Clarification Request; Nvidia GeForce Promotion

JennyFlynn

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are people upset about this?

You don't have to spend a dime, and you get effectively entered into a contest to win some items. Something they don't have to give.

Because I need to move to Norway in order to have a chance at getting the first Chiss-themed mount in game. That's why I'm, well, not upset -- more like somewhat annoyed and pissed.

Follow-up: is your body prepared for the wave of complaints on 12/13 from those not chosen? :rak_04:

Lemme just save you the time. This is a super super lame way to get people to download an app. Just offer the code. I can't believe EA and SWTOR are this invested in GAMBLING. Even a free giveaway has to be RNG BS.

This is so good! I wish I had a bowl of popcorn for this thread.

Can you imagine Nvidia approaching EA? "Hey, you guys like RNG gambling. How about this idea...."

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Was it meant to be a SWBF2 promotion and given the negative money grabbing publicity that game has generated did it get swapped to SWTOR.

It seems an odd time to opt to do this promotion, no new expansions a different star wars title being released and this is the one that a promotion is for. Why wasn't this done when Kotet launched, why wait a year?

Yeah.... not going to bother with this.

I generally loathe installing some companies client (even a well known company like Nvidia), just because they want me to.

Couple that with the fact that it is a "chance" rather then "surety"..... nope.. forget about it.

It's not like I need yet another mount or some armor that a bunch of other players will have. If either the mount or the armor was something spectacular... then maybe it would entice.. but they really are not that distinctive in my view.

@Bioware do better promotions next time. Clearly you are providing the actual items to a good redeem code, so clearly you could have worked out better terms and certainty for your players. Or are you getting a kick-back from Nvidia for every redeem code issued and applied to a player account?

Edited by Andryah

[*]A lot!

This sounds remarkably similar to "Soon"

ie: vague, imprecise, and open ended.

Surely you can get the actual number of awards planned from Nvidia, so that players at least know the general odds before they bother jumping through hoops with Nvidia.

And making a promotion that deliberately excludes players that do not have Nividia GPUs, as well as countries being excluded... is ... well... it's not good look. It's not a surprising look, but still.. not a good one.

Edited by Andryah

Surely you can get the actual number of awards planned from Nvidia, so that players at least know the general odds before they bother jumping through hoops with Nvidia.

And making a promotion that deliberately excludes players that do not have Nividia GPUs, as well as countries being excluded... is ... well... it's not good look. It's not a surprising look, but still.. not a good one.

The countries issue is out of their control. Plenty of countries have very restrictive guidelines for what can and can't be done. So we shouldn't hold that against them. However, I'm not saying that they devs shouldn't work around those issues, but really they seem kind of moot, as anyone can sign up for the nvidia experience and potentially get the code.

Edited by Holocron

The countries issue is out of their control. Plenty of countries have very restrictive guidelines for what can and can't be done. So we shouldn't hold that against them. However, I'm not saying that they devs shouldn't work around those issues, but really they seem kind of moot, as anyone can sign up for the nvidia experience and potentially get the code.

I can understand the country restrictions for something that is part of a contest, or other promotion.. which clearly this one is.

Which then begs the question... WHY make it something that gets restricted by certain countries? IF.. IF you have players in a country.. then stop freezing them out of promotions. Take a different approach. While it does not affect me in this case (even if I were to apply).... it's weaksauce by the studio... which probably will just tell us it is something EA negotiated and decided on at the corporate level with Nvidia.

Edited by Andryah

I can understand the country restrictions for something that is part of a contest, or other promotion.. which clearly this one is.

Which then begs the question... WHY make it something that gets restricted by certain countries? IF.. IF you have players in a country.. then stop freezing them out of promotions. Take a different approach. While it does not affect me in this case (even if I were to apply).... it's weaksauce by the studio... which probably will just tell us it is something EA negotiated and decided on at the corporate level with Nvidia.

I actually suspect the reverse of that. I think nVidia is the one shopping around to game companies trying to get better adoption of it's drivers, leading to better hardware performances, and thus leading to better customer impressions for them as a whole. Which is also why it's not a equal promotion for people with other graphics solutions such as AMD, or intel.

Edited by Holocron

Why restrict where a code is given then? Like the Cantina events they have? Not everyone lives in NY or LA so we can't all go to the event to get a code.

Legal restrictions. What may be legal in the US is not necessarily legal in Denmark, or Switzerland, or Russia.

Technically it's Soon™ :D

I personally love this app. Provides me with resolutions and resizing of windows for SWTOR and other games on fresh installs. Driver updates, and well not a whole much more. One less thing to deal with when having to click the multitude of options to customize the UI like SWTOR has.

I personally love this app. Provides me with resolutions and resizing of windows for SWTOR and other games on fresh installs. Driver updates, and well not a whole much more. One less thing to deal with when having to click the multitude of options to customize the UI like SWTOR has.

Yeah, despite being a little bloatware-ish, I use it on my laptop. It has a game optimization option based on your system specs, as well as a broadcasting option.

Lemme just save you the time. This is a super super lame way to get people to download an app. Just offer the code. I can't believe EA and SWTOR are this invested in GAMBLING. Even a free giveaway has to be RNG BS.

EA just lost between THREE BILLION AND SIX BILLION dollars in stock from this gambling nonsense. What do they do? They double down. (Get it?... double down)

^This. **** BW's obsession with RNG.

I can't participate because I have an AMD GPU and I can't install any Nvidia GPU that fast.

Well, if AMD is willing to feature SWTOR during driver installation as well as on their Gaming Evolved app, I'm sure they'll also get an exclusive ingame item and giveaway codes. I doubt they'd hand them out to nVidia users, though.

For BW this is is a great deal, a week before Last Jedi, millions of Nvidia users just got a driver update and saw that there is a star wars MMO. Nvidia on the other hand just shows AMD users that the grass is greener on their side.

That certain countries are excluded is because they don't allow raffles that require you to buy a product to participate. If you need to buy something for a chance to win something, it's gambling and differently regulated (and taxed).

Edited by Mubrak

I went and down loaded or made a NVIDIA account I did not get any kinda of code. I read some of the thread's here and there but no one is answering the big Question will we get it auto in the mail or was there a code ? or am i missing some thing. Some one said some thing about gambling and what county your in. I am in the United States so I am pretty sure I am able to get it. But the catch 22 I am looking for a just a strait answer is there a code or all i had to do is sighn up and ill get it in the mail ? Edited by WARCHILDvolk

I went and down loaded or made a NVIDIA account I did not get any kinda of code. I read some of the thread's here and there but no one is answering the big Question will we get it auto in the mail or was there a code ? or am i missing some thing. Some one said some thing about gambling and what county your in. I am in the United States so I am pretty sure I am able to get it. But the catch 22 I am looking for a just a strait answer is there a code or all i had to do is sighn up and ill get it in the mail ?

Where's the LOL button? I got the GEFORCE where's mah stuff? Dude, you have a chance to get a code delivered on the 13th (tomorrow).

Edited by kodrac