where players could be voted off until a transfer was available. At least there is a boat-load full of players in wzs now that were super good on their 26 player server and now are renaming their toon to CorpseALot.

I think you or your server just got the short straw, my friend. It has been a very long time since I've seen trash talk of this game on any server (I'm on five of them), and I've been here since the beginning.

and 30% Yes (enjoying)

1) You're on a PvP server: Expect trash talk and Massive trolling in general

2) It is the most popular and populated PvP server: See above

3) Its name is The Fatman...

4) There's an ignore feature that is vastly underused I suggest using it. I do.

5) You can remove broadcast from your chat channels

Welcome to The Fatman. If you're looking for a community of carebears trust me this server isn't for you. I don't mean that in any derogatory manner it's just the nature of PvP servers. It's a community of ******s competing for ****** supremacy.

1) You're on a PvP server: Expect trash talk and Massive trolling in general

2) It is the most popular and populated PvP server: See above

3) Its name is The Fatman...

4) There's an ignore feature that is vastly underused I suggest using it. I do.

5) You can remove broadcast from your chat channels

Welcome to The Fatman. If you're looking for a community of carebears trust me this server isn't for you. I don't mean that in any derogatory manner it's just the nature of PvP servers. It's a community of ******s competing for ****** supremacy.

Yeah, The Fatman kinda sucks.. A shame, because I like the name (and the book it references).

I'm so glad my server isn't being transferred there. <.<

Oh yeah!! I left fort garnik earlier and abandoned khoonda because it was dead and only a few in the guild provided. Khoonda was so dead, they should have just transfered everyone to JC without an option. It worked out perfectly for me since I moved there earlier and have a lvl 49 Merc. Now I get to move my 3 other characters to the server I'm already on.

JC is the best, it's like when the beta was going on. People everywhere, not a long wait for help on heroics, people buffing everyone ;)

Awesome!

I really lucked out! A transfer to The Fatman and my name survived. Which was terribly scary at first because if my name didn't make it I was going to create a new character :p

I have to pick a new legacy name but it's worth it - I solo-ed 30 levels and now I can actually play with other people :D

I really lucked out! A transfer to The Fatman and my name survived. Which was terribly scary at first because if my name didn't make it I was going to create a new character :p

I have to pick a new legacy name but it's worth it - I solo-ed 30 levels and now I can actually play with other people :D

My name wasn't taken, either. Got lucky, I guess.

I'm actually ok with the lag spikes on fleet lol, its good to see several fleet instances all sporting close to 300 people. Its a good problem to have.

OP-my transfer was good, faster than I expected(from other games), and I did my weekly pvp in an hour, I haven't been able to get a que in weeks lol before the transfer.

I had to change my legacy name, but thats cool in my book, I don't put too much value in a name.

Nope on 2 different servers want they transfer over they it but sadly a light server is appeartly full. I thought when they said transfer I would get they pick not transfer from one dead server they another. The server they want me to transfer from is dead which is fine but the server they pick is just as DEAD. So what the point.

Nope on 2 different servers want they transfer over they it but sadly a light server is appeartly full. I thought when they said transfer I would get they pick not transfer from one dead server they another. The server they want me to transfer from is dead which is fine but the server they pick is just as DEAD. So what the point.

It won't be dead when they're done. This is just the beginning.

Yeah not exactly the server I want open he level 4 on that server I have level 50's stuck on a dead server that aint open yet

Ah, so you're in the limbo, that sucks..

Yeah, know a lot of people on my server who are just waiting right now.

My guild will probably be gone by the time I get home, lol.

As far as Im concerned it worked like a charm. My 1st char I created i created a surname for it to... didnt realise I would get a legacy surname too.. the legacy surname I didnt like (after sooooo many prompts when logging in).

Ludo Kresh > Red Eclipse was perfect, spent an hour with a friend tonight making sure we had new legacy names on Red Eclipse ( we had re-rolled before transfers). Then made new chars on destination server with exact same names of chars of names we wanted to change.. Transfer took about 10 mins,,,,,

now have new char names and new legacy name.. and a full server.......about time on the server issues... gj u guys

Edited by narkedoff